What's new

Ban problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsjxck

Donator
Ummm... When I log in, it says I am temp-banned but I haven't been banned...

I don't know whats going on, can someone help me please?

I can post any details you need.

~Jack

Mark_Fleur

Retired Admin
There is a samp bug where you are sometimes "banned". Simply close GTA:SA, close SA:MP, then re-open them all and repeat till it is fixed.

On another note you may have been temporarily banned while you were offline, perhaps a forum complaint was made against you and was successful, or you were seen doing several stupid bannable offences and then logged off before an admin had the chance to /tban, so they instead used the /punish command.

itsjxck

Donator
No, I found out what the problem was:

My character is linked to my friends master account and he has been given a temp-ban.

Before you say something like 'It shouldn't be linked to someone else's account' the reason for it is:

My friend was over, we both wanted to play, I hadn't been on for a long time and it was asking me to link to a master account, I had no idea what that was and he just did it for me... At the time I didn't know what it was all about so I didn't know any better.

If I quickly go and make a MA now, could you transfer my character over please?

Mark_Fleur

Retired Admin
xI J 4 C K Ix said:
If I quickly go and make a MA now, could you transfer my character over please?

You'd have to ask another admin, I personally have nothing to do with the MA system.

Mark_Fleur

Retired Admin
Rasta and Daniel are supposedly active on the forum right now and I know they have access to parts of the MA system, so PM one of them. If they can't do anything you'll have to PM either Alec, Cook or Jazz.

itsjxck

Donator
PM'd Daniel.

Rasta said he cant help me on TS, not sure if he just cant be bothered though; he wasn't really that helpful.

AshleyAcidix

Donator
xI J 4 C K Ix said:
PM'd Daniel.

Rasta said he cant help me on TS, not sure if he just cant be bothered though; he wasn't really that helpful.
Admin's have alot of job's and have a life to mate, but have you got this sorted? now try PM Cook, Jazz, or Alec, but I don't think Jazz will respond as he inactive for awhile.

itsjxck

Donator
AshleyAcidix said:
xI J 4 C K Ix said:
PM'd Daniel.

Admin's have alot of job's and have a life to mate, but have you got this sorted? now try PM Cook, Jazz, or Alec, but I don't think Jazz will respond as he inactive for awhile.

Yeah, i understand that; i think i just caught him at a bad time.

But after talking to Mark some more, i'm gunna post in ban appeals and then go to pms as a last resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.