Not open for further replies.

Jambo

Donator
Helper Application

Section 1

IG name (Main account): Matt Daniels
Alternate accounts: Pedro Alvaro, Leon Jones
Timezone (Compared to GMT, eg GMT +1 etc) GMT +0
Screen shot of /stats on your main account (You may only blur out your IP, faction and faction rank):
nyeeyf.png
Screen shot of your adminrecord (/myadminrecord)
x0pmw5.png
How long have you played SA:MP? About 4 years now.
How long have you been RPing? 3 years.
How long have you been on the server? 2 years.

Section 2

Why do you want to be a helper? (Min 100words) I want to become a helper because I want to help the community OOCly and ICly. I was a helper mod about a year ago, and I responded to nearly every question when I was in the game. I also think that if you can achieve your goals as a helper, you will be greatly rewarded with respect and proudness. I remember a guy called Steve Hudson, who helped me in /n and actually drove to a spawn point when I first joined - all just to help me get to know the server and without him I would have probably just quit and move to a different server. But thanks to him I get to know many people and now I think I want a chance to help the community again and be as good as Steve when he helped me. Without /n for newbies to ask questions, there would be no good roleplayers. The server would just be so confusing for new-comers to roleplay, so that's why I want to have a chance of being in the helper team again and help the newbies of RC-RP.

Give an example of where you helped a newbie before giving full detail. (Min 50words) I was riding my car on day when I saw a newbie in /n asking for help. So I PM'd him and asked what he wanted. He said to me that he wanted to find out what RC-RP was about. So I offered to give him a tour of BC and RC. I drove all around FC and Nearly all the populated areas on RC-RP, telling him all the important things you need to start a virtual life. At the end I gave him my Sanchez, and 40,000 dollars in cash... Unfortunately I never saw him again.

What do you think is the purpose of helpers? (Min 100words) I think the purpose of helpers is just a helping hand of when newbies need it... Sometimes we won't be there but helpers make sure that they can answer vital information and questions that mostly everyone has to ask. It's a helpers duty to go and like get the newbies to feel that they are not alone and just make them feel in a comfortable enviroment for roleplay. They help the newbies fit into the whole idea of RC-RP and I think that's a really good thing that they are there. The helpers also must be capable of answering questions that normal players can't answer such as how and where to get a license. Or how to get more money etc.
That's what I think helpers are meant to be there for.

If you became a helper, how much of your time would you dedicate to "helping", both IG and on the forums? When I was a helper mod before I was in the Red County Fire Department or San Andreas Emergency Services(old name) I used to put a lot of effort into answering questions as most of the time we had no calls to respond to, so that filled in the space of waiting. And also when I'm bored I go onto the forums and go onto the help section where I answer some topics with 0 posts in them. I would usually put in about all of my game time into answering questions, to be honest.

Section 3

What is metagame? (Min 50words) Metagaming is a roleplay term used in many servers including RCRP. It consists of using IC information, and spreading it out using an OOC chat. Or it's basically the other way around, using OOC information and spreading it out using an IC chat. Which ever way, you can still get a minimum punishment of an Admin Jail.

What is powergame? (Min 50words) Powergaming is someone attempting superhuman powers over another person without giving them a single chance to react with what the superhuman is doing ( I.E: Superman swirves a kick over another man's head, making them decapitated. ) As you can see, the man that got decapitated didn't get a chance to react. And that kick was karate like so.

If a newbie asked you (Using the correct OOC method) what to do with the 4 numbers the just came up on the right hand side of their screen what would you respond? Please use your imagination and respond to any retorts you feel they may make (Retorts means follow up questions- and remember this is a brand new player) (Min 200 words)
Hello and welcome to RC-RP. If you are wondering what those 4 numbers are on the top of your screen, then they are Paycheck numbers. You collect your paycheck on your payday. You get a certain amount of cash, depending on what job you have ICly. It's okay if you don't have a job, you still get unemployment benefits. If you want to collect your payday, you need to go to an available townhall. There are currently 3 scripted townhalls in RC-RP. There's one in Angel Pine, Fort Carson, and Palomino Creek. If you want to get to one of them, you can check your mini map for any clues or icons that shows you a townhall(mostly a floppy disk icon). Or you can simply ask someone In Character and maybe they could give you a ride to the nearest townhall. You collect a paycheck at the top of every hour in-game.(XX:00 hours) If you're still confused, you can go on the forums on RC-RP and look for "Beginner Guides" or anything that might catch your eye.

If someone approaches you on the street while you are RPing (Say RPing getting your car fixed with a mechanic) and asks in /b "Where can I buy a car" what would you respond? (Min 100 words) I would respond by saying to them to ask In-Character if they wanted to...I would then say: If you are wondering on where to buy a car, go to a local car dealership. The most popular one is in Dillimore. You can find it on your minimap as there will be a "Car" icon in Dillimore. There are also 2 others in Red County...Montgomery Car Dealership and The Bike Shed also in Dillimore. Unfortunately you have to be level 3+ in the Bike Shed and the Car Dealership in Dillimore. And you need to be level 5+ for the Montgomery Car dealership. But there is a huge upside to it, you can go to a local advertisment corporation and advertise that you're looking for a vehicle of your choice. And maybe then someone can sell a vehicle to you without having to go to a dealership, and you can be level 1 to buy a car off someone else.

