What's new

Moderation tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Rock

Silver Member
Hi, could anyone explain me step by step how to take over as moderator some topic that has been created by someone else and get myself as the author of the given topic?

Giga

Donator
Hello there,

It is impossible to moderate a thread. unless you're assigned as the board moderator where that thread is located. (if board of an official faction).

You can get assigned as the author of a thread, though. If you want to take over a thread from an unofficial faction, you'll need to PM an administrator with your request, along with the proof that the original author has authorized you to take over. Do take note that the original author will no longer be able to modify the thread's original post.

Charles

Retired Admin
Giga said:
Hello there,

It is impossible to moderate a thread. unless you're assigned as the board moderator where that thread is located. (if board of an official faction).

You can get assigned as the author of a thread, though. If you want to take over a thread from an unofficial faction, you'll need to PM an administrator with your request, along with the proof that the original author has authorized you to take over. Do take note that the original author will no longer be able to modify the thread's original post.

Essentially that except that at the moment even if you're a moderator of a section you still cannot change the author. I'd recommend reporting the post that you want the author changed and just input your request into the report box. For example; "Can you change the owner of this topic to T-Rock please?" An Administrator should then fulfill your request.

Step-By-Step
Step 1:
b97beadada.png

Step 2:
960285531f.png

Step 3:
94c711255f.png

Giga

Donator
Daniel Charles said:
Giga said:
Hello there,

Essentially that except that at the moment even if you're a moderator of a section you still cannot change the author. I'd recommend reporting the post that you want the author changed and just input your request into the report box. For example; "Can you change the owner of this topic to T-Rock please?" An Administrator should then fulfill your request.

Step-By-Step
Step 1:
b97beadada.png

Step 2:
960285531f.png

Step 3:
94c711255f.png

You can change the author from the Moderator Control Panel. It's done easily but I'm not sure about the current forum layout.

PuDzeh

Donator
You cannot change the author of a topic with the permissions that we (moderators of boards) have. Only an administrator can.

PuDzeh

Donator
You must private message(PM) an administrator with proof of you being entitled to have a topic in your name instead of another forum account. As a result of that the decision will be made as to whether the ownership of the topic is changed.

Locked for now, in 24 hours this topic will be archived. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.