What's new

I found a faction weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kebab

Donator
So, I was searching the trunk of a random car and it had a deagle in it so I took it.

I was showing my friend, and he told me that it's against the rules to have a faction weapon if you're not in a faction.

Should staff take it off me? It's a Deagle.

Let me know!

I'm not going to use it until I know that it's okay!

Elliot

Donator
A Degal is not a faction weapon, they can be made, Unless you found it in a police car then its ok to keep

Brent

Donator
I don't think it's a faction weapon, the script doesn't allow people in factions with /weapons to store their weapons in a trunk/house anymore and they can't /give their weapons to anyone who isn't in the same faction as they are. Even if it was from a faction vehicle's trunk you wouldn't have been able to take it from a goverment faction's trunk. You probably just got lucky.

Giga

Donator
Hi there,

There is currently an existing major flaw with trunks. The use of weapons obtained from this bug may result in a punishment. If you took the weapon from a bugged trunk (a trunk that has 48 weapons), then please do make sure you get your weapon disarmed by any administrator.

I'd like to apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for taking the time to ask for advice regarding this.

Robert

Retired Admin
Hello there!

Regarding possession of faction weapons, it is indeed illegal to have them without being in the same faction, and is indeed a ban-able offense. Do you mind me asking which faction trunk you got it from? As far as I know, there is a script in place to prevent the taking of things from faction trunks. If it is indeed a faction weapon, and you got it from a faction trunk, it could possibly be a bug. Please submit a bug report if that is the case.

Hope to hear back from you soon regarding this.
Cheers.

Kebab

Donator
Giga said:
Hi there,

There is currently an existing major flaw with trunks. The use of weapons obtained from this bug may result in a punishment. If you took the weapon from a bugged trunk (a trunk that has 48 weapons), then please do make sure you get your weapon disarmed by any administrator.

I'd like to apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for taking the time to ask for advice regarding this.

It had a LOT of weapons in there, but I just grabbed the deagle, I'll contact staff when they're on.

Kebab

Donator
TempestFox said:
Hello there!

Regarding possession of faction weapons, it is indeed illegal to have them without being in the same faction, and is indeed a ban-able offense. Do you mind me asking which faction trunk you got it from? As far as I know, there is a script in place to prevent the taking of things from faction trunks. If it is indeed a faction weapon, and you got it from a faction trunk, it could possibly be a bug. Please submit a bug report if that is the case.

Hope to hear back from you soon regarding this.
Cheers.

I'm not sure what faction it was, but there were a lot of weapons (M4's, rifles, deagles) and a lot of armor at various levels of durability.

Jackson.

Donator
Hello there,

Was it a Cruiser or a Black Sentinel?

If it is neither a Cruiser nor a Black Aperture Sentinal, then it might be a bug - as Giga stated.

Cheers,
Jackson.

Kebab

Donator
Jackson. said:

Yeah, it was a black sentinel!

Just remembered, I took one bit of armor as well.

I'll turn that in to staff when they're on :)

There's no point in lying about it, I'd only get banned.

Jackson.

Donator
tickedoffvic said:
Jackson. said:

Yeah, it was a black sentinel!

Just remembered, I took one bit of armor as well.

I'll turn that in to staff when they're on :)

There's no point in lying about it, I'd only get banned.
Might be Aperture's Sentinal, you know. Thank you for having the courage to inform us, and hand the stuff to an Administrator.

Cheers,
Jackson.

Status
Not open for further replies.