What's new

RP headshot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spressed

Donator
So I had en encounter, where the specific person was shot point blank on the head(as in not from a distance), is it even possible they could have survived without even going to the hospital?
I am not talking about script fights but an actual RP shot scripted?

To me it doesn’t make any sense at all, but I just went with it because I didn’t really feel like forcing RP on people’s throat.

Sakrat

chief executive roleplayer
if you get headshot in /injuries and ur downed u gotta rp dead
if you get headshot in /injuries and ur not downed u rp that your ear got pierced or smth along the lines of that

Spressed

Donator
if you get headshot in /injuries and ur downed u gotta rp dead
if you get headshot in /injuries and ur not downed u rp that your ear got pierced or smth along the lines of that
That’s the script fighting system which makes sense completely, but if someone has a gun point blank on their forehead and then they’re shot even though scriptly a single bullet doesn’t kill them, you can’t just roleplay it pierced the ear because they were shot at their forehead directly.

RP killing and script fighting should be a very obvious point to differ.

Sakrat

That’s the script fighting system which makes sense completely, but if someone has a gun point blank on their forehead and then they’re shot even though scriptly a single bullet doesn’t kill them, you can’t just roleplay it pierced the ear because they were shot at their forehead directly.

RP killing and script fighting should be a very obvious point to differ.
well yes its pretty simple if u get shot in the forehead u die and if someone doesnmt rp dying after that its powergaming

Sakrat

though you gotta specify exactly where you shot them in a /me to wave off any uhhhhh any uhhhhhhhhh i forgot the word but yea specify that my dude amnd you'll be good

Karty

Retired Admin
No, they would not survive if they didn't go to the hospital and the chance of surviving even with medical treatment is slim to none.

Source: brain

Cappunocci

Bronze Member
It's really simple:

If someone RP's shooting you in the head, you die, regardless of what the script says due to realism.

If, however, you are in a shoot out, get the chance to take cover, and realise only later that you have a headshot but are not downed (or bleeding), you should RP it as getting shot past/in the ear or neck, because it would still be a very dangerous shotwound to acquire. SAMP and GTA SA are limited in the aspect of injuries acquired. At least, this has been my experience previously, though statements of other may conflict with what I say.

Sakrat

It's really simple:

If someone RP's shooting you in the head, you die, regardless of what the script says due to realism.

If, however, you are in a shoot out, get the chance to take cover, and realise only later that you have a headshot but are not downed (or bleeding), you should RP it as getting shot past/in the ear or neck, because it would still be a very dangerous shotwound to acquire. SAMP and GTA SA are limited in the aspect of injuries acquired. At least, this has been my experience previously, though statements of other may conflict with what I say.
no they may not thats the correct statement

Cappunocci

Bronze Member
no they may not thats the correct statement
If that's what you say, then it must be true.

I also wanted to clarify that "common sense" also applies in situations as described above. There have only been very, very few cases of humans surviving a shot to the head; and even then, they have health complications that continue to follow them through the remainder of life. The standard protocol for Red County Roleplay is: If you get shot in the head, you are dead, unless an admin states otherwise (which never happens.)

Status
Not open for further replies.