What's new

Weapon License Problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DutchWolve

1. I have had my weapon license issued about a week ago, and I bought my pistol soon afterwards. Afterwards in an IC dispute I got killed whilst having my pistol equipped, and now I can't buy any more. It says I've already bought a gun of this type.

2. I wish to change the name of the character that has the weapon license. During an /assistance a helper told me I could keep the license, as long as I inform the State Police. How would I go about doing that?

Thank you in advance,
DutchWolve.

Thever

Donator
Hello. The problem is here that you can only buy one gun of a certain type legally to prevent abuse:
Earl said:
This is actually a feature - you won't be able to purchase a new legal weapon, as long as the one you bought previously still exists in the server (aka it's either in someone's hand or someone has it stored). It's a prevention for using weapon licenses as a way to gain much more money on selling guns (as opposed to guns from weapon crates), however I do agree that the system isn't perfect.

It would be great to see a good suggestion on how to revamp the system so that it still serves its purpose - but doesn't limit people who don't intend on using the license to deal guns. It's something for the suggestions section though, as like I said, this is how the script is meant to work.

To solve this issue, you might try to make a refund request here: viewforum.php?f=56 . You will most likely have to pay for the gun again though.

As for the contacting of a WLD member of the SASP, you can PM a licensing supervisor on this roster for that: http://sasp.redcountyrp.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=255

Status
Not open for further replies.