What's new

Introducing the Player Relations team!

Killaa

Faction Consultant
I was actually going to suggest that we establish a community feedback team or something like that. I hope we will all be productive in terms of the improvement we want for RCRP. I think this will be helpful.
:cap:

Lee

Platinum Member
its clear this is an attempt to push the server in the right direction - although, im not sure how this is comparable to a community manager; you mention not being responsible for certain areas of the server(factions, admin complaints), however, a typical community manager would likely oversee and ensure everything is running smoothly.

if anything, the OP speaks about transparency but in actuality its rather vague in details about HOW measures will be taken to ensure criticism is responded to correctly. hopefully its better than the old faithful rcrp admins shitting on players in public topics until the topic derails, posts get deleted, nothing happens, and the same thing repeats within the next few weeks.

is this group going to hold other administrators up to standards when they drop beneath them as well? this has big one of the bigger problems seen over the years. admins seemingly getting away with very immature behaviour.

This is a great addition and you all got support from reasonable members of this community who actually appreciate any hard work and attempt invested in this community/server.

being supportive but also questioning the reasoning for certain implementations can co-exist.

Alko

Donator
being supportive but also questioning the reasoning for certain implementations can co-exist.

Yes, it can, but it is getting boring how every single new stuff is being criticized and complained at by the same people over and over again. If it works, it works. No one here is paid for their job nor we pay to play here but still, people take this waaaay too seriously.

Bauer

Retired Admin
its clear this is an attempt to push the server in the right direction - although, im not sure how this is comparable to a community manager; you mention not being responsible for certain areas of the server(factions, admin complaints), however, a typical community manager would likely oversee and ensure everything is running smoothly.

if anything, the OP speaks about transparency but in actuality its rather vague in details about HOW measures will be taken to ensure criticism is responded to correctly. hopefully its better than the old faithful rcrp admins shitting on players in public topics until the topic derails, posts get deleted, nothing happens, and the same thing repeats within the next few weeks.

is this group going to hold other administrators up to standards when they drop beneath them as well? this has big one of the bigger problems seen over the years. admins seemingly getting away with very immature behaviour.

I think someone of Management should be a community manager (it's already in the name). We've had this some years ago, somewhat unofficially. Someone who's sole job is to monitor the community's view of admins, helpers, rules and factions alike (back then they also handled the RCRP social channels). If there's a complaint about factions, he will bring this up to faction management. If an admin steps out of line, he already has the power to actually do something about it. If there's a group of people misbehaving, he can take care of it.

Maybe a team could help to lighten the load of random players asking for stupid things. But I don't really see how a team of admins without a lot of influence in the admin team itself (no offense) is going to be making actual difference. It's a good step in the right direction, don't get me wrong. I just think there's a flaw in the execution of the idea.

Reactions: Lee

Limitless

Retired Admin

To be in position to oversee admin complaints and factions, this community manager must be a member of management itself. I don't see why it has to be one individual person, taking decisions for the entire server is a heavy burden to bear by anyone.