Describe your favourite RP experience on RCRP in full detail (Min 400 words) My favourite RC-RP experience will have to be when I was in The Corn Hauling Cunts. I was in that gang for more than a year and I was very proud to be in it as it has been the most fun that I've had in RC-RP yet. My most favourite experience in it was when we were going to attack another gang when suddenly Aperute, FBI, and the PD came out of nowhere and started shooting at us. Back then CHC was the most wanted gang in RC-RP. Believe it or not but that is what the PD chief Kenshi Hiroku said to us personally! Haha... Well getting back to the story now, all of us took cover under tractors, inside houses and some of us even hid in bushes! This is when all the fun started. We started opening fire upon all of the enforcements then attacked us the very day. I can't quite remember who exactly won, but I think it was Aperture, the PD and FBI. To be fair, we were out numbered by a long shot, but we did squash a few bugs on the way. My second most favourite experience was when I was also in The Corn Hauling Cunts again, and I have to say it was quite wild. We had Daniel Moritz in our gang for a long time and unluckily, he was ICly blind. So we thought it would be a good idea to have him drive a big truck with the rest of The Corn Hauling Cunts on the back of the truck, waving their arms around and pissing on the road whilst Daniel drived. And we did do it, with all the PD in cruisers chasing after us! The funniest part was when we -did- pull over, the cops got out of their cars and as soon as they done that...Daniel pushed it on drive and drove through the cars that were infront of him. It was a massive riot. Then we finally stopped at the Welcome pump and all went and hid until the PD arrived. When they arrived, we started shooting on them. I think one of us got shot because of Daniel's terrible aiming accuracy. Due to the massive riot that we had created, the PD called in Water Tanks and that's when they got to us. Most of us got killed and arrested because the Tanks could pin us down to the ground and we were basically slaves to them when we did get pinned to the ground.

What is the best faction on the server, and why? (Min 400 words) I think that the best faction in the server is the Red County Fire Department. Although there was good times with the Corn Hauling Cunts, I see that without a fire department, most of RC-RP and its roleplay would be a bit of a failure. Without a fire department, some of the rules would not be vital in roleplay such as roleplaying injuries, or being in pain whilst in a fire, and suicidal jumps etc. And every day in the Fire Department, we get calls of such things over and over again. So we do play a vital role in the server and beyond. The RCPD and other law enforcement agencies sometimes rely on us to take control of the traffic and re-direct other traffic to other routes so they can get easily get to their destination.
The Red County Fire Department has been around since the start of Red County Roleplay and it has not been removed every since. Although there have been some ups and downs in it, somehow we have came to work out that no one is that we should treat people the same in terms of life. If I were you I would join the Red County Fire Department and see for yourself on what it takes to be a full on duty medic and firefighter. We need to know every medicine, technique and procedure for going to a call either a fire call or a medical call. Yes we do use in real life treatments, so if you're in an emergency of your own in real life, you'll be able to handle it and know what to do. You would just do basic procedures first then you would call an ambulance. Hopefully a medic would congratulate you for what you put into the work before they got there.
In the fire department you get treated gratefully and you earn your respect. You do not just get given it, you earn it. We aren't just like The Red County Police Department or any other faction. We have individuality, and that's what makes us so unique and special compared to other factions or especially gangs. I have been in the Red County Fire Department 4 times, and I have to say those 4 times I was in it were some of the best times I had in Red County Roleplay. Although I am in it now, I want to build my way up to a leader. Red County Fire Department also gives you pride and confidence in what you do in your life. If you join you wouldn't be so much afraid of what you do now. I have made loads of mistakes and have felt embarrassed about in The Red County Fire Department, but through those times I have become to feel stronger and less weaker. I don't care if I make mistakes anymore. I know the next time I do that I will make it happen right. They are -just- mistaked. It's not the end of the world. That's why The Red County Fire Department has to be the best faction in Red County Roleplay. Thank you for taking time to read this long application.

Section 4

Additional comments, here you should include any extra evidence of you helping newbies, or explanations for any bans you have undergone in the past. You may also add suggestions or comments about the helper team as a whole. Those 2 permanent bans were a huge mistake. The 1st permanent ban was when I was water evading ages ago. It was just meant to be a temporary ban. The 2nd permanent ban was when I had a same skin on as a DMer. We were both in the same area when suddenly TJ Rakey banned me. I had no idea what happened so I got unbanned.

By posting this application I hereby declare that all of the above is true to the best of my knowledge, if I have lied and this is discovered by an admin then I will be banned IG and on the forum for 7days. I understand that if I have been banned from posting applications to be a helper either for a long period of time, or just temporarily I will not post this application until my ban time has run out or risk being perma banned from applying to be a helper and may face IG punishment.

Xtreme

Donator
To the thread starter,

The helper administration team is sorry to announce that your application to be a helper has failed the first stage of the application process. The reasons for this are as stated below:

- A few grammatical errors here and there, on a brighter note, you had very few spelling mistakes (or what Mark would call "fast typing errors"). Try applying next time and do not rush your application.

Please do not re-apply for the next 7 days. If you fail to follow this simple rule you may be perma-banned from applying to be a helper. Better luck next time

Yours faithfully,
The Helper Administration Team

Status
Not open for further replies.