What's new

Usage of /ame

Status
Not open for further replies.

IWankCats

Silver Member
So I was watching some RCRP MVs made by members of our community, and noticed that several time, before a player is killed, you see this:

/Ame Pulls out a [Weapon name and where from] and beings firing at [Victim's name]

I was just wondering if this is allowed, as many times, the people doing this opened fire straight away without giving other players a chance to respond. I understand how in some situations there will be a huge argument in /do , but I was just wondering if this is allowed.

dex

Donator
What's wrong with it? You can't dodge a bullet so why you gotta ask in /do if you're able?

/do is massively over used.

Henderson

Retired Admin
I disagree with players using /ame for important roleplay such as drawing weapons. Using /ame for that purpose results in reports for powergaming and asspulling. I strongly recommend using /me when withdrawing a weapon to avoid accusations and any resulting issues.

jcsef

Silver Member
Bauer's whole thread on roleplay during brawls basically shot down the usage of /do Able. I never do any of that crap, it's pointless. I give people time to rp resisting (in terms of arrest) or allow them to counter the interaction (if I'm fighting them), and otherwise I just carry on with the RP.

Though I do think that players should use /me for things like drawing a firearm or striking a punch, stuff like that. I use /ame for subtle things, like /ame rubs his chin or some shit.

Thever

Donator
If you want to holster/unholster your firearm, you only need to use a /me or /ame if you don't have the firearm in question visibly holstered on yourself, but you can ofcourse always use a /me for it if you want.
Regarding using a /me to shoot someone; this can be done in one on one roleplay scenarios to underline a players action. From what I know a /me or /ame to state you fire a shot is however not needed as you can do this via in-game mechanics. I think it's safe to say people can't dodge bullets fired at them anyway unless they're in some sort of cover.

Using two actions like this in one /ame (pulling out a gun and then firing it) might however classify as powergaming, as the player could try to disarm the gunman in between the gun being pulled out and a shot being fired.

So the best thing to do would be to RP pulling out the firearm, and then fire it by clicking LMB, no /(a)me needed in that last action. In that case the victim can always try to act somehow in between these two actions.
And, as said above, I also think a /me is better than an /ame to prevent any confusion.

Tom

Donator
I always use /ame to pull out guns, otherwise people 10m away from me, nevermind I'm behind a building, hidden behind a wall or a corner, they'll know there's a dude somewhere here with a gun, better pull out my gun, or get outta here. That's metagaming.

paxie

Legendary Member
Tom said:
I always use /ame to pull out guns, otherwise people 10m away from me, nevermind I'm behind a building, hidden behind a wall or a corner, they'll know there's a dude somewhere here with a gun, better pull out my gun, or get outta here. That's metagaming.

yep. literally everyone uses /ame to pull out their guns lol and i dont see how it'd be a hassle if people report you for asspulling - admins can literally check if you did a me or not so easily.

Alko

Donator
Using /me for taking weapon, some people can see that and they would like accidently walk where you are and see you with gun or something, so /ame is better because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.