Status
Not open for further replies.

rad

Head of Legal Factions
Lead Administrator
Mu9GV4F.png

-
Hey,

Following recent internal tester changes the decision to re-open the tester recruitment process has been made. If you're a trustworthy and dedicated member of the community, then you already have two of the quality's we look at when hiring new testers. This recruitment batch will retire on October 31st of this year, and applicants will receive their responses. Applications to become a tester will be posted on the private tester boards, and your recruitment will be discussed between the tester and administration team. Tester applicants will receive the result of their application once recruitment has closed. If an applicant is denied, they will receive a detailed reason as to why and if possible anything you can improve upon for the next application batch.

The tester team is a group of community members who are responsible for carrying out a certain set of tasks related to the development of the community. These include, reviewing bug reports, suggestions and testing new updates before they are publicly related. The primary task of a tester is to log onto the appropriate server and test out new releases of both the gamemode and user control panel to ensure that when the version is released it is mostly bug free.

When testers are not testing new releases, they will be mainly focusing on the bugs and suggestion forum ensuring that they are dealt with in a timely matter and that both boards are kept clean and tidy. This is to ensure that when Tommy or myself is looking for outstanding bugs/suggestions the boards are clean and updated. One important part of being a tester is that you understand the sensitivity of the conversations that may be had in the communication channels you will be given access to if successful. It is important that you understand that if you are found to be leaking any information without approval from myself or Management then you will be removed from the tester team and depending on the severity of the leak you may find yourself being removed from the community as well.

Thanks,
Tomato,

Head of Testers (HoT)

credits: myself, Smally.
As HOT I reserve the right to remove you from tester for any reason I deem fit. I hold the right to close the recruitment before the designated date.

[size=4][b]Red County Roleplay[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [SIZE=5][B][COLOR=#0080BF][SIZE=4]Tester Application[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#B40000][SIZE=5][B][B][Insert Forum Name][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#B40000][SIZE=5][B][B]General Information[/B] [B]Master Account Name:[/B] [I]Answer here[/I][/B] [B][B]Characters:[/B][/B] [B][LIST][/B] [B][*][Insert character names here][/B] [B][/LIST][/B] [B][B]Total Time Played:[/B] [I]Answer here[/I][/B] [B][B]Registration Date:[/B] [I]Answer here[/I][/B] [B][B]Timezone:[/B] [I]Answer here[/I][/B] [B][B]List of all factions you're currently in:[/B] [I]Answer here[/I][/B] [B][B]Do you possess a working microphone and do you have access to teamspeak?: [/B] [I]Yes/No[/I][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#B40000][SIZE=5][B][hr][/hr][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#B40000][SIZE=5][B][B]Technical Questions[/B][/B] [B][I]Please note: It is okay if you are unable to answer all these questions. You are not required to know a programming language or know the ins and outs of some of these questions. All we ask is that do your best and answer with as much as detail as possible.[/I][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#B40000][SIZE=5][B][B]Have you ever had a suggestion accepted? If so, what was your suggestion? If not, do you have any suggestions that you feel should have been accepted? Please give as many relevant details as possible and explain why you think your suggestion would fir RC:RP. If you have multiple suggestions, feel free to list them all.[/B][/B] [B][I]Answer here[/I][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#B40000][SIZE=5][B][B]Have you ever found a bug on the main server? If so, did you report it and was the bug fixed? If possible, link to your bug report(s).[/B][/B] [B][I]Answer here[/I][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#B40000][SIZE=5][B][B]Do you have any experience with any programming languages? If so, which languages and how proficient are you? If possible, examples of code you've written may be reviewed.[/B][/B] [B][I]Answer here[/I][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#B40000][SIZE=5][B][B]Have you ever worked in a position similar to what you're applying for now? What was the position and what will you bring from that position into the Tester team?[/B][/B] [B][I]Answer here[/I][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#B40000][SIZE=5][B][B]Why are you applying for this position? What is it about the tester team that you find interesting?[/B][/B] [B][I]Answer here[/I][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#B40000][SIZE=5][B][B]What is the most serious punishment you have received on RC:RP? When was it? What have you learned from said punishment?[/B][/B] [B][I]Answer here[/I][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#B40000][SIZE=5][B][B]Any other comments, that you feel may help with your application?[/B][/B] [B][I]Answer here[/I][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#B40000][SIZE=5][B]I [B][Insert name here][/B], confirm that I have read the opening post regarding tester recruitment and understand that if I am found to be leaking information from the any private means of communication, including but not limited to Discord, Teamspeak and the private development forum. You may be permanently banned from Red County Roleplay.

Last edited:

rad

Head of Legal Factions
Lead Administrator
Due to an overwhelming response I have decided to close tester applications early. If you'd like to send in an app, they'll be open for the next 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.