What's new

Samp mb usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXJnk

Hey I just wanted to know if it takes a lot of internet data to play samp trough mobile internet, I'm ganna use app on my phone WiFi hotspot to connect my laptop to my phones network if that's ganna work. I bought 300mb.

Hypo

Donator
Well, I have never done that before, but I must say yes. 300 MB are not going to be enough for your purposes. Also, you will experience alot of lag.

XXJnk

This is what I found out soo far it works and I can connect internet from my phone to pc and the speed is stupidly fast its says on theyre site that I can reach up to 100Mbits/s thats the same speed as I had with my optic net and we also have 4G net.

ConnorA

Donator
XXJnk said:
This is what I found out soo far it works and I can connect internet from my phone to pc and the speed is stupidly fast its says on theyre site that I can reach up to 100Mbits/s thats the same speed as I had with my optic net and we also have 4G net.

Yeah, it can be fast however 300mb of Data wont keep you online for long. If I watch a TV show (e.g. Family Guy) on my phone, one 20 minute episode takes away 200mb of my data, so using SAMP on 300mb of data will not last long I'm afraid.

Manu

Retired Admin
I've tested it for about 20 minutes driving through and from area to area and I got about 7MB in those 20 minutes. Do the math and you'll know how long 300 MB will get you ;)
Do know that this will probably increase when there are more people online, also don't blame me if you go over your limit!

@Connor: Of course streaming a video will take a whole lot of bandwith. The difference with this game is that it only gives the locations and data associated with the game, rather than streaming the textures and shit of every single object. Those are already on the hard drive.
Streaming in the object id and the coordinates for the gant bridge, for example, will only be a few kilobytes, streaming in the object (just like streaming a series etc works) would take 1.3MB.

TL;DR: You'll probably be fine

Witting

Donator
Manu said:
I've tested it for about 20 minutes driving through and from area to area and I got about 7MB in those 20 minutes. Do the math and you'll know how long 300 MB will get you ;)
Do know that this will probably increase when there are more people online, also don't blame me if you go over your limit!

@Connor: Of course streaming a video will take a whole lot of bandwith. The difference with this game is that it only gives the locations and data associated with the game, rather than streaming the textures and shit of every single object. Those are already on the hard drive.
Streaming in the object id and the coordinates for the gant bridge, for example, will only be a few kilobytes, streaming in the object (just like streaming a series etc works) would take 1.3MB.

TL;DR: You'll probably be fine

300MB Isn't a bad amount and it should last you a decent few hours - however at times you may see lag spikes, etc especially since you're using it from mobile WiFi, but like Manu said, you should fine.

Mr Expensive

Donator
I have a 300mb internet stick on my computer and everything works fine, so I dont see why it wont on your phone.

Limuz

Donator
ConnorA said:
XXJnk said:

Yeah, it can be fast however 300mb of Data wont keep you online for long. If I watch a TV show (e.g. Family Guy) on my phone, one 20 minute episode takes away 200mb of my data, so using SAMP on 300mb of data will not last long I'm afraid.

My guess is that watching a video will ask for a lot more data than playing SAMP. Considering all it has to do is send packets of where people are and what is being said.

Yassin

Retired Admin
I have gone through more several phone 4G subscriptions in the past year than I can count. A 1GB usually lasts me around 150 MB per three hours if I'm not on teamspeak but I have skype and other programs opened and 300 MB per three hours if teamspeak is opened up and if I've used skype during my time online. Average I would say is 500MB to 100 MB depending on your net usage and what programs you open up whilst playing SA-MP. Overall, I suggest not using 4G and sticking with your regular home internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.