Not open for further replies.

Steve

Donator
Theo said:
Steve said:
playahboy said:
Theo said:
playahboy said:
so i can just run off if i would do the same irl?
Well,if IRL you're retarded emo,who don't care if he's alive or not,yes you can...
images
alright
IS THIS OOC INSULT BTW?!?!
Omg.
It's considered non-rp if you run away, this person assumes that Emo's don't like their life, so they would run away IRL.
He meant that noone else would do that IRL I think.
It isn't an OOC insult...god damn it people,why everyone who understood what OOC insult is want to blame the first one he catch for that?! No,srsly,why?! I said IF you're retarded emo. I was just explaining you. I don't want to insult you. Jeez!
104.jpg
Maybe he's an emo himself and catches it as an insult for all the emo's?

Duff

Donator
Interesting topic, had something similar happen to me yesterday. I had a guy insult me, he was armed yet did not have his gun pointed at me, in any way, it was actually hanging in his hand by his side. I shot him dead and about three minutes later I was AJailed for not RPing fear. When I questioned the admin how shooting someone merely holding a gun is not RPing fear? (obviously I shot him as I feared he was going to do the same to me) The admin replied they were speccing the whole situation and the player did a /ame. Having checked the logs and gotten a screenshot I can catagorically say the player in question did no such thing.
In any case, I didn't run, I pulled a gun and shot a guy who was preparing to do the same to me, next thing I was jailed 3 minutes later. I suppose now you're gonna say it's non RP to be able to quick draw and shoot someone before they shoot you?

Try telling Clint that!

Theo

Donator
Duff said:
Interesting topic, had something similar happen to me yesterday. I had a guy insult me, he was armed yet did not have his gun pointed at me, in any way, it was actually hanging in his hand by his side. I shot him dead and about three minutes later I was AJailed for not RPing fear. When I questioned the admin how shooting someone merely holding a gun is not RPing fear? (obviously I shot him as I feared he was going to do the same to me) The admin replied they were speccing the whole situation and the player did a /ame. Having checked the logs and gotten a screenshot I can catagorically say the player in question did no such thing.
In any case, I didn't run, I pulled a gun and shot a guy who was preparing to do the same to me, next thing I was jailed 3 minutes later. I suppose now you're gonna say it's non RP to be able to quick draw and shoot someone before they shoot you?

Try telling Clint that!
Well,sometimes that happens too...actually if someone aim a gun at you,but you're far away from him,you can RP you're jumping away and pulling out a gun,I think. I'm not absolutly sure about this,but IRL it's possible,isn't it?

Mark_Fleur

Retired Admin
If they're holding a gun by their side then we have discussed this before and it is RP to either run or pull your own gun out as long as you give a clear /me command.

Thing is sometimes the anims bug so some people cant see them, before you do anything ask if he/she is using an anim, if yes then ask them OOCly to "redo" it as you can't see it!

Fleur

Retired Admin
Fleur said:
I am being held at gunpoint, the ratio is 1:1 - can I pull my gun out to defend myself?
It depends. If you could see holes in his /me's, /do's and the over all situation, go for it and pull it out.
Also, make sure you have kevlar on!
Always assess the distance between you and the robber, if it's reasonable - you can make a run for it.
While running, have a bind ready that says "/do pulls his gun out while you're gun recoils." (If it's a pistol or shotgun)

I am being held at gunpoint, the ratio is 1:1 - can I run? Since me running is me RPing fear - I don't wanna die!
Think for a sec, if you were being robbed IRL, would YOU run? No. Because the chances of you getting shot if you run away is high.
You can though, if you're wearing kevlar and at least 10 feet away unless your character is scared shitless.
By the way, if he's using binds like /me takes out a shotgun from a backpack then have one ready of your own, since it is unrealistic that he could pull it out in a blink of an eye.

Having binds like "/do Has a hand over his waist.(Means ready to pull out a gun quickly) or "/me makes a run for it during the time you pulled out your gun." are extremely useful.

I am being held at gunpoint, the ratio is 1:1. He is using an MP5 or AK47. (or any other automatic weapon) What should I do?
You RP fear and comply with his demands, doing anything at this point is pretty retarded as any automatic weapon can fill you up with holes in less than 5 seconds.
You can run however, as long as the distance between you and him is great.
Also make sure you're wearing kevlar.
Taken from http://www.rc-rp.com/t24328-guide-robbery-and-it-s-grey-lines-faq

As for other circumstances you're unsure of, post them here and we'll try to answer them.

Status
Not open for further replies.