Not open for further replies.

d@$tmo

Bronze Member
Helper Application

Section 1

IG name (Main account): Johny_Tylers
Alternate accounts: Wayne_Tylers, Jerry_Kane
Timezone (Compared to GMT, eg GMT +1 etc): GMT+2/+3 (depending on DST) / EET
Screen shot of /stats on your main account (You may only blur out your faction and faction rank):
sa-mp-071.png
Screen shot of your adminrecord (/myadminrecord)
sa-mp-072.png
How long have you played SA:MP?
I don't know... about 2-3 years? I started back in 0.2.x
How long have you been RPing?
Ever since I started.
How long have you been on the server?
August 2010, but I had to come and go for long periods, due to school. I graduated now, so I am back and won't have long pauses, most likely.

Section 2

Why do you want to be a helper? (Min 100words)
Well, you see, I have often found myself answering questions that the Helpers were not sure about or just didn't answer. I believe that new players should receive a more detailed guiding than what some of the current helpers provide, so even without being a Helper, I always keep my /n on and I answer all questions that don't get an answer. Usually, I am forced to do it through PMs, since I can't use /n due to my level, but that was not the point. The point is - I am doing it already, just unofficially. I thought "Why not make it official?" And that makes 109 words.

Give an example of where you helped a newbie before giving full detail. (Min 50words)
I am not sure if I can give full detail, since I help newbies all the time. I remember cases such as seeing a newbie, trying to tow a car and I PM'd him to use /tow, so he succeeded and thanked me. Also I have given a lot of directions to certain places. Right now I remember a case when a newbie asked why does he get that much money on payday (2000+) and I figured out that he means the paycheck number, so I explained him that this is the number he has to enter when signing the check, that he will be given a detailed information of all the money given and taxes taken, etc, etc. I have answered too many general and detailed question to point out a situation and explain it in details, really.

What do you think is the purpose of helpers? (Min 100words)
A Helper is supposed to help newbies get the hang of the script and the server. Their purpose is to guide the new players through their first hours of gameplay, so they can keep playing and keep the interest to the server alive. I, personally, hate when I end up in a game or server where things are too damn complex to comprehend without help and there is no one who can actually help me. When I find such game/server, I usually play it once, not more than five minutes. And this is where the helpers come in. They are supposed to make the new players understand how the server works, so they can still have an interest in it after an hour, a day, an year. They are like a welcoming party that shows the ropes for the ones who need it.

If you became a helper, how much of your time would you dedicate to "helping", both IG and on the forums?
While I am IG, I will help in /n, while I am on forums, I will help on forums, simple as that. I usually hang in-game like 3-4 hours a day at least (in the days when I can play, that is, since we all have real life to worry about as well). And I am nearly constantly on forums, I just refresh my browser tab every 30-60 mins when I am not actively browsing.

Section 3

What is metagame? (Min 50words)
Metagaming is a case when one uses information, that they obtained OOC in an IC situation. This includes secret (or not secret, just unknown to the character) locations, seen on forums, names known after reading the name tag IG, going to someone ICly, after they told you where they are via an OOC communication method, etc, etc.

What is powergame? (Min 50words)
Powergaming is forcing actions towards another player and/or the environment, when it is clear that the said powergaming character can't do such an action (or can't do it without resistance at least). Examples being:
/me kills Mr. X before he could twitch.
/me rips off a tree with his bare hands and blocks the road with it.
/me is Superman and flies away.
/me is a general asshole, wants to win everything and is going to PG the shit outta you.
That kinda stuff... :)

If a newbie asked you (Using the correct OOC method) what to do with the 4 numbers the just came up on the right hand side of their screen what would you respond? Please use your imagination and respond to any retorts you feel they may make (Retorts means follow up questions- and remember this is a brand new player) (Min 200 words)
The numbers are your paycheck number. You need to go to a town hall, stand on the information icon and use the command "/signcheck XXXX" (without the quotes). In the example XXXX are the numbers that you see on your right, so if the numbers are 1234, you will use the command as follows:
/signcheck 1234
Town halls can be found in Palomino Creek, Fort Carson and Angel Pine. The one in Palomino can be found by looking for the diskette icon on your minimap. You can also ask for detailed directions IC. Remember not to Payday Rush. Payday Rushing is when you sprint towards the town hall to get your paycheck faster. It is a kickable offence and if you are kicked, you will lose your unsigned payday. Jogging is not encouraged, but it is acceptable, though not by all admins. My advice - just walk towards it both before and after you get your paycheck.
And last, but not least, the paycheck is at every full hour server time (xx:00) and expires 30 minutes later (xx:30 server time).

If someone approaches you on the street while you are RPing (Say RPing getting your car fixed with a mechanic) and asks in /b "Where can I buy a car" what would you respond? (Min 100 words)
Honestly, it heavily depends on the situation. But usually I would respond, not in /b, but in /pm, so I can keep my RP companion's screen clean of OOC chatter while RPing. I wouldn't go and show where to buy a car, but I would do something like:
/pm XX You can buy a cheap car in Dilli, a bike in Dilli and an expensive car in Monty. Ask for further directions IC or in /n.

