[Tips] Marketing techniques

IG Name
Richard Wright
IG Faction
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Hello, wonderful world of RC:RP!
I'm going to teach you a few marketing techniques I use to buy and sell cars. I re-joined the server just three days ago, and all my balance was gone. I've worked hard, and just from buying and selling vehicles/houses, I've already made $94 thousand.

Techniques:
Adverting:
When you advertise it is recommended you use /padvert instead of /advert as it only displays your phone number instead of your number and name. Remember, level four donators get free adverts!

Buying:
When you are going to buy a vehicle, business or house, you need to find a cheap price. Usually, I'd look for buying it about 70% market price, and selling it for 75-80% market price. A very important aspect is to find good deals. Here is an example of a good buying advert:
[Private Advert, Phone 123456789] [Buying] Buying a Huntley for thirty five thousand dollars! Call or SMS.

Here is an example of a bad one:
[Advert] Buying a Huntley for fifty thousand dollars! [John Doe, Phone 123456789]

Once you buy, you are ready to re-sell.

Selling:
When selling, as mentioned above in the previous technique, it is HIGHLY recommended you sell above the price you bought it for, unless you need to sell it extremely urgent and are in desperate need of cash, even if you are, you should still try and sell it for higher to keep a stable profit. If you followed the buying technique, you might have seen I said you should buy it for 70% and sell it for 75-80%. This is to not go too overboard and might take a while to make a profit, but it works very well.

Here is an example of a good selling advert:
[Private Advert, Phone 123456789] [Selling] Selling a Huntley for $37 500. Call or SMS.

Here is an example of a bad one:
[Advert] Selling a Huntley. [John Doe, Phone 123456789]

Congratulations!
Once you have completed these steps and sold your first vehicle/house/business, you can call yourself a salesman. Remember, this is very slow paced and may take a while to make profit! If you want to try to get better profit, you can mess around with the percentages of the stock value, for example buy for 60% and sell for 90%, but it might be hard to find buyers then. :luvrcrp:

P.S
Here's a little sneak peek of how much I got in three days. (no lies)

Yup, that's $151,182 when you add the cash and bank up. Not bad, eh?

Ray_P

Bronze Member
IG Name
卐 卐 卐 卐
IG Faction
卍 卍 卍 卍
Economy 101, literally.
Although it does seem that you put effort into it and tried to make it as detailed as possible so :thumbup:

IG Name
Richard Wright
IG Faction
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Clishey said:
Very nice, but why is it good to place private adverts instead of normal ones?
Because it displays just your phone number and not your name :thumbup:

Rvcboy

Administrator
IG Name
Trevor Oak
IG Faction
Elite Trucking
Nice guide man! I think that guide was needed already when Entity was around, I wanted to join, but had no idea how marketing works.

Ostin

I've been trying to sell for the last two days (including a Sunday) a Buffalo, got it for 50% and trying to sell it for less than 60%. I found myself that it is actually really hard to get somebody to buy it, thought this car would be an easy sell. Any idea if I'm doing something wrong, or should I wait more time? I was just /advert by the way.
Might the economy changed THAT big since you made this post?

Any help on which are the key cars to buy and sell? (The most demanded ones.)

Thank you, guide is super instructive aswell

IG Name
Celly/Furiosa
IG Faction
OPB/E.T
I suggest adding detail to make it look more professional/realistic.

Selling a 1977 Declasse Clover in good condition, SMS offers."