What's new

Teamspeak crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

SledneckNewfie

Retired Admin
Alright so, yesterday I was on the RCRP teamspeak(Public, not the SASP one), when some hackers came in and spammed some kind of code in the chats causing me and a few others to crash. Ever since this, i've not been able to connect back to the RCRP teamspeak, ALL other servers work fine but as soon as I try to connect to RCRP's I crash and have to force close my teamspeak. I've reinstalled and restarted my PC, tried new user names and it still crashes the second I connect. I don't run any plugins it's a clean teamspeak and all other servers work besides the RCRP one, and before these 'hackers' spammed the chats it worked fine. This happened last night around 10-11PM easter standard, it's now 11:45am for me. Has the teamspeak been restarted by chance? That may possibly help.

Edit: Or maybe if someone can tell me how to clear my teamspeak logs, how the chat saves and comes back in the main chat when you reconnect, so the codes may still be loading which is crashing me. I'm not sure if logs reset after a reinstall because I can't connect to find out if they still show up or not.

Peat

Donator
I'd recommend running your virus scanner first off.

Next I would go to your 'TeamSpeak 3 Client' folder by just right clicking the TS Icon and selecting open file location.
Uninstall teamspeak using the Uninstall executable within the folder, after the uninstall is successful delete any extra files left over in the 'TeamSpeak 3 Client' folder.

Then just re install teamspeak and hopefully you'll be okay.

By the way you wouldn't happen to have a copy of what the hackers spammed / said in the chat would you?
It'd definitely help in finding the cause of your problem.
After that reinstall teamspeak and fingers crossed you should be okay.

Manu

Retired Admin
I also had this problem and this is what I did to fix it:

Uninstall teamspeak using their uninstall exe, mine was located in this folder:
C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client

When uninstalling, check the box saying: delete configuration; this will clear all your bookmarks etc. So be sure to save them all somewhere if you can't remember them. It will also give you a whole new identity, so if you're in a faction or a channel admin, you'll have to get these set back by an admin. (even on other servers than rcrp's server). I also deleted every single file in the folder it was located.

Next thing I did was just reinstalling it, and it worked again :)

Giga

Donator
Manu said:
It will also give you a whole new identity, so if you're in a faction or a channel admin, you'll have to get these set back by an admin. (even on other servers than rcrp's server).

You can export your identity for backup purposes though. (Settings> Identities > Export)

DonutSeller

Donator
Open TS without connecting to RCRP.

Go into Settings, Options, click on Security and then click on Clear Cache. Could work.

RayW

Donator
There's an exploit in the current teamspeak version, which causes a person's teamspeak to crash if they receive it, if your lucky its an easy fix by restarting your computer if not then all you need to do is export your identity and reinstall your teamspeak.

Charles

Retired Admin
RayW said:
There's an exploit in the current teamspeak version, which causes a person's teamspeak to crash if they receive it, if your lucky its an easy fix by restarting your computer if not then all you need to do is export your identity and reinstall your teamspeak.

To prevent it happening in the future I'd personally recommend that you install this plugin:
http://screech.me/ts3/plugins/antifreeze.html

It prevents you from being crashed and tells you who has attempted to do it. You can then obviously, take further action.

PuDzeh

Donator
It has been nearly a week since this topic has been posted on, as such I am afraid that I will have to lock this topic and place it in the archive. Good day to you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.