What's new

Quick Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cream

Faction Consultant
Hey, I heard that you no longer can describe a person using a /me, example: /me describes Anthony Soprano
I tried browsing the rules but didn't find anything regarding this, so are you allowed to do this or no?

Zakey

Silver Member
I think that would be metagaming either way.
Imagine you want to describe Jon_White to an officer to report him for a robbery, so you do /me describes Jon_White or a variant of that.
Then, when Jon_White changes their clothes, the officer will still "recognize" him - metagaming.

Lander

Donator
Zakey said:
I think that would be metagaming either way.
Imagine you want to describe Jon_White to an officer to report him for a robbery, so you do /me describes Jon_White or a variant of that.
Then, when Jon_White changes their clothes, the officer will still "recognize" him - metagaming.
Yea but unless his facial appearance change, the shape of his cheeks and his general face, facial hair, chin, nose and body shape (Musclar or skinny) then you would be able to recognize him.

Cream

Faction Consultant
I just heard that you are no longer allowed to describe people like this, so I'm just asking if it is a rule now or no.

Karv

Silver Member
It should be a rule that you have to set an appearance for your character so people can't get away with one just /masking to hide an identity and 2 so they don't mg a /do like that and they can actually explain your appearance. It would make things like this way better and when you change clothes you can always just change the /appearance to fit your appearance. And nobody in this world is going to be able to describe a face structure to a cop, unless you can draw it out the cop wont have a clue the exact person he is looking for.

Gee

Platinum Member
Cream said:
I just heard that you are no longer allowed to describe people like this, so I'm just asking if it is a rule now or no.
lmao all he is asking is if it is a rule or not. this is not meant to be a discussion i dont think.

Cream

Faction Consultant
Gee said:
Cream said:
lmao all he is asking is if it is a rule or not. this is not meant to be a discussion i dont think.

Word ahah.

Arky

Retired Admin
Cream said:
Gee said:
Cream said:

Word ahah.

No, there's not a specific rule about it, but I always advise people to use proper descriptions. It is borderline mg to write ' /me describes xxx_xxx ' in my world.

Cream

Faction Consultant
ArkyStano said:
Cream said:
Gee said:
Cream said:

Word ahah.

No, there's not a specific rule about it, but I always advise people to use proper descriptions. It is borderline mg to write ' /me describes xxx_xxx ' in my world.

Alright I agree with you, should be a rule imo.

Arky

Retired Admin
Cream said:
ArkyStano said:
Cream said:
Gee said:
Cream said:

Word ahah.

Alright I agree with you, should be a rule imo.

Go ahead and make a suggestion on the suggestions-board :)

Status
Not open for further replies.