Not open for further replies.

West.

Retired Admin
Helper Application

Section 1

IG name (Main account): Jeremy_Walker
Alternate accounts: Spencer_Lynch, Jack_Abbot, Eddie_Bradshaw
Timezone (Compared to GMT, eg GMT +1 etc) GMT +2
Screen shot of /stats on your main account (You may only blur out your IP, faction and faction rank):
97036496.png
Screen shot of your adminrecord (/myadminrecord)
48619496.png
How long have you played SA:MP? Three years (?)
How long have you been RPing? Two years +.
How long have you been on the server? Since October 2010.

Section 2

Why do you want to be a helper? (Min 100words)
Well first off I would like to point out that I used to be a helper before the previous wipe. (Pretty long ago now when you think of it.)
The main reason is probably the fact that I like to help other players out and try to make them understand all the server functions correctly.
As stated; I've been playing on this server for a long time so I would say I have something to go on.
I guess another reason is that I have seen alot of people (mostly "newbies") giving out the wrong answers or expressing themselves poorly to the newbies.

Give an example of where you helped a newbie before giving full detail. (Min 50words)
I've chosen a time when I helped a newcomer that was familiar to RP.
If I remember correctly I saw him asking alot of questions in /n so I decided to PM him and offer him something like a little tour.
I met him RPly when he was asking for a ride somewhere around Montgomery. So I showed him around, we RP'd as I showed him around the server
and bits of the script he was unfamiliar with.

What do you think is the purpose of helpers? (Min 100words)
The main purpose would be to effiecently be able to answer any questions asked by people, regarding the server or the script.
Let's say someone asks a question when no helpers are available or a helper would just not able to answer this person's question, this might lead to the person getting annoyed/frustrated and decides to start fucking around etc. But being a helper in my eyes doesn't only mean helping people in the /n chat but also in any other chat where someone could possibly be asking for help.
Helpers are also needed on the forums, not only IG.

If you became a helper, how much of your time would you dedicate to "helping", both IG and on the forums?
I'm rather active both on the forums and IG so I would help people whenever I'm not Roleplaying or whenever someone has posted a new topic on the forums.

Section 3

What is metagame? (Min 50words)
Using OOC information in a IC situation.
Example: Someone says something like "I'm killing this cop on mount chilliad." in the /dooc chat. A fellow police officer hears this on the /dooc chat and decides to go up there and save him without knowing anything about this ICly. He goes there simply because he heard of it in a OOC chat.

What is powergame? (Min 50words)
Powergaming is forcing another player to do something without being able to resist.
Example: Say I walk straight up to someone with a bat in my hand and slam it towards this person's face by typing: "/me swings the bat forcefully towards Alec's face, causing him to pass out."
This would be Powergaming since I didn't in any way ask for any resistance etc. from the other player.

If a newbie asked you (Using the correct OOC method) what to do with the 4 numbers the just came up on the right hand side of their screen what would you respond? Please use your imagination and respond to any retorts you feel they may make (Retorts means follow up questions- and remember this is a brand new player) (Min 200 words)
These four digits show that you have a paycheck ready to be signed. This will happen every xx:00 of IG time assuming you have played over 31 mintues before that time.
To sign your paycheck you will have to go a townhall and sign the check by using /signcheck [number]. There are currently three townhalls spread out around San Andreas.
They are located in: Palomino Creek (Red County), Fort Carson (Bone County) and in Angel Pine (Flint county). They are marked with a floppy disc icon on the minimap.(The save icon from single player)
By signing these paychecks you will recieve XP which you will need to be able to level up or upgrade your weapon skill. You will also recieve money depending on your job and how much money you have in the bank. You will be able to get a job at level 2. Assuming you are not a donator (read more about that on the /forum) you will recieve 1 exp if you have played over 31 minutes since the last payday. 2 exp if you've played over 62 minutes. 3 exp if you've played over 91 minutes. Once you have gathered 10 exp you will be able to move to level 2, by typing /buylevel.

If someone approaches you on the street while you are RPing (Say RPing getting your car fixed with a mechanic) and asks in /b "Where can I buy a car" what would you respond? (Min 100 words)
I would PM with something like the following: There are two vehicle dealerships located in Dillimore (one for motorbikes and one for cars) and a more expensive one in Montgomery. However, to be able to purchase vehicles from the Dillimore shops you would need to be level three and from the Montgomery one level five. Luckily, you're able to buy vehicles from other players regardless of your level. You can keep an eye out for advertisements or just simply walk up to someone and fire up some RP and ask this person if he happens to be selling his vehicle. There are also vehicles put on sale with signs, you should also keep an eye on those. Don't hesistate to send me a PM or ask in /n for further help.

