Not open for further replies.

Johnny_Bell

Donator
Helper Application

Section 1

IG name (Main account): Johnny Bell
Alternate accounts: Andrew Hopkins, Antonio Santos, Brad Bell
Time zone (Compared to GMT, eg GMT +1 etc) GMT -6
Screen shot of /stats on your main account (You may only blur out your IP, faction and faction rank):
ZqePRl.png
Screen shot of your adminrecord (/myadminrecord)
D7bU4l.png
How long have you played SA:MP? I have played SA:MP for about 2 years
How long have you been RPing? For 2 years
How long have you been on the server? I have been on the server since July 21st, 2011.

Section 2

Why do you want to be a helper? (Min 100words) I would like to be a helper because i would like to help the community, i would like to help the community grow by helping the new players that come into the server. I would like to help them with all of their questions and make sure that they feel welcome. I know what it feels like to not have questions answered and that's when i would leave the server, so i would like to prevent that. Also i was a helper before the wipe (On alt) and i loved to help the new people and the old people that didn't know somethings. I am also sure that i know the server good, and i know most things about the server, i feel that i can help the new and old people in the server, with all of their question.

Give an example of where you helped a newbie before giving full detail. (Min 50words) Other than being a helper and in /n, i have help people of the server many times. I was pulling a guy over in the BCSD, and it was a new level 1 person, he didn't know how to use /me or /do, but instead of reporting him, i helped him and told him what to do and i taught him how to use /do and /me, so instead of getting him banned i helped m, i saw him a couple days later and he was role playing just fine.

What do you think is the purpose of helpers? (Min 100words) I think that the purpose of helpers is to help people. They answer questions in /n(ewbie), and questions on the forums. I also think that helpers are here to help the new players of the server get to know the server and help them with any questions that they have about the server. They are the players of the server with knowledge of the server and are able to answer any question about the server.They are there to help the new players happy and help them get into the server and start roleplaying. The helpers are also always there to help the people of the server, at all times.

If you became a helper, how much of your time would you dedicate to "helping", both IG and on the forums? I would dedicate all the time that i can to being a helper, i am active almost everyday both on forums and IG.

Section 3

What is metagame? (Min 50words) Metagaming is using OOC information ICly or using information that the player doesn't know IC. A example of this would be that a player walks up to someone that they have never met before. Like Tom walks up to the Palomino Creek town hall and there is a player named Joe. Then Tom sees Joe's name above his head and says, "Hello Joe." Even though Tom doesn't know Joe's name ICly and that why its metagaming.

What is powergame? (Min 50words) Powergaming is doing something that isn't possible in real life. Like Player 1 walks up to Player 2 and does a /me that says /me pulls a RPG from his shirt pocket shooting player 2 turning player 2 blue. None of those things are possible in real life and it is powergaming.

If a newbie asked you (Using the correct OOC method) what to do with the 4 numbers the just came up on the right hand side of their screen what would you respond? Please use your imagination and respond to any retorts you feel they may make (Retorts means follow up questions- and remember this is a brand new player) (Min 200 words) The 4 numbers on the right of your screen is your payday check number. To get your paycheck you have to go to and town hall which are located in Fort Carson, Palomino Creek, and Angel Pine. Make sure that once you get to the town hall you don't PR or payday rush, which is sprinting or running to get your payday. Once you have entered the town hall you walk up to the $ icon and do /signcheck [The 4 numbers], but the 4 numbers are different every payday and are different for everyone. Once you have gotten your payday you will get money for your job or unemployment benefits. You also get xp which you can use to level up your weapon skill or your level. To level up your weapon skill you have to go to an ammunition store and do /buyweaponskill, then it will say if you can or not, if you can then you do /buyweaponskill confirm. To level up your level you have to do /buylevel and it will say how much xp you need to level up, if you have enough you do /buylevel confirm. The amount of xp you get per payday depends how much time you have played since your last payday, to see do /stats. If you have played 31 minutes you get 1 xp at payday, if you have played for 61 minutes then you get 2 xp, and if you have played for 91 minutes you get 3 xp at payday. But if you are a donator you get the xp bonus for what your donator level is. To donate to the server go to the donations part on the forums and you can choose how much you want to donate and what the benefits would be, and then to get your donation do /donation. Also you only have 30 minutes to get your payday, so lets say you get payday at 01:00 you have until 01:30 to get it or it will disappear and you will have to wait until the next payday.

