What's new

Planned maintenance - Friday, August 23rd, 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaos

Retired Admin
LbGphgJ.png

unknown.png

Hippie

Faction Consultant
that's a pretty accurate thing to do for a private equity firm.

Bluman

Donator
Do u ever sleep fr0st that is some epic dank shit, if that happened to me id grow impatient and can the whole thing

Smally

Retired Admin
- 10:11 AM
-> Some people report they've lost their houses. We immediately take down the server and begin investigating.
While investigating, we discover property wipes were triggered despite the lack of inactivity. Odd...

- 10:15 AM
-> I discover the server time is set to September 24th, not August 24th. After wanting to die for a solid minute, I begin investigating that.

- 10:20 AM
-> After investigating the time issue, I figure out the server got the time from the BIOS, not a NTP/time server. I'm guessing this happened during the BIOS madness or the IPMI/server reset. I powered down the server, adjusted the time, and power it back up.

As a result of this people may experience issues with the UCP showing out of date information in some cases. This won't generally affect any character pages etc but will affect news articles, the player count at the top and certain aspects of the site.

The reason behind this is that anything cached on the UCP during the time the above happened won't have an expiration time till after the 24th of September because of the way our caching mechanism works. The usual time to expire on most of these is around 5 - 10 minutes, but in fact it's now technically over a month.

Once fr0st comes online I'll speak to him and we will get this issue resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.