What's new

Ban problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xI J 4 C K Ix

Donator
Joined
Jul 24, 2011
Messages
66
Ummm... When I log in, it says I am temp-banned but I haven't been banned...

I don't know whats going on, can someone help me please?

I can post any details you need.

~Jack
 

Mark_Fleur

Retired Admin
Joined
Dec 22, 2010
Messages
2,163
There is a samp bug where you are sometimes "banned". Simply close GTA:SA, close SA:MP, then re-open them all and repeat till it is fixed.

On another note you may have been temporarily banned while you were offline, perhaps a forum complaint was made against you and was successful, or you were seen doing several stupid bannable offences and then logged off before an admin had the chance to /tban, so they instead used the /punish command.
 

xI J 4 C K Ix

Donator
Joined
Jul 24, 2011
Messages
66
No, I found out what the problem was:

My character is linked to my friends master account and he has been given a temp-ban.

Before you say something like 'It shouldn't be linked to someone else's account' the reason for it is:

My friend was over, we both wanted to play, I hadn't been on for a long time and it was asking me to link to a master account, I had no idea what that was and he just did it for me... At the time I didn't know what it was all about so I didn't know any better.

If I quickly go and make a MA now, could you transfer my character over please?
 

Mark_Fleur

Retired Admin
Joined
Dec 22, 2010
Messages
2,163
xI J 4 C K Ix said:
If I quickly go and make a MA now, could you transfer my character over please?

You'd have to ask another admin, I personally have nothing to do with the MA system.
 

Mark_Fleur

Retired Admin
Joined
Dec 22, 2010
Messages
2,163
Rasta and Daniel are supposedly active on the forum right now and I know they have access to parts of the MA system, so PM one of them. If they can't do anything you'll have to PM either Alec, Cook or Jazz.
 

xI J 4 C K Ix

Donator
Joined
Jul 24, 2011
Messages
66
PM'd Daniel.

Rasta said he cant help me on TS, not sure if he just cant be bothered though; he wasn't really that helpful.
 

AshleyAcidix

Donator
Joined
Jun 7, 2011
Messages
2,488
xI J 4 C K Ix said:
PM'd Daniel.

Rasta said he cant help me on TS, not sure if he just cant be bothered though; he wasn't really that helpful.
Admin's have alot of job's and have a life to mate, but have you got this sorted? now try PM Cook, Jazz, or Alec, but I don't think Jazz will respond as he inactive for awhile.
 

xI J 4 C K Ix

Donator
Joined
Jul 24, 2011
Messages
66
AshleyAcidix said:
xI J 4 C K Ix said:
PM'd Daniel.

Rasta said he cant help me on TS, not sure if he just cant be bothered though; he wasn't really that helpful.
Admin's have alot of job's and have a life to mate, but have you got this sorted? now try PM Cook, Jazz, or Alec, but I don't think Jazz will respond as he inactive for awhile.
Yeah, i understand that; i think i just caught him at a bad time.

But after talking to Mark some more, i'm gunna post in ban appeals and then go to pms as a last resort.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top