What's new

Best application to use for recording GTA SA?

Athens

Donator
I've tried some things like Fraps and Bandicam, but both cause huge frame drops or glitches my game. Overwolf doesn't support GTA SA and I'd like an application to record in-game footage with it.

Matty

Donator
I use OBS. It's a bit difficult to set up, though. There's like, NO fps drop.
I have mine set to quite low quality, I don't record to make like sick videos, I only record 24/7 to catch funny moments and for complaints, and the best way to accomplish that is by using low quality presets to preserve disk space & FPS even more.

DogNo

Donator
Matty said:
I have mine set to quite low quality, I don't record to make like sick videos, I only record 24/7 to catch funny moments and for complaints, and the best way to accomplish that is by using low quality presets to preserve disk space & FPS even more.
How much is the avarage disk space a video file takes if you record for one hour straight? I am using bandicam and I set it up very good where 2 minutes and 25 seconds video file is just 98mb.

Feniksxx

Silver Member
DogNo said:
Matty said:
How much is the avarage disk space a video file takes if you record for one hour straight? I am using bandicam and I set it up very good where 2 minutes and 25 seconds video file is just 98mb.
really depends, a one with good quality of 10 minutes took maybe 270 mb, one that took 3 minutes just had 7mb

Lawson

Gold Member
Matty said:
Can you share your settings please?

Matty

Donator
DogNo said:
Matty said:

A 15 minute video is 2.66 gigs, you go ahead and find out how much that is for 2 minutes.
Probably a little more, but as I said, I really don't care. I only record for funny moments/complaints and not for quality, I keep my videos for a week in-case and then I delete them. Don't forget I record constantly, not just occasionally.

EDIT: Didn't read it properly, a 1 hour video is 10,7 gigs.

Lawson said:
Matty said:
Can you share your settings please?

515702f4c11d6ca0d942ec9966ab442d.png