Describe your favourite RP experience on RCRP in full detail (Min 400 words)
My favorite RP experience is when I used to patrol with Yass while I was a student in RCSD in the autumn and Joe_Peircen. I always had nice IC and OOC chats with both of them. I also learned a lot about RPing a cop from these guys. I had so many fun patrols and situations in the RCSD, that I really can't point out one to give in full detail. Also, they were long time ago, so they are all just a big blur of patrolling, but I remember the fact that they were fun and this is all that matters. For me, good RP always comes from people who are fun OOC as well. The OOC chatter in TS while we were not busy with situations was priceless. So much laughs and good times that I really can't recall the details behind any of them, but I retain the good feeling of those times. And, honestly, I rarely try to remember RPs in detail, I just make sure that I remember that I had fun and the guys that were involved, so I can try to get some more RP with them in the future. This is all that matters - to have fun and relax. After all, it's a game, meant for relaxation after a long day.
I also had a lot of fun, when I was trying to run a business with buying and reselling used vehicles. Some buyers/sellers turned out to be very nice guys, who were willing to RP the whole process, with the paper work and all that jazz and not the quick "/sell and run" type of deal. But, really, I can't remember a whole situation, except maybe for the time when some gang was holding hostages in the Palomino bank. We had to deal with them carefully, so they don't slaughter the hostages. I was a student in the RCSD, we had the FBI involved, helicopters, cruisers... pretty much all online LEOs were swarming the outside of the bank and my dog was barking the whole time. Thing is, I had my TS on voice activation then and I realized that people were complaining of my dog for nearly an hour when it was all over. I will never forget the rage (which was completely understandable :lol: ) after I apologized for not realizing it was my dog.
I also recall a car chase that ended in a foot chase with a helicopter, following me and Yass, while we were taking the suspect down. Once we arrested him, Yass said something like "Sierra, next time point the light at the suspect, not at the cops chasing him". So much laughs! :lol:

What is the best faction on the server, and why? (Min 400 words)
The best faction is the civillian faction. People often underestimate the everyday RP, which could get you into trouble with gangs or the cops without you trying to get into any trouble at all. Yes, many times it's boring to just cruise around, trying to get yourself involved in some RP, but this is why we all have alts, right? The civillian can provide some calm, relaxing RP for those people, who are tired of constant shootouts, chases, arrests, races, drug deals, scams, robberies and what not. If one of my characters joins a faction, I always make sure that I have an alt that is not in any faction. And this is the reason why I created Jerry_Kane when I was in the RCSD, just to have some alternative everyday RP. Since I am applying for BCSD right now and Jerry ended up as a car jacker somehow, I created Wayne as well - Johny's little brother, who aims to work as a freelance journalist, who isn't in any faction. Honestly, all factions can be a lot of fun, LEOs, criminals or just legal factions that work to make money for themselves, but if everyone is in a faction, then how will legal factions get customers, how will gangs have someone to harass and how will LEOs have someone to protect? The civillian faction is the running force of every RP server, I believe and this is how it should be. From this point forward, I will just try to hit the 400 words minimum, because I really said all I can, so I will just say what's fun in being a LEO and a criminal.
Being a LEO brings a lot of thrill to a player's RP experience. The fact that you have to chase someone and the pride in the moment you arrest a suspect are quite fun and bring a sense of usefulness as part of the server community. I am a heavy-duty gamer and, honestly, there are games and situations that can bring adrenaline in my blood. RPing a cop is one of those situations.
Now, about being a criminal. I haven't played as a criminal a lot, but the thrill of making a successful deal for several thousand dollars and the ability to keep yourself low and avoid attention by the police are my most favorite aspects of RPing a crook. I never rob or scam people when I RP a criminal. I aim to RP as this shady small-time businessman, who makes his living by selling the stuff you want and the stuff the government doesn't want you to have. I am not aggressive by nature, therefore my RP isn't aggressive either, except for the times when I am provoked. And that rarely happens, so I usually just enjoy the good deals and the wealth that they drop.

Section 4

Additional comments, here you should include any extra evidence of you helping newbies, or explanations for any bans you have undergone in the past. You may also add suggestions or comments about the helper team as a whole.

I would like to explain the two T-Bans that I have on my admin record. They are both for refusing to RP, to both of which I admit, but this is not the point. The point is that I want you to see something that you might have not seen (unless you saw it when I posted it), so... just click the link "Yes, I did" in my signature to see the second complaint on me. :)

By posting this application I hereby declare that all of the above is true to the best of my knowledge, if I have lied and this is discovered by an admin then I will be banned IG and on the forum for 7days. I understand that if I have been banned from posting applications to be a helper either for a long period of time, or just temporarily I will not post this application until my ban time has run out or risk being perma banned from applying to be a helper and may face IG punishment.

Mark_Fleur

Retired Admin
To the thread starter,

The helper administration team is sorry to announce that your application to be a helper has failed the first stage of the application process. The reasons for this are as stated below:

-Some questions do not meet the minimum word count.

Please do not re-apply for the next 7 days. If you fail to follow this simple rule you may be perma-banned from applying to be a helper. Better luck next time

Yours faithfully,
The Helper Administration Team

Status
Not open for further replies.