What's new

[03/01/2015] Changes in the development team.

TommyB

Owner
Nick said:
Hang on a minute, surely this is bad news. All you've got is a change in title, you already had access to the script. All you've told us is that RCRP has lost a developer, how is this a good thing? It's not as if with the role of lead developer you'll script more, you'll only give it as much time as you actually want to.

Good luck nevertheless, I hope you continue to bring good things to the server.
He had access to a very old version of the source code which wasn't really helping anybody, not the current up to date script. He has that now and we're both able to make changes to the source code and essentially code back and forth by utilizing the SVN.

Due to the fact that the code I gave Peach was so outdated, he wasn't able to make too many changes. The most notable change that was implemented from him was the wheel mod system. Most of the other implementations were done by me. Peach was unable to preform to his full potential, and he's much better with PAWN than I am, which is why I made this decision.

Lior

Banned
i havent said how much i like the new weapon system! i really like it.
better than lsrp's

Jeroen

Donator
Peach said:
Bug Fixes:
Previously development was handled on an old version of the old RCRP script (v1.8) and I was unable to replicate most of the bugs reported and therefore had to ask Tommy to fix them. RCRP now operates on a Subversion network where I can update code real-time and any additions made will also be shown in TommyB's code.
If I may ask, why do you use Subversion?

Anonymous

Jeroen said:
Peach said:
Bug Fixes:
Previously development was handled on an old version of the old RCRP script (v1.8) and I was unable to replicate most of the bugs reported and therefore had to ask Tommy to fix them. RCRP now operates on a Subversion network where I can update code real-time and any additions made will also be shown in TommyB's code.

Cmp20tY.png

Codac

Donator
So, with people all two bans about the vehicle repair hacks recently, and them being leaked on the forums, you working on a better anti-cheat? I've tried myself and it's hard to create an anti-vehicle repair hack script, but it's possible. Whenever a vehicle's HP is changed whilst not in a zone set around the repair garages (or maybe have the message sent no matter where the player is located), have it send an admin warning message out about a possible hack. It may or may not be possible, but if it is that's how I'd recommend doing it.

But, not like it's much of my business. Anyway, something related to the topic itself, Peach has definitely proven himself worthy and I bet now he's gonna be able to get a LOT more done than before, being restricted to an old version of the script versus having the new script to actually work with.

Jeroen

Donator
Peach said:
Jeroen said:
Peach said:
Bug Fixes:

Cmp20tY.png
What I mean is, why did you pick SVN over the many SCMs?
There have been stories with Subversion where entire projects or months of work have vanished because one server crashed.

Codac said:
So, with people all two bans about the vehicle repair hacks recently, and them being leaked on the forums, you working on a better anti-cheat? I've tried myself and it's hard to create an anti-vehicle repair hack script, but it's possible. Whenever a vehicle's HP is changed whilst not in a zone set around the repair garages (or maybe have the message sent no matter where the player is located), have it send an admin warning message out about a possible hack. It may or may not be possible, but if it is that's how I'd recommend doing it.

But, not like it's much of my business. Anyway, something related to the topic itself, Peach has definitely proven himself worthy and I bet now he's gonna be able to get a LOT more done than before, being restricted to an old version of the script versus having the new script to actually work with.
I have a pretty good and working anti-vehicle repair anti-cheat, it works and I have never caught any more vehicle repair cheaters with this thing on and it didn't result into false-positives.

The principle is that a vehicle's health can be lowered by the player, but they can't raise it unless you go to a Pay 'n' Spray.