What's new

[L&A] Low ping for years, all of a sudden high ping

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildenborgR

Donator
Hi,

I have always had around 20-30 ping but since a few days it is at 90-120 ping constantly. I live in the Netherlands where the host is, so it should be okay right?

I have 100mbps up and down.

I have reset my router.

Does anyone know what the problem might be? The person that solves it for me gets 100k.

Thank you!

[EDIT: It now appears that I cannot connect at all anymore with my WiFi, yet every other server does work and my mbps hasn't changed.]

EDIT2: Every poster before this post can PM me with their IC name and PM 'Eugene Day' in-game whenever you see him and I'll hand out a portion of the money. Please PM me before January 14th, so I can calculate how big the portion will be.

The problem was that I had to manually flush my DNS.

[EDIT] Turns out it wasn't the problem. It is back to spiking up to 100-130 ping. This morning I had a constant 30 ping. What's going on? If I use my phone's data, I only have 40 ping.

Wolfy

Donator
Re: [100K REWARD] Low ping for years, all of a sudden high ping

You might have a virus that takes your internet. Go to the task manager then network usages of the services and look for any unknown process, kill the task and delete its path.

RAZR

Donator

It actually works. They work with bigger new games like PUBG, Overwatch, LoL, etc... in partnership but you can download their software or buy their pro membership.

Pekson

Donator

Windows key + R, type %temp%, open the folder, delete EVERYTHING in it.
Also, try typing ipconfig /flushdns in run as well, should help a lil!

Electric

Donator

That is actually not a problem, it's happen because you're in Netherland, and the host is in UK. If you want the temporary solution (permanent take risk) you can use VPN and set it to UK, and then the ping is back to normal (as your provider speed).

I think when your ping is getting hundred, otherwise your provider speed is about 20-30, it's no problem, because the speed is remain same (as far as I know) it's only because the host is far from your location.

becasue It's happen too with me, and it's no problem anyway, my ping is always shown 200-300, but the speed like 20-30.

RAZR

Donator

It is against the rules to use a VPN. You have to ask permission for it.

dex

Donator

Are you certain it's only happening on the server?

Run this and tag the post for fr0st, he may be able to help you source the problem.

Deketa

Silver Member

>120ms
>high ping

I wouldn't worry about it man, as long as you're under 200ms, you're good.

Status
Not open for further replies.