Server Rules
Forum Rules
Teamspeak Rules
Robbery/Scam Rules
Gang Rules
House & Business Customisation Rules
Under 16 Roleplay Rules

Introduction
Welcome to Red County Roleplay! Before joining the server, the administration team would like to inform everyone on our Roleplay standards. We would like everyone to have a fun and fair roleplay experience during their stay on RC-RP, therefore we have written a couple of general arrangements.

RoleplayIn short, it's acting as if your character was a person in real life. Before you start playing, think of who you want your character to look like, and ask yourself a few questions: Do you want to roleplay as a male or female? How old do you want to be? Do you want to be American, Russian, or maybe Chinese? Do you want to keep yourself fully legal, or face the possible consequences and go illegal? Design your character in any way you want to. Also remember that you can't change your race in real life - for example, if your character is black, you may not suddenly begin roleplaying as a white person

/me and /do:

/me is used to describe any actions your character may perform, ranging from simply winking towards someone, through spinning a key in the car's ignition, to stabbing a person with a switchblade.

Example:
/me raises his left hand above his head, indicating the crowd that he wants to say something.
This will appear in the chat as:[/color]
John Smith raises his left hand above his head, indicating the crowd that he wants to say something.

/do is used to describe or explain something that cannot be described with a /me, for example what clothes you're wearing, the fact that there's a pistol laying on the backseat of your car, or that a window in someone's house is broken (of course only if that really has happened).

Example:
/do There are two security cameras attached to the ceiling of the gas station, aimed at the pumps.
This will appear in the chat as:

There are two security cameras attached to the ceiling of the gas station, aimed at the pumps. ((John Smith))

There's a very large chance that you might interact with another player during your stay on the server. /me and /do are always used to describe actions other than communicating with each other. So it might happen that someone will start a fight with you, for whatever logical reason.

In this particular situation, Earl is attacking William, and is using a /me to describe his action:

Earl Williams launches his fist towards William's face in an attempt to knock him out.

Remember that we would like all players to roleplay in a fair and fun manner. This means that we embrace people who do not roleplay-to-win, as we call it. This means that players will undergo every possible way to avoid losing a situation, which usually ends up in them Powergaming, but we'll get to that later.

In this situation, William is surprised that he suddenly got attacked by Earl, so in all fairness, roleplays he gets hit and admits his "defeat". In our eyes, nothing is a win or a defeat of course, we're just playing along in the fairness of the situation.

William Silver gets surprised by the sudden blow and stumbles backwards, eventually falling down onto the ground, unconscious.

William now has the chance to describe his current situation, in which he will use /do.

His body would be laying on the pavement, seemingly lifeless, with his eyes closed. (William Silver).

Now Earl decides to leave the scene, people are gathering around William and are calling an Ambulance to give him medical assistance.

Powergaming
In short, it's using the powers of your character on any other player without giving him a chance to resist, or decide the outcome of your actions. Performing unrealistic, super-human actions also falls under Powergaming. At first, this may be hard to understand, but after a little bit of practice you'll get a hold of it. Basically, if you want to do any action against another player in which he might want to resist, you have to start it, but letting the other person decide how it ends, using the /me and /do commands, like we already mentioned above briefly.

You're somewhere with an afro-american and you're a white male - also you're a racist ICly. The afro-american taunts you, and you decide to attack him. The afro-american realizes that before you make a move and does:

/me throws a quick punch towards the man's jaw, knocking him out.
/do you would be knocked out.

This is considered as powergaming, as you might of wanted to roleplay, for example, getting hit but stumbling backwards and landing on a wall, staying on your feet. By not letting the other party respond to your reaction, and deciding that his action would automatically succeed, is considered powergaming.

You have the ability to ask a player for a reaction, but you do not need to. What do we mean by that? A good example of this would be:

/me throws a quick punch towards the man's jaw, attempting to knock him out.
/do would I succeed?

As you can see here, the player is giving the other a chance to respond, and is even asking him for one. While we understand this might be the best way for newer players to roleplay, a lot of our veteran players just roleplay without the /do. We therefor also encourage everyone to do so.

Player 1:
Player 2: /me would attempt to dodge the punch, but moves too slow and gets hit in his cheek instead.

Usually when this happens, the player in question informs the other party that all resistance should be shown in a /me during the roleplay.
Player 1:
Player 1: /do Any resistance during this roleplay may be done in a /me after my actions.

And Player 2 will continue from there.
Remember that just not asking for a response is not automatically Powergaming to us. Only when you force your actions upon another player and immediately assume it is successful, we do. We would like players to keep that in mind. So if someone does an action without asking you for a reply, you are free to resist when you deem fit. If the other player does not let you resist, however, he is Powergaming. If a player simply takes too long to reply, you may report him for stalling the RP. Please do not force your actions upon players who are not replying, because this is still Powergaming. If someone is not responding to the RP, consult an administrator or ask the player in an OOC chat why he isn't responding.

If you resist to a situation where you have very little chance of resisting however, this is also Powergaming. For example:
Player 1:
/me would attack Player 2 from behind, holding him in a choke-hold.
Player 2: /me would hear the man coming with his supersonic hearing and move 180 degrees, knocking him out with a single kick.

As you can see, realistically Player 2 would not have seen the attack of Player 1 coming, because he would be facing the other way. Therefor it would be unfair to roleplay the attack failing, (and even countering it with a single kick).

Examples of situations where it would be difficult to resist:
  • 5 people have positioned themselves on top of you, holding you to the ground. You decide to kick them all off you and run away.
  • You have been tased by an officer, but get up and keep running.
  • Someone is aiming a gun at you and you decide to rush at him with your bare fists.
  • Someone drives you over with a car and you decide to stand up without any problems.

If there's a situation where you're not sure you or the other party is Powergaming, you are always free to consult an admin by using an /assistance.

Brawling

Brawling is a way players use to organize fights without the use of /me and /do, and simply use the fighting mechanics of GTA: San Andreas. While we allow this type of roleplay, we would like to remind players that brawls may only be done after a detailed /me has been made.

WRONG:
noYWF0b.png

RIGHT:
846aab6028.png

Any movements or acts without the use of a /me and/or /do are considered Powergaming, as you are forcing actions upon a player without their knowledge and consent. This is to keep Roleplaying fun for both parties. We would like to remind people that brawling scriptwise is not the only way to roleplay fights, and we would like to encourage players to manually roleplay them by using the designated commands. This leads to more heavier RP and more interesting and diverse situations.

Conclusion
These are just the basics of roleplaying we enforce on our server. For more rules regarding roleplaying, we're referring you to our Rules & Regulations topic.

Credits to: Bauer, Earl

Status
Not open for further replies.