What's new

Announcement Red County Roleplay - 10 Years

Robert

Retired Admin
I revisit this topic from time to time and think of all the nostalgia, 2013-2020. 7 years on a game that’s been a hell of a ride.

Alec

Retired Admin
Wow! First of all, hello to everyone and in particular if you remember me and are still around from my time as owner! Hope everyone is doing well as I have not kept in touch with anyone from the server really apart from a select few. Thanks for your kind words in your first post Tommy.

It is certainly hard to believe that it was 10 years ago when it all started, and perhaps even more amazing that the server has stood the test of time and is still online and appears to be being led successfully by Tommy. I’ve had a quick browse around the forum and it is rather nice to see so many familiar names still appearing from years and years ago. It is hard to explain how big a part of my life RCRP was and it won’t be something I forget for the rest of my life either. So many fun and memorable times spent on the server, developing the server and creating friendships with people I have never even met, yet speaking to them on a daily basis was something to look forward to.

You are correct, Tommy, when you say I would have doubted to see the server going after 10 years but I guess I made a good decision to hand it over to someone else rather than shut it down. Shutting it down was certainly an option I considered and thought about for a while. There has clearly been some huge changes to the script and lots of features added that have aided to the ongoing success of the server and keeping platers engaged.

So well done to Tommy and the rest of the management team, people who have helped with the development of the server and website since I left, the admin team (past and present), and of course all the loyal players old and new who continue to be part of the community and make it all worth while.

I suppose I’m going to have to get SAMP downloaded again and see what happens when I try login..

Winged

Retired Admin
Wow! First of all, hello to everyone and in particular if you remember me and are still around from my time as owner! Hope everyone is doing well as I have not kept in touch with anyone from the server really apart from a select few. Thanks for your kind words in your first post Tommy.

It is certainly hard to believe that it was 10 years ago when it all started, and perhaps even more amazing that the server has stood the test of time and is still online and appears to be being led successfully by Tommy. I’ve had a quick browse around the forum and it is rather nice to see so many familiar names still appearing from years and years ago. It is hard to explain how big a part of my life RCRP was and it won’t be something I forget for the rest of my life either. So many fun and memorable times spent on the server, developing the server and creating friendships with people I have never even met, yet speaking to them on a daily basis was something to look forward to.

You are correct, Tommy, when you say I would have doubted to see the server going after 10 years but I guess I made a good decision to hand it over to someone else rather than shut it down. Shutting it down was certainly an option I considered and thought about for a while. There has clearly been some huge changes to the script and lots of features added that have aided to the ongoing success of the server and keeping platers engaged.

So well done to Tommy and the rest of the management team, people who have helped with the development of the server and website since I left, the admin team (past and present), and of course all the loyal players old and new who continue to be part of the community and make it all worth while.

I suppose I’m going to have to get SAMP downloaded again and see what happens when I try login..
/fshake alec

But to get on topic, good to see you around again.
Glad you decided to hand it over instead of shutting down. It paid off.