What's new

Major Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacenM

Donator
Alright so basically I went to run SA-MP, when all of a sudden my AVG (antivirus) popped up and auto-removed it, saying it was a critical threat. Now I cannot install SA-MP no matter how many times I try. Possible fix?

Yes it's sad that I'm a helper and cannot help myself, and it's also ironic, don't have to tell me twice :c

JacenM

Donator
^At that AVG is the only one I'll use, cus fuck Norton and Avast.

EDIT: figured out a loophole to bypass AVG, was able to reinstall SAMP afterward, so locking.

Beth

Donator
Get rid of AVG and get Avast instead (I had AVG and Alastair, whilst on my Teamviewer, literally watched me to make sure I got rid of it hahaha)

Joke read your post above uh, can't you like prevent your firewall from blocking it or whatever

Anonymous

I removed AVG from Beths computer and installed Avast because there were conflicts with GTA_SA.exe and also performance issues.

You can also allow the program by going to:

:!: Resident Shield > Manage Exceptions > Add Path (to exclude a directory).
:!: Resident Shield > Manage Exceptions > Excluded Files (to exclude a file) > Add (Add GTA_SA.exe to this).

JacenM

Donator
Peach said:
I removed AVG from Beths computer and installed Avast because there were conflicts with GTA_SA.exe and also performance issues.

You can also allow the program by going to:

:!: Resident Shield > Manage Exceptions > Add Path (to exclude a directory).
:!: Resident Shield > Manage Exceptions > Excluded Files (to exclude a file) > Add (Add GTA_SA.exe to this).

Exactly what I did! I had to disable AVG first, lol, thank you.

Giga

Donator
Your antivirus probably removed some of the important files needed to run GTA San Andreas from your computer, so you might need to reinstall the game then install SAMP.

Status
Not open for further replies.