What's new

Helper system- Not yet active

Mark_Fleur

Retired Admin
Heya ladies and gentlemen,

Just posting here to let you know that I did originally say that the new helper system would be open today, plus up to two days. The issue I've just realized is that looking through my calender I've got a holiday next week, during which time I won't have any internet access. That's an issue as the new application system will be reaching the end of its first batch of helpers around then. And while I trust my helper administration team, I don't want the first batch of helpers to go through without me guiding the team along the way to ensure the best results.

Therefore the date of release for the new helper system will be between the 9th and 11th of July.

Sorry for the delay, but we want to do this once, and do it right!

-Mark

Sparky

Donator
Late is better than nothing, am I right?
It's alright, if we can wait while the server is down, I guess we can wait untill this too.

Doddsy

Retired Admin
Hm, just a question is the batch hand-picked or do we need to apply?

Jackson.

Donator
I think we apply to be a helper, right?
Just a question, are you going to remove all the helper and the helper mods and make them apply again? :detective:

Mark_Fleur

Retired Admin
All helpers and helper mods will be removed.

A select few individuals will be made temporary helpers during the transition period while the first few batches of helpers get hired. If those in the temporary positions wish to be helpers full time then they will have to apply like everyone else, if they fail to apply within 28days to be a helper they will automatically be removed from the helper team.

The majority of the server may apply to be a helper, there will be very few limitations on who can and cannot apply, but the selection process will be long and rigorous to ensure that we get only "The cream of the crop", and helpers will regularly be checked for activity even while we are using the current system.

Hopefully overall this will mean that:
a) Very few people who aren't suited to being a helper slip through our net
b) We should never feel the need for a blanket wipe of helpers ever again

Doddsy

Retired Admin
Mark_Fleur said:
All helpers and helper mods will be removed.

A select few individuals will be made temporary helpers during the transition period while the first few batches of helpers get hired. If those in the temporary positions wish to be helpers full time then they will have to apply like everyone else, if they fail to apply within 28days to be a helper they will automatically be removed from the helper team.

The majority of the server may apply to be a helper, there will be very few limitations on who can and cannot apply, but the selection process will be long and rigorous to ensure that we get only "The cream of the crop", and helpers will regularly be checked for activity even while we are using the current system.

Hopefully overall this will mean that:
a) Very few people who aren't suited to being a helper slip through our net
b) We should never feel the need for a blanket wipe of helpers ever again

Sounds like a good plan to me.