What's new

If I run more than 10 car mods game crashes, any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melckenburg

Bronze Member
This is the weirdest bug that has happened to me ever, so here are the details.
I use mods, I got modloader and codsMP, I got road textures, timecync whatever etc, they are not the issue, I'm just mentioning them in case someone asks if I got mods. The issue starts with cars, if I put more than 10 cars in modloader I cannot spawn in Monty at all, the cars are not the issue btw, I tested all of them on a movie server they dont crash, they are tuning compatible + gave them to friends to try them out they never crashed around Monty. Here is the trick though, if I remove the "cars" folder from modloader then spawn in Monty and put it back in it works like a charm, if I leave Monty or enter a interior and try to get back in it crashes again, I have CRASHINFO mod that should tell me what crashes the game, however it crashes in such a manner that it doesn't give a error, nothing, just poof it shuts down and puts me to desktop. I believe it's a object/model issue, however not on RCRP's side but on my side, I use a 2nd monitor and I'm on a laptop with a HDMI connected to it.

Any thoughts? please let me know if anyone got any ideas on how I can fix this and play the game with the car mods, I can't stand the vanilla cars.

Kevin

Retired Admin
Set the priority of your vehicle modifications to 49 (less than 50, which is the default). This can be done in settings.
Or try naming the folder something else than 'cars'. Sounds stupid, but always worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.