What's new

Are anciently dead people names allowed?

Witting

Donator
Deluca said:
It really depends to be honest. There are some famous people will really common firstnames and lastnames like John Williams who is an american composer, conductor and pianist. I would say that names which are extremely common should be fine to a certain degree also depending on how famous they are. Names like Taylor Swift or Justin Bieber however is a big no.

It will often come to the decision of the Helpers and the Administrators who is currently online while you're doing the namechange request and if Helpers and other admins are uncertain then we will discuss it amongs ourselves to eventually reach a cohesive decision to accept or deny it. This also includes if you're attempting to take a name of a deceased famous person.

^ I think this pretty much sums it up. I take a stance where if the name is "famous enough" to know it straight away when you see it, it's probably not allowed. If it's some random name and someone googles it and it's just someone that had a failed acting career or starred in one bollywood movie, I'd say it's fine.