What's new

How to edit screenshots using Photoshop.

Hassan

Retired Admin
How to edit screenshots using Photoshop.
1. Hold f10 then press f8 this will take a screenshot of your game.
NMPrlel.png
2.Now use the command /blindme and take a screenshot of your chat. Use /unblindme to get rid of the effect.
mHYlV6i.png
3. Open Photoshop and create a new document, make sure it's 800 x 600.
uLespZE.png
4. Now, you're going to click on the top left "file" and then go to place. You'll then want to place the original screenshot you took and scale it to fit the page to your likings. Once it's scaled to the right size, hit enter.
PB3uotW.png
5. Go back to file and press the "Open" option. Then open the screen which you took when you used /blindme.
CDUpoiq.png
6. Choose the rectangular marquee tool. Then cover the text you wish to use. In this case, we're going to take all of the chat.
e1H5Ukl.png
7. Now choose the move tool, it's just above the marquee tool. Select what the part of the chat you just selected, then drag it over to your screenshot. AKA the other page.
QaM7eRa.png
8. Select the magic wand tool, make sure that the anti-aliasing and contiguous settings are off, make sure that the tolerance is set to 10.Then you're going to select the black part of the chat and press backspace.
aCQa7Of.png

nlMwsag.png

k5BT2hG.png
9. Finally, you're going to double click on the layer, it's visible on the right side of the screen. You then have to go down to the "stroke" option and set it to 1 px. This will outline the text and make it more visible. Your screen is now ready to be saved and posted.
2cJn0bf.png

Hassan

Retired Admin
Baha said:
Isn't paint.net faster and easier?
I'm not sure never used paint.net, I use Photoshop people have asked me how I edit screens too, so I made this for people to use. There's other guides on how to edit screens which are quite complicated to understand, at least in my opinion anyway.

Baha

Gold Member
Hassann said:
Baha said:
Isn't paint.net faster and easier?
I'm not sure never used paint.net, I use Photoshop people have asked me how I edit screens too, so I made this for people to use. There's other guides on how to edit screens which are quite complicated to understand, at least in my opinion anyway.
I'm pretty sure paint.net is very simple, pretty much around 3 steps or something.
you crop out the /blindme chat, you put it on the blank picture, you use the magic wand, then use the outliner thingy, and done!

Valkyrie

Donator
Just a quick tip since I kind-of OCD over stuff on my screen.
You can also /speedo off to turn off the speedometer and open a whole new angle if you plan on using that corner in your screenshot. It's helped me a couple of times.
Furthermore, if you're taking screenshots from a far away (cinematic camera in vehicles, example), you can use a healing brush and make your character/vehicle disappear from the screenshot entirely since most of the vanilla ground has decent-sized textures which are patterned over and over again. You can also use this to clean up screen cluttering elements that can't be covered up to my knowledge. (Example: Payday checks in the upper-right.)

Hassan

Retired Admin
Va1kyrie said:
Just a quick tip since I kind-of OCD over stuff on my screen.
You can also /speedo off to turn off the speedometer and open a whole new angle if you plan on using that corner in your screenshot. It's helped me a couple of times.
Furthermore, if you're taking screenshots from a far away (cinematic camera in vehicles, example), you can use a healing brush and make your character/vehicle disappear from the screenshot entirely since most of the vanilla ground has decent-sized textures which are patterned over and over again. You can also use this to clean up screen cluttering elements that can't be covered up to my knowledge. (Example: Payday checks in the upper-right.)
I agree but most of my screens are taken when I need the speedometer plus I don’t like having most stuff togged. /tog also allows you to see everything that can be togged. The healing brush is great to get rid of certain things, like parts of the hud. Thanks for the feedback/info.