[TommyB/Fr0st] [Ongoing] SACFD Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parker

Silver Member
Re: [TommyB/Fr0st] [Urgent] SACFD Forum

BigD said:
Still happening?
I'm no longer with the SACFD actively however I do help out time to time. This happens quite frequently and it seems to be some sort of issue with the database which is constantly corrupting itself. Attempts to recreate the environment and actions leading up to the corruption have failed. It's random and I have no idea why.

If the forum hasn't been updated, it'd be lovely if it could. I also see that SASP leader's (well, Wang) has had administrative access to his forums however Ryan (J-R Parker, here on the forums) can't even add a BB code if he wanted to. I think it would benefit everyone if he was given the ability to make changes in order to benefit his forum.

The constant instability of the forums is proving a pain in the ass, and a while back I even got a XenForo license for the FD to utilise as the current SACFD forums were proving difficult to use and unstable. However, that was reportedly rejected and we were forced to continue using the same forums.

Regardless, if something could be done to prevent this happening in the future, it'd be appreciated. I'd also like to kindly question whether or not the SACFD forums are regularly backed up, as there are a lot of precious guides that the department has formed over the years, that are also accessed by the SASP's ESU/TacEMS units. I'd hate for those to be lost as it would be devastating to the department.

Thanks!

fr0st

SysAdmin
System Administrator
Re: [TommyB/Fr0st] [Urgent] SACFD Forum

Parker said:
BigD said:
Still happening?
I'm no longer with the SACFD actively however I do help out time to time. This happens quite frequently and it seems to be some sort of issue with the database which is constantly corrupting itself. Attempts to recreate the environment and actions leading up to the corruption have failed. It's random and I have no idea why.

If the forum hasn't been updated, it'd be lovely if it could. I also see that SASP leader's (well, Wang) has had administrative access to his forums however Ryan (J-R Parker, here on the forums) can't even add a BB code if he wanted to. I think it would benefit everyone if he was given the ability to make changes in order to benefit his forum.

The constant instability of the forums is proving a pain in the ass, and a while back I even got a XenForo license for the FD to utilise as the current SACFD forums were proving difficult to use and unstable. However, that was reportedly rejected and we were forced to continue using the same forums.

Regardless, if something could be done to prevent this happening in the future, it'd be appreciated. I'd also like to kindly question whether or not the SACFD forums are regularly backed up, as there are a lot of precious guides that the department has formed over the years, that are also accessed by the SASP's ESU/TacEMS units. I'd hate for those to be lost as it would be devastating to the department.

Thanks!

I am not sure what causes the corruption, but it always seems to be the table "moderator cache".

I cleaed this once, it resolved it for a month or two. I assume it is some plugin or modificaton to the forum itself which is causing the corruption. This forum is using phpBB with tons of mods on the very same MySQL server and it performs flawlessly. I've never seen any tables corrupted at all.

To answer your other question; Yes, backups are made daily, weekly, and monthly.

If you need ownership/permission changes on the forum, please contact Tommy as he has an administrative account on that forum. For maintenance/upgrade/software related issues; You may PM me.

Parker

Silver Member
It's down again. If you could please sort that again. ;p If you do get a chance, (I'm not sure if it's outdated), could you also update it?

Appreciate it a lot.

Parker

Davis

Administrator
Parker said:
It's down again. If you could please sort that again. ;p If you do get a chance, (I'm not sure if it's outdated), could you also update it?

Appreciate it a lot.

Parker
I can access it without an issue, what happens?

Status
Not open for further replies.