What's new

[MIGRATION] 11/7/2017 @ 2:00 UTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

fr0st

SysAdmin
System Administrator
Starting on Tuesday 11/7/2017 @ 2:00 UTC, we will be migrating all services (website/ucp/teamspeak/etc) to a new dedicated server provider.

We expect around 1-2 hours of downtime as a result, but it may be more or less depending on how smoothly things go.

Q & A:

Q: Why move servers?
A: The new server has superior hardware and a superior network. The main purpose of this migration is to address desync, packet loss issues and frequent routing issues.

Q: Will my ping go up?
A: The new server is in London (old server is in Gravelines, France) so your latency may increase or decrease as a result (depending on where you are) but the overall goal is to increase connection quality and stability over latency.

Q: Is there anything I need to do to access the new server once it's moved?
A: Assuming you use "server.redcountyrp.com" as your server address in SA-MP, and likewise "ts.redcountyrp.com" for TeamSpeak, then no. DNS will automatically update. If you use the IP, please switch over to the respective DNS names.

Q: Will this fix the lag that I've been having?
A: Maybe! That's the purpose of this move. Overall it should be a step forward for everyone because of the superior network.

Announcements will be made ingame before we shut everything down, so don't worry, you'll get a chance to finish up any RP beforehand.

Updates will be provided on this topic.

rad

Head of Legal Factions
Lead Administrator
its already past july bitch wtf

Beth

Donator
anigif_enhanced-18430-1441348054-21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.