What's new

Unable to donate from Turkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLegit

Donator
I live in Turkey as some of you may know and after selecting the donate option, it won't allow me to do it from Turkey. If any of you know a way for me to donate, please let me know. I'm planning on donating £20 for donator level 3 for your info.

iLegit

Donator
The only choice is PayPal and PayPal is blocked in Turkey or has ceased operations in Turkey, hence my inability to donate.

Chippy

In that case, your only option may be to use a VPN. There are various VPN services that you can use, and there are VPNs as browser extensions (depending on the browser). If you choose to use a VPN, you may have to create a new PayPal account and add your payment option. This method should work without a problem!

EDIT: If you plan to only use the VPN for donating, I recommend getting a VPN browser extension. They are easier to install, use, and remove.

Arky

Retired Admin
Chippy said:
In that case, your only option may be to use a VPN. There are various VPN services that you can use, and there are VPNs as browser extensions (depending on the browser). If you choose to use a VPN, you may have to create a new PayPal account and add your payment option. This method should work without a problem!

EDIT: If you plan to only use the VPN for donating, I recommend getting a VPN browser extension. They are easier to install, use, and remove.

Well, he could get a friend from another country to donate for him, how-ever not everyone can be lucky enough to have friends across borders.

Chippy

Both of those are good options, but they can be high risks. The "friend" could be a scammer which would result in an unintended donation of 20 pounds to the "friend".

Connection

Donator
Unfortunately no exceptions can be made and Tommy has made it clear in the past. You'll have to rely on someone trustworthy to assist you in donating through PayPal, because that's the only way.

Arky

Retired Admin
Chippy said:
Both of those are good options, but they can be high risks. The "friend" could be a scammer which would result in an unintended donation of 20 pounds to the "friend".

Get an admin or helper to help you out, they are less likely to scam you. (Hopefully)

iLegit

Donator
WendyLady said:
Perhaps you could use a bank's IBAN to send money to someone and they will pay for you?
Yeah, I guess I'll just end up doing that. Thanks for the responses, I guess this can be L&A'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.