Not open for further replies.

SimonH

Retired Admin
Helper Application

Section 1

IG name (Main account): Simon Hill
Alternate accounts: Morgan Thomas, Simon Hendrix
Timezone (Compared to GMT, eg GMT +1 etc) GMT+0
Screen shot of /stats on your main account (You may only blur out your IP, faction and faction rank):
Stats.png

Screen shot of your adminrecord (/myadminrecord):
arecord.png

How long have you played SA:MP? Around 2/3 years.
How long have you been RPing? About a year and a half
How long have you been on the server? About a year

Section 2

Why do you want to be a helper? (Min 100words) I would like to become a helper to prove myself worthy and capable of the job. I enjoy playing Red County Roleplay and sometimes do not think I get the chance to show my full capabilities towards the server and help the new players to become the great role-players that they could potentially be. When I was a new player here, I was a newbie to strict roleplay. The server itself helped me to develop my roleplaying skills, however I feel that whenever I asked a question on /n, I would not always be provided with the right answer. I feel that I can help players out and ultimately would like to be a part of this new system. I would take my role seriously and when on helper duty, I would help as many people as I possibly could. I feel that if I am selected for the helper team, you would not be disappointed with your decision. (158 words)

Give an example of where you helped a newbie before giving full detail. (Min 50words) On numerous occasions where /n did not prove worthy, I have had newbie's PM me asking for assistance. First, I answer their questions and then dependant on their relationship with RP, will go and help them further. Only the other day, I had a newbie PM me asking me questions whereby I took it upon myself to respond in a mature manner. After this, they were confused about just some of the aspects of RCRP, so I met up with them OOCly and took them for a tour of the server and showed them the commands that would be relevant to them. I would like to welcome this sort of activity into my daily RCRP gameplay and feel that by becoming a part of the helper team, I will be able to achieve this. I also welcome PM's for help all of the time. (118 words)

What do you think is the purpose of helpers? (Min 100words) Helpers are here to assist the new players to Red County Roleplay. They are here to make the server an easy place for new, intermediate and advanced roleplayer's. Helpers should be there to welcome new players and to teach them the 'ins' and the 'outs' of RCRP. Helpers are there to assist admins with their requests as well whilst releasing the admin stress of 'helping' the new ones. The helper is not meant to be a sign of any advantage above other players. A helper is someone whom you can trust and rely on being there to help your RP advance into the server. (102 words)

If you became a helper, how much of your time would you dedicate to "helping", both IG and on the forums? I would dedicate most of my time to helping. I would like to prove myself worthy of the job, however I would also spend time roleplaying as that is also important. I would always welcome requests whenever I received them however. So, in a percentage... probably about 75% of my time helping IG. On the forums I would always help where I could see fit.

Section 3

What is metagame? (Min 50words) Metagaming is using OOC knowledge ICly. So, for example... if I walked up to 'Barney_Boris' and said 'Hey Barney!' when i'd never met him before ICly, it would be metagaming. Metagaming is an offence under RP terms and if it is committed then a punishment could be issued for that. (52 words)

What is powergame? (Min 50words) Powergaming is forcing actions into the RP. For example, if I was being attacked by someone, I could not say /me jumps up into the air and smacks ATTACKERS_NAME right in the face, causing them to drop on the ground and die. This would not give the attacker a chance to respond, thus forcing the action upon them and causing powergame. (61 words)

If a newbie asked you (Using the correct OOC method) what to do with the 4 numbers the just came up on the right hand side of their screen what would you respond? Please use your imagination and respond to any retorts you feel they may make (Retorts means follow up questions- and remember this is a brand new player) (Min 200 words) I would mention that the number on the side of the screen is their 'payslip' number. Your payslip is issued every server hour (providing you have played long enough). The higher amount of minutes you have played since your last payslip can determine the amount of benefits you receive. For example, if you have played 31+ minutes, you will gain 1XP point at payday. If you have played 61+ minutes, you will gain 2XP points at payday. If you have played 91+ minutes, you will gain 3XP points at payday. Your payslip will also give you some money (providing you are not in an illegal faction). As previously mentioned, you get XP points to 'level up' your character. To see how many XP you need before you can progress, you can check /buylevel. I would then advise the player on payday rushing. I would tell them that here in Red County Roleplay, we have a rule not to 'payday rush'. Payday rush is a term used which means running/jogging in or around any of the town halls at payday. In short, only walk when getting your payslip. You can walk by either using a scripted /walk or you can hold down your ALT key (by default)

Finally, I would advise them that to collect your payday, you will need to visit any of the three town halls. They are located in Palomino Creek, Fort Carson and Angel Pine. The icon shows as the default 'save' icon in San Andreas. If you still can't find it, you can call a taxi with /call 444 and they can take you there RPly. I would round the assistance request off by mentioning If they have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask me or another helper on duty. (276 words)

If someone approaches you on the street while you are RPing (Say RPing getting your car fixed with a mechanic) and asks in /b "Where can I buy a car" what would you respond? (Min 100 words) I would respond to the request via PM to avoid everyone elses gameplay to be interrupted. I would tell the player in need of assistance that there are multiple ways of buying a vehicle. I would tell them that usually to get a vehicle cheaper, you would need to buy it second hand. You can do this by either heading to the news corporation in Montgomery or the news stand in Fort Carson and place an advert. I would advise them that they do not need to be a specific level to do this. I would then tell them that the best way to get to either of these places is to call a taxi via /call 444 and ask to be dropped off there ((to avoid MGing of the exact location)). Afterwards, I would tell them that if they wished to purchase a new car, they can either travel to the motor shop in Dillimore and purchase stock from there (which requires you to be level 3+) or they can purchase a vehicle from the 'Executive Motor's' dealership in Montgomery, (however you need to be level 5+ to purchase a vehicle from there and they are more expensive). I would also advise them that on an irregular basis, there are cars for sale in Palomino Creek garage. They are 'used' and they are roughly half the price of the new vehicles. I'd then tell them that if they needed any further help not to be afraid to ask. (249 words)

