What's new

[Helper Application] Kandy Lopez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brushes

Silver Member
Section 1

IG name (Main account): Kandy Lopez (SADVLA, R4)
Alternate accounts: Andre Lawson (SAN News, R2), Shawn Dwayne (No faction).
Timezone (Compared to GMT, eg GMT +1 etc) GMT+2 or GMT+3, can't remember (Israel)
Screen shot of /stats on your main account (You may only blur out your faction and faction rank):
phpxOIgci.png

Screen shot of your adminrecord (/myadminrecord)
phpxOIgci.png

How long have you played SA:MP? About 4 years.
How long have you been RPing? About 3 years.
How long have you been on the server? Since February 2012.

Section 2

Why do you want to be a helper? (Min 100words) There are serval reasons why I would like to join the Helper Team.
The first one, and the main reason, is because I saw many new players (newbies) that ask questions over the /n chat, and there are no people who can answer them. It happened to me a few times while playing. A new player asks a question, there are about 10 helpers online, but no one answer him. So I just PM him the answer to his question.
The second reason why I would like to join, is because I want to give back from myself to the community. I was playing here for about half a year, and all the players were nice to me, answering my questions fast, never leaving me without an answer, and I fell that I can ask anyone any question I want, and I will have a question.
I want the new players to the server will have the same feeling. I don't want they will feel like "Why don't they answer me?" "How to do this?" "Is X allowed?", I want they will have answer for all their questions, like I had.

Give an example of where you helped a newbie before giving full detail. (Min 50words)
A few days ago, there was a new player that joined the server, and he asked the helper team so many questions, that he didn't even let them roleplay.
So I decided to take this to my hands. I was talking with him over PMs and answered all his questions.
He asked me about donating. How much he should donate, in order to have level 3 donator?
I told him that he needs to donate 21 to 29 GBP, and the cash will go to improve the server, keep it up, and have the feeling of "Hey, I donated to the server!".

What do you think is the purpose of helpers? (Min 100words)
In my opinion, the purpose of helpers is to help the new players in the server, and answer all their questions.
I really think that being helper is important, because there are about 50 new players everyday, maybe less, maybe more. Those people doesn't know the commands of the server, and totally nothing about the server!
As they enter in their first time to the server, they see the dialog about "Newbie Chat" in the tutorial.
If there were no helpers in the game, there was no law. Helpers make the game more happy, when they answer 24/7 to the people's questions.
They make the game more alive.

If you became a helper, how much of your time would you dedicate to "helping", both IG and on the forums?
I guess everytime that possible.
I can both roleplay, and answer people's question in /n, since I know how to work in stress.
I would like to spend about 80% of my playing time to answer people in /n.

Section 3

What is metagame? (Min 50words)
Metagaming is when you are using details that you got OOCly(In real life), and using them In Character.
Think about it. If you're talking with your friend over the phone (in real life), and he says "Oh no, I need backup in Palomino Creek! Someone wants to kill me!", how does your character knows about the backup? You got the information via OOC matter.
There is a huge difference between OOC and IC.
OOC and IC are two different worlds.

What is powergame? (Min 50words)
Powergaming is when you are using unrealistic force.
Powergaming can also be when you are forcing someone to do something, without letting him resistence / do something.
For example:
Someone is being arrested. Police comes, and when they see the suspect, they just /cuff him without any /me or /do.
It's powergaming, since the suspect can resistence to the cuff, by running or moving his both hands.
Another example for powergaming is:
/me kicks the soda bottle from Los Santos Airport to Liberty City.
This is unrealistic since no one can kick something to another country.

If a newbie asked you (Using the correct OOC method) what to do with the 4 numbers the just came up on the right hand side of their screen what would you respond? Please use your imagination and respond to any retorts you feel they may make (Retorts means follow up questions- and remember this is a brand new player) (Min 200 words)
If a new player will ask me that question, I will write the following things:
"Hello. First, the 4 numbers under your money bar is your check number. That means that payday has arrived, and you can go to a townhall, sign your check, and collect your money.
There are town halls in Fort Carson, Palomino Creek and Angel Pine.
You need to go to the town hall, but don't just park your car and run into the building, since it calls "Payday Rush".
You have to walk from the parking to the entrance, and enter the town hall. Once you enter, you need to walk forward until you see a "$" icon near any desk, walk to it, and write /signcheck [Number]. The number is the number you have under your money bar.
Once you signed your check, you can see in /stats that you have 1 EXP point, or even 2.
If you want to know when is the nearest payday coming, simply buy a watch in any general store (Red $ icon on the map), and buy it there. Then, use /showtime, and you'll see the time above your HP bar.
Make sure that if you want to obtain the payday, you need to have "Current session(Since last payday):" Atleast 31 minutes to get 1 EXP point, 61 minutes to get 2 EXP points, and 91 minutes to get 3 exp points."
That would be my answer^.

