What's new

[NOTICE] Do not post about the server being down

Status
Not open for further replies.

fr0st

SysAdmin
System Administrator
Please do not post about the server being offline/down. Every time that it goes down we are aware within a few minutes if not instantly. I receive emails/SMS when it goes down.

Needless to say, as soon as the server experiences any unforeseen difficulties we look into the issue and work to resolve it as soon as possible.

We do not need messages/posts about it saying "OMG DDOS! #TEAMCK3D!!" or something similar. Any posts/messages complaining about DDoS/server availability will be removed.

Again, we're aware of the issue as soon as it happens and complaining about it does NOT help.

Q: Why can't we complain about it?
A: If the server is down due to an attack, the attacker will feed on the responses of the beloved community being angry over downtime. Users complaining only provides more motive for an attacker.

Q: So this means I can't come to the shoutbox anymore and type "#TEAMCK3D" and "DDOS!!!!!!" anymore?
A: Yes, refrain from posting such messages. Messages containing this will be removed.

I understand that some of you may want to help with informing the community but it is not your duty nor your responsibility.

Thank you.

fr0st

SysAdmin
System Administrator
Going to add this to the server rules and lock/archive this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.