What's new

Unable to (de)sticky topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limuz

Donator
Since a couple of days, I'm not able to (de)sticky topics anymore in the section I can moderate.
Can only admins sticky topics? What happened?

Grafix

Donator
Click the "Edit" button on the first post in the thread
then ,once the page has loaded, scroll down until you see the options section.
At the bottom of that section you will see something that says 'Post Topic As:'.
next to that are the modes you can post the topic as.
to unsticky a topic just click the circle for normal mode and then press send.

If this helped u press thanks ;D
if it didnt then tell me exact details of your problem and il see what i can do

Limuz

Donator
I want to sticky topics, but somehow the 'Sticky this topic' button is gone.

Grafix

Donator
Could be a problem with HTML..
Press CTRL+U and tell me if you see any text that says "Sticky this topic"

Grafix

Donator
If you do send me the whole section for that code in a
Code:

Muys

Donator
Nah the system is kindda fail. I can't sticky in the private sections either..
I guess that it it unfixable

Giga

Donator
Well, I managed to (bypass) the forum that I'm administering, since we have the same forum host.

First, you must get into your post. It should look like this.

sticky10.jpg

So, you must click the "Edit" button of the first post.

sticky11.jpg

So you're in the first post. Scroll down until you see "Options". If it is closed, click the + button on the right edge of the Options border. You should see the "Post topic as:" on the end of the Options border.

To stick that topic, you must click the Sticky radio button. Or, to unstick that topic, you must click the Normal radio button.

After you have chose your topic status, click the Save button.

sticky12.jpg

If the post has been saved successfully, it will show up like this.

sticky13.jpg

When you go back to the section that you are moderating, you should see that the topic is stickied. If the topic is unstickied/not stickied, it will be be on the Topics corner below the stickied/announced posts.

sticky14.jpg

If there was an error after saving, please verify that you are a moderator of that section.

sticky15.jpg

If you see that your forum name is on the Moderators list, you can moderate your forum section. To verify that you can really moderate the forum, you should see the You can moderate this forum.

If you see that you can moderate your section and are still having problems with sticking/unsticking your section, then you must contact any Forum Administrators (Alec, Bishop, Daniel, Jazz and Major) (Note that the "Administrators" usergroup are not really the forum administrators.

If the Forum Administrators are unable to solve the issue, then they will need to contact the one who has full administration panel access (Alec). If he's not able to resolve this, then he will need to post a technical help on the RC-RP forum host's forum.

Limuz

Donator
Hmm. I'm at the point 'Options' but [Normal | Sticky | Announcement | Global Announcement] don't show up at all. The rest (Disable HTML etc etc) does.

Grafix

Donator
Well.. after looking at the HTML.. there is no radio button that allows you to sticky topics and etc..

Only alec can fix this =S

Status
Not open for further replies.