Describe your favourite RP experience on RCRP in full detail (Min 400 words)
This is a hard one... I would probably say the CK of my first character. This happened a long time ago so it migh be a bit blurry.
It all started with me apparently pissing someone off, I can't remember the reason though.
I was at my house which was located in Jefferson (Jefferson Avenue to be exact).
I exited the house and locked the doors as I always used to do then started walking towards my sultan as I noticed a yellow taxi with three people in it around the corner.
They all got out and one of them shouted something like: "That's him!" "Get him!". As atleast two of them had weapons I decided to start running the opposite direction, running over some other properties and alleys. They unfortunately started catching up as I was trying to write /me's whenever I climbed a fence etc. (There weren't any /ame's back then if I remember correctly.)
When one of them started catching up I was running on a low wall, looking backwards in case someone would shoot. I RPly slipped off the wall and hit my head straight in the asphalt in the alley which was below me to the left. I passed out and they surrounded me. One of them slapped me in the face repeatedly succesfully waking me up. They then proceeded to frisk me. (Can't remember if I had anything on me or not.) Then one of them shot me either in the arm or in my leg, can't really remember. They then dragged me back to the taxi and tied me up in the backseat and started driving back towards Red County. I remember that I was a bit confused since I didn't know for sure where they would take me. We eventually ended up in Montgomery outside the meat factory. They got me inside and I remember we had a chat and they possibly tortured me a bit. Then they lifted me up on one of the machines and started it up. I was then obviously pulled into the grinder by the machinery and that was when I was grinded into meatballs. The people involved were Austin_Roscoe, Tobias_Rieper I think (On some character) and some other guy whose name I can not remember. This scene occued sometime between late 2010 and early 2011 I believe, we still had the old forums and I think Rieper had it all frapsed and uploaded somewhere.

What is the best faction on the server, and why? (Min 400 words)
To be honest I have no idea what I should answer on this one... Well I guess I will say Hitmen although I don't know too much about them.
They seem very interesting, mostly because they are secretive and merely anyone would probably want to join them.
The fact that around 10(?) characters who are registered on this server are hitmen is quite interesting since there are at this moment 86,931 characters on the server.
Most people don't know much at all about the hitmen, which is adorable just because... Because it's so secretive and epic!
I mean, the Hitmen in my eyes stalk their targets, checking their targets habits and so on.
They don't just move up to someone who could happen to be this target and headshot him.
Like; once a man approached me as I left the townhall in Fort Carson. He had parked his vehicle behind mine on the other side of the street from the townhall.
He asked me if my vehicle was for sale and we discussed for a while, negotiating the price and so on. We compromised and he reached into his inner suit pocket and was going to withdraw what I though would be an envelope or something similar. Unfortunately for me he pulled out a silenced pistol and shot me point-blank in the head.
Then we have Aperture, another generally secretive faction. What are they doing? What's their purpose?
It's interesting and somehow intriguing that the general society doesn't know much about this faction, even though they have a finger in most things going on.
Then on the other hand we have quite many interesting unofficial factions too,
like "The Waqqa Crime Syndicate" for example. Outsiders don't know much about this faction and what they are doing.
What's the purpose of this faction, do they have any allies or are they hostile with anyone?
Have they disappeared or are they making money out of the shadows, who knows?
I would actually say that this faction is also rather secretive at the moment being.
I would say that there are factions for everyone on this server.
Unofficial legal and illegal factions, official legal and illegal factions.
It's hard to say nowadays what's really going on with the factions.
It looks like most people are just plain and simple (sometimes not so simple at all) civilians, doing whatever they like.
Being an illegal citizen and being involved with the so to say "wrong people"?
Being a legal citizen and staying on the right side of the law, calling the police whenever they see something fishy?
Or something between these two? Sometimes being the one doing the crime and sometimes the one reporting it to the authorities.

Section 4

Additional comments, here you should include any extra evidence of you helping newbies, or explanations for any bans you have undergone in the past. You may also add suggestions or comments about the helper team as a whole.
I don't feel like I have anything to add at the moment. Thank you for taking your time reading this.

By posting this application I hereby declare that all of the above is true to the best of my knowledge, if I have lied and this is discovered by an admin then I will be banned IG and on the forum for 7days. I understand that if I have been banned from posting applications to be a helper either for a long period of time, or just temporarily I will not post this application until my ban time has run out or risk being perma banned from applying to be a helper and may face IG punishment.

Xtreme

Donator
To the thread starter,

The helper administration team is sorry to announce that your application to be a helper has failed the first stage of the application process. The reasons for this are as stated below:

- I was very close from accepting you, but you had a few spelling mistakes and you didn't place apostrophes where required. Try applying again and pay better attention! You may reapply in 3 days.

Please do not re-apply for the next 7 days. If you fail to follow this simple rule you may be perma-banned from applying to be a helper. Better luck next time

Yours faithfully,
The Helper Administration Team

Status
Not open for further replies.