What's new

Is doing this allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakey

Silver Member
I roleplay a character called Andrei Posyet.
He "arrived" here as he, a son of an extremely rich and decadent business couple in Russia, together with his dad, flew to the USA by plane and the plane went down in the woods in Montgomery.
He has virtually no English skills ("Excuse? Not English.") and can only speak Russian fluently.

Now my questions:
  1. Is it okay to roleplay that Andrei saw an ad in Russian for a beginner's English course and learned a bit of English there for daily use?
  2. Is it okay at all that I just "invent" an entire plane crash in the woods near Montgomery? I roleplayed it live, but still.
  3. How would I go around making myself a citizen of the USA to take sidejobs and sign paychecks?

Meyrick

Retired Admin
1. Yes but if you speak Russian ICly it has to be

"[RUS] Hello, I'm speaking Russian"

Also if you speak poor English ICly please make sure your /me /do /pm /b is in good English to avoid confusion.

2. You can RP that yes, if an admin is willing to create FD RP they might be able to spawn in an aircraft for you and create some fires.

3. You'd have to RP obtaining a VISA or whatever is best for our character.

Hope this helps.

Zakey

Silver Member
Meyrick said:

Also if you speak poor English ICly please make sure your /me /do /pm /b is in good English to avoid confusion.

2. You can RP that yes, if an admin is willing to create FD RP they might be able to spawn in an aircraft for you and create some fires.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the answer, with question one though I meant roleplaying that Andrei takes English classes in Red County without them actually being there script- or RPwise of course .
I have already roleplayed the aircraft crash scene and to be honest, I don't want to make so many people putting effort in my own little insignificant character backstory. :p

Thanks for answering!

Meyrick

Retired Admin
Zakey said:
Meyrick said:

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the answer, with question one though I meant roleplaying that Andrei takes English classes in Red County without them actually being there script- or RPwise of course .
I have already roleplayed the aircraft crash scene and to be honest, I don't want to make so many people putting effort in my own little insignificant character backstory. :p

Thanks for answering!

I'm sure someone would fancy RPing being your tutor! With a rising player base more and more things are possible.

Zakey

Silver Member
Meyrick said:
Zakey said:
Meyrick said:

Hope this helps.

Thanks for answering!

I'm sure someone would fancy RPing being your tutor! With a rising player base more and more things are possible.
Thought about that too, but just scrolling through the player list, I have seen not a single Russian or even remotely Eastern European name, and I couldn't just create an IC advert as ICly, I wouldn't know my way around the map and even less how to set up an advert in a foreign land.

Jukebox

Banned
Zakey said:
Thought about that too, but just scrolling through the player list, I have seen not a single Russian or even remotely Eastern European name, and I couldn't just create an IC advert as ICly, I wouldn't know my way around the map and even less how to set up an advert in a foreign land.
You can find a computer IG and RP learning English from the internet, I'm sure there are plenty Russian websites that teaching English. There are even English games for beginners with all the basic stuff.

Thever

Donator
As said above, if you can't find anyone to RPly teach you the English language, you can RP that you've taken webclasses or just RP that you have/had a teacher. It'll all fine really. Good luck with your character development!

Status
Not open for further replies.