What's new

VorbisFile.dll Errors After NVIDIA Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zodiac

Tester
Howdy,

I've updated my driver the other day and ever since, my PC went nuts. I can no longer use dual monitors. The NVIDIA panel acknowledges the input of the second monitor, but won't let me use it. I am able to run games like CS:GO, but it won't let me run GTA:SA because I keep getting the VorbisFile is missing error. Even though I have the file in my game directory. I haven't edited my game at all for at least a month since I was LOA on March. My computer specs (and monitors) have been working fine for many years.

PC Specs said:
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 680 (2GB)
CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K @ 3.20GHz
RAM: 24GB

Graphics Driver: 465.89 (30/MAR/2021)
GeForce Experience: 3.21.0.36 (03/FEB/2021)

If it matters,
Monitor #1: Samsung S24B300 (digital)
Monitor #2: LG W1943 (analog)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kaos

Retired Admin
Download your latest drivers from the Nvidia website, open the installer and select whether or not you want GeForce Experience. Click Agree and Continue and then Custom (Advanced), on the next page you’ll see Preform a clean installation. This will wipe all your previous versions of your drivers and do a fresh install, it will also wipe out your settings etc.

Hopefully doing a fresh install will assist you with your issues.

Zodiac

Tester
Download your latest drivers from the Nvidia website, open the installer and select whether or not you want GeForce Experience. Click Agree and Continue and then Custom (Advanced), on the next page you’ll see Preform a clean installation. This will wipe all your previous versions of your drivers and do a fresh install, it will also wipe out your settings etc.

Hopefully doing a fresh install will assist you with your issues.
I've been through that. Even used DDU for a completely fresh install. Went as far as to reinstall drivers from 2 months ago to no avail.

Kaos

Retired Admin
I've been through that. Even used DDU for a completely fresh install. Went as far as to reinstall drivers from 2 months ago to no avail.
That’s weird honestly, usually the fresh install does the trick.

Eriksen

Donator
What is the exact error? I've delt with errors like these for years now.

First of all, try installing this:

Secondly, go to Control Panel, Programs and Features, Turn Windows features on and off, and make sure Direct Play is enabled under the legacy components

Eriksen

Donator
Also, which modifications are you using? ENB has problems with newer drivers, I know..

Zodiac

Tester
Also, which modifications are you using? ENB has problems with newer drivers, I know..
I removed ENB some months ago. Use CodsMP and some car mods, CLEOs (CamHunt, HeliCam, Cruise Control, Radar Zoom). My game had no problems whatsoever; I was on LOA all March and haven't missed with the game files at all. If I try to run GTA:SA not as an administrator, it'll simply change the cursor to the loading screen and do nothing (not even in processes @ task manager). If I run it as an admin, I get that vorbis error. Same deal if I run it from SA:MP.

Eriksen

Donator
Don't run it as admin. That causes a million errors for me as well. There is a fix, but it's a bit confusing.

Step 1. Close SAMP. Copy the gta_sa.exe and rename it enb.exe.

Open the registry editor, current user, software, samp and locate SAMP.
Under there, there is a register called gta_sa_exe. Change that path to the enb.exe file you just made. Open SAMP and try again.

Eriksen

Donator
I say this because I had sudden issues myself. I never figured out the problem - I thought it might have been because of a graphics update as well. (Also NVIDIA)

These steps worked and still works for me 9/10 times. If not, your directx isn't being loaded properly because of the GPU update.

Status
Not open for further replies.