If someone approaches you on the street while you are RPing (Say RPing getting your car fixed with a mechanic) and asks in /b "Where can I buy a car" what would you respond? (Min 100 words)
First, I will check what level he is. If he is a level 1, I will tell him that next time he wants to ask a question related to IC matter, he needs to ask it in an IC way.
But, because he's level 1, I will give him the answer. I will say that there is a Bike dealership in Dillimore, car dealership in Dillimore too, and sport cars dealership in Montgomery.
If a level 3+ asks me the question, I will tell him to ask the question by any IC way, to prevent metagaming.
If the level 1 will ask me another question related to IC, I will tell him to ask me ICly and prevent metagaming.

Describe your favourite RP experience on RCRP in full detail (Min 400 words)
I had many sences of roleplay that took a few hours to finish.
But I have a favourite one that I would like to talk about.
About a month ago, Elite Trucking was making a fuel delivery to Montgomery. When the driver entered Montgomery, there was a stupid driver who crashed into the truck, and made the trailer to explode. A few minutes later, the whole city was on fire.
Police officers came, Fire Department members came, trying to stop the fire, but with no success.
The city was blocked, and my friend and I tried to get in there, and check what's going on.
We were on foot, and then we saw an officer coming, telling us to get out of the place, or we will die due to the whole fire.
We decided to go out, and then get in again, to see what she gonna do.
Then she got us, and gave us the last warning, or we will get jailed.
We decided to get in, for the last time, but now with offroad vehicles. Before we entered, she saw us, and started to chase us with her bike. We went offroad, and the officer was still chasing us. We were like "Oh well, all the officers are in the fire, trying to stop it, so she will not call to backup".
She called for backup, and then my friend and I escaped into Los Santos.
We were hiding for about half a hour, but we realized that she made an ambush on us. We were escaping again, and there were about 5 police cruisers after us, trying to make us stop, but we never stopped.
Finally, we went into San Fierro, with our vehicles almost dead, and decided to hide in the house I used to own there.

What is the best faction on the server, and why? (Min 400 words)
In my opinion, the best faction in the server is absolutely the Red County Police Department, and Bone County Sheriff Department.
There are serval reasons of why it's the best faction in the server, for me.
One of the reasons, is they work perfect. About a month ago, in the chase that I wrote above, they never bitched on /b "Why didn't you RP this", "you would be dead in real life", etc. They were very quiet, didn't say anything. And that happens in every chase. I've seen many videos of our police department in action, and at the whole situation, they didn't write anything in /b, even not once.
The second reason is that they work for a very low paycheck. I have some friends in RCPD, and they told me that they are in the faction just for the action, arresting bad people, etc. They get about 500$ in each paycheck, althought they risk their own life ICly, they keep doing they job very well.
The third reason is they are trained, absolutely good RPers, never doing worng /me or /do commands, etc.
They also have S.W.A.T team, which is very hard to get in, and getting in the best RP situation ingame, RPing all the injures(at the most times).
Also, they are working 24/7. They don't doing anything social. They don't do any birthday parties, going to church for their own reasons.
They keep defending Red County and Bone County from heavy criminals, even of the criminals are highly armed. The police will risk their life to save our character's life.
In addition, they have patience. Once you call them for emergency, they will not say "Oh well, we will do our best, blabla" and leave the place. They will stay in the sence, they will ask for the whole information about the suspect you are calling, they will not leave you until they are sure they know who's the criminal and with who they are dealing. They will never keep you behind. If you are in a shootout, they will not be like "Oh well, it's not belongs to us. Let's go.". They will enter the sence of the shootout, and try to rescue the hostages, and again, they will do their best.
Honestly, I don't really think there are more factions that are better than Police/Sheriff department. They are the best. In my opinion, of course.

Section 4

Additional comments, here you should include any extra evidence of you helping newbies, or explanations for any bans you have undergone in the past. You may also add suggestions or comments about the helper team as a whole.

By posting this application I hereby declare that all of the above is true to the best of my knowledge, if I have lied and this is discovered by an admin then I will be banned IG and on the forum for 7days. I understand that if I have been banned from posting applications to be a helper either for a long period of time, or just temporarily I will not post this application until my ban time has run out or risk being perma banned from applying to be a helper and may face IG punishment.

TommyB

Owner
To the thread starter,

The helper administration team is sorry to announce that your application to be a helper has failed the first stage of the application process. The reasons for this are as stated below:

-I have seen you act immature and quite frankly like an asshole in /n quite a few times.
-Also, pestering me, spamming /dooc and God knows what else you did to try and get my attention and asking me to "ACCEPT MY APPLICATION PLZZZ" didn't help.

Please do not re-apply for the next 7 days. If you fail to follow this simple rule you may be perma-banned from applying to be a helper. Better luck next time

Yours faithfully,
The Helper Administration Team

Status
Not open for further replies.