Describe your favourite RP experience on RCRP in full detail (Min 400 words) As an avid RCRP'er, I have had most of my RP in the RCPD. Due to the amount of RP scenarios that I have been in and enjoyed, it's hard to single one out. However, one aspect of the PD's roleplay did make the cut for me as my favourite which was my detective training. The training was intense and throughout the night, it was filled with examinations and highly intensive observations from the group leaders. I had been in the PD for around 4 months at this time and decided that I should try my luck with the 'detective' roll, so I put in a fairly rubbish application (not actually knowing that applications were open at the time) to Skypo Feller. Skypo suprizingly accepted my application which is where the RP began.

After being accepted primarily, it came to my training. So, on the date and time agreed, I met Skypo and some of his high commanding members of the Dillimore Sheriff's Department in the DPD. To begin, he took me out in the undercover Sultan and explained to me the ethic of the unit. I was intrigued to hear this information and was drawn into the department immediately. After he had explained the ethic of the division, he took me down to Los Santos Airport, where Daniel Moritz teleported to help with my training. The training included advanced driving techniques such as further PIT maneuvers and driving code 2 to scenarios. The experience itself, however internal the roleplay was, had to be noted as one of my favourite due to the great attitude and atmosphere that was put into it. After the training, we travelled back to the Dillimore Sheriff's Department. When we arrived, I was taken into Skypo's office and awarded the position. I was over the moon.

A few days later, I was responding to my first call as a detective where a car had skidded off the road and caused some severe casualty. On arrival to the MVA, I pulled my car to the middle of the road and blocked off the scene to the oncoming traffic with small roadblocks, which I keep in the trunk of my vehicle at all times. The first point of call was to examine the scene, so I took a long and hard look into the road's texture and the tyre marks that were present. After noticing the shape of which the tyre marks were formed, I took out my camera and notepad make some notes and gather evidence on the scenario at hand.

I proceeded to follow the ambulance that arrived to the Fort Carson Medical Center and questioned the driver on what had happened. All in all, the accident was revealed to be a simple mistake by the driver and no traffic violations or illegal causes were broken. Therefore the suspect was released without charge.
(474 words)
What is the best faction on the server, and why? (Min 400 words)
In my personal opinion, I believe that the best faction on the server is the Red County Police Department.

Many people criticise the Red County Police Department for a number of reasons they believe are true such as: "The RCPD are trigger happy", "They are useless", "They are all metagaming faggots" etc. However, the majority of these in my opinion is not true. The RCPD has been a fantastic faction for me to work in, due to the fact it mirrors exactly what I want to do with my real life. In real life, I am currently in the police, serving as a volunteer and until you actually become a part of the RCPD, you would not have a clue how much it mirrors real scenarios. It's true, some of the aspects of the RCPD are not totally realistic (to my force in specific) however, it is good practise and gives good discipline to whoever is lucky enough to get into this faction.

Learning the 10 codes was always going to be a challenge to me and still is, which is why I have a sheet of them readily avalible if I need them. However, when questioning my local police officer on the 10 codes (just for a laugh) it's actually pretty realistic. He could tell me exactly what most of them meant and when they are used. Which, in turn is what we use them for in the RCPD.

The RCPD is a strange kind of faction to the degree that people can't really respect how much work needs to go into your roleplay to be successful. I for one did not realise the entire teamspeak is used for IC communication. However, this is a brilliant thing as it also enhances your communicational skills which are equally important in game as in real life.

So, the RCPD helps you to build your character in game and also to flex your skills in real life. Although, this isn't the only reason I chose it as my favourite faction in Red County Roleplay. The roleplay that you can gain from the PD is fantastic. Hardly ever do you have nothing to do. The force is always bursting with action and roleplay for you to engage in and when a situation goes down, you can turn an hour of playing time into 5 hours of playing time without even noticing it.

So, in summary... RCPD is my favoure faction for the following reasons:
** The RP is fantastic.
** It is realistic right to the core.
** It develops on your RP and RL skills.
(423 words)

Section 4

Additional comments, here you should include any extra evidence of you helping newbies, or explanations for any bans you have undergone in the past. You may also add suggestions or comments about the helper team as a whole. If I get this oppertunity I will not let you down. I have been a helper mod in the past and actually took my role seriously. I helped many players out, as previously mentioned and really wish that I can continue to do this in an official capacity on the server.

By posting this application I hereby declare that all of the above is true to the best of my knowledge, if I have lied and this is discovered by an admin then I will be banned IG and on the forum for 7days. I understand that if I have been banned from posting applications to be a helper either for a long period of time, or just temporarily I will not post this application until my ban time has run out or risk being perma banned from applying to be a helper and may face IG punishment.

Xtreme

Donator
To the thread starter,

The helper administration team is sorry to announce that your application to be a helper has failed the first stage of the application process. The reasons for this are as stated below:

- A few spelling mistakes towards the middle and end of the application.
- A small amount of grammatical errors here and there.

Please do not re-apply for the next 7 days. If you fail to follow this simple rule you may be perma-banned from applying to be a helper. Better luck next time

Yours faithfully,
The Helper Administration Team

Status
Not open for further replies.