What's new

[Solved] Kidnapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark_Fleur

Retired Admin
Just a few questions on kidnapping I'm writing a guide on ways to illegally make money so i needed these few questions answered.

How much can kidnappers demand for the ransom of someone(is there no set limit currently or what?)

Do kidnappers HAVE to release the victim after the kidnapping if the ransom is paid, or is it seen as scamming or something and therefore subject to the 10k limit- I don't think it should be really... it's a different ballpark... but yeah just wondering.

If a police member or FBI agent were toe be kidnapped do they have some emergency beacon they can use for their fellows to track them? And is there anyway of the kidnappers knowing that the person activated it, seeing as it is non-RP if they search someone find nothing but he still has some random tracer that they can't find, remove, or know he's using.

And finally are there certain people it's non-RP to kidnap? Tbh if it's planned well enough anyone could be kidnapped IRL, but yeah... for example if you manage to RPly kill Ian Burns's guards and manage to get in such an RP position so that he cannot physically RPly escape, could you kidnap him? Not that I would want to, just that he seems like the pinnacle of the servers legal forces atm :p

Thanks in advance guys

Fleur

Retired Admin
Mark_Fleur said:
How much can kidnappers demand for the ransom of someone(is there no set limit currently or what?)
My thoughts :
a.) You're not robbing the person you're kidnapping (which removes the 5k rob limit), you're basically asking ransom from people who want him back.
b.) There shouldn't be any limit to this, IRL you can ask for an outrageous ransom and if they don't pay - boom!

There aren't any rules concerning kidnapping and ransom so this's a pretty grey area..

Mark_Fleur said:
Do kidnappers HAVE to release the victim after the kidnapping if the ransom is paid, or is it seen as scamming or something and therefore subject to the 10k limit- I don't think it should be really... it's a different ballpark... but yeah just wondering.
If the ransom is over 10k, I think you have to - unless something unexpected comes up like the hostage dying in a shootout.

Mark_Fleur said:
And finally are there certain people it's non-RP to kidnap? Tbh if it's planned well enough anyone could be kidnapped IRL, but yeah... for example if you manage to RPly kill Ian Burns's guards and manage to get in such an RP position so that he cannot physically RPly escape, could you kidnap him? Not that I would want to, just that he seems like the pinnacle of the servers legal forces atm :p
He was actually kidnapped before, so yeah I agree with you here.
You can see a post about this HERE.

Mark_Fleur

Retired Admin
Awesome! I remember that thread now lol probably should have remembered earlier ;) Indeed though they didn't want a ransom! :)

And ok I'll write the the 10k limit down if you plan on killing the kidnaped person :p XD

Thnaks Fleur :)

Status
Not open for further replies.