If someone approaches you on the street while you are RPing (Say RPing getting your car fixed with a mechanic) and asks in /b "Where can I buy a car" what would you respond? (Min 100 words) I would tell them in /b that, his question was a IC question and tell him to say it ICly. Then i would happily guide him to a car dealership and what types of cars are at those dealerships, like Dillimore there is a cheap car dealership and a bike dealership, also that in montgomery there is a more expensive car dealership, and also that outside of the Palomino Creek garage or at town halls, like Palomino Creek, Angel Pine, and Fort Carson there are sometime used cars for sale outside of them. But i would also tell him that he could use /n(newbie) chat for those types of questions.

Describe your favourite RP experience on RCRP in full detail (Min 400 words) My best experience would have to be with the BCSD. There have been many experiences with them but there is one that sticks out out of them all. The Police department had a police pursuit heading into out jurisdiction, so i joined in the chase. We chased them down the highway into Las Venturas, after driving down the highway, they turned into the smaller roads, we lost them in Las Venturas, but we weren't just going to give up. After about 10-15 minutes of searching another officer found the vehicle. We immediately responded code 3 and we chased them around Las Venturas again for about 10 minutes until they crashed outside of Axiom HQ on the highway. They rushed out of their burrito armed heavily with M4's and MP5's. We had them surrounded but they weren't going to give up, we had opened fire on them as they did us.

We thought that we had them but on the bridge behind us and in front of us had their friends on them and they opened fire on us also. Within the blink of an eye we were the ones surrounded and i got into my cruiser and sped to one of the bridges. The suspects fled as i came up on them and so i returned to the burrito. Another officer had the 3 suspects in custody but the men on the bridge kept opening fire on us. We battled with them for about 15 minutes until we got the suspects from the burrito in custody and away from the area. We had to search the area for atleast 10 minutes until we found out that the men on the bridge might have been axiom. So me and 1 other officer drove over to axiom to talk with them when in the middle of us talking to them the PD SWAT radioed that they had found the men. After chasing the men down we surrounded their vehicle, forcing 2 of the men to drop their weapons and come into custody.

Another experience would also be with the BCSD, we were radioed to come in for back up on a pursuit on a black sultan. We drove into Red County looking for the sultan. We found the vehicle in Montgomery and followed it until it was deemed unsafe for us to follow as they had MP5's. After we later found them at Dillimore another officer pulled the sultan over and we came to assist. As we waited for one more officer, the 4 men in the sultan opened fire on us blowing one of our cruisers up. We got back up from the PD and we got into a 10-57, or pursuit with the sultan. We had to chase them at a distance though as we didn't want to get our cruiser blown up. We chased the vehicle into Bone County and they stopped at the air field. We thought they were going to get into a helicopter, they circled the airport 2 times and then stopped and got out of the vehicle. They opened fire on me and 1 other officer. It was at that time that the RCPD SWAT and backup appeared about 3 minutes after they opened fire. My partner and i opened fire on them but we were no match to the 4 of them, he was killed and i was shot in the leg. I would have died if the SWAT team didn't arrive, they had no choice but to kill the men as they weren't giving up.

What is the best faction on the server, and why? (Min 400 words) I believe that there is no best server, it is all about what the player likes better legal or illegal, or action or no action. But if i had to choose I would have to say the best faction on this server would be the SD/PD mainly because i like law enforcement and you can get a lot of action in those 2 factions. I have always enjoyed playing as a legal player than illegal, and so that is why i like he Police more. I do realize that people do not like cops and i wouldn't either as i have been on both ends receiving fines and being jailed, but you do the crime you have to do the time. Also there is almost no down time in those servers, like the RCFD have to wait for calls, unlike the PD/SD can patrol, and do things almost all the time. Also as a cop you get into action a lot more than other servers. There are shootouts which are always fun to get into, also there are the pursuits that the SD/PD have that are exciting and good role play. I also think that playing as a police officer can open lots of doors to all different types of roleplay. Like you can join SWAT and breach doors and use fully automatic weapons and get into big shootouts. Also you can join the undercover part of the the SD/PD and go under cover and join gangs, and get into the illegal roleplay while still playing legal roleplay. Also the prison is being scripted soon and that will bring a lot more roleplay to the SD and the PD, like prisoner transports and people trying to escape from prison, which would give a officer some excitement looking for a fugitive.

Although i do like SD/PD i also like the non action part of Red County. I like Elite Trucking as its fun to get into a convoy with a bunch of your friend and drive through red county in a big convoy of trucks, also it gives you a feeling of accomplishment as you keep the fuel stations and business restocked. The RCFD can have their excitement also, from responding to a PD call, and then at the call a shootout happens. Also I've always liked medical, and fire, so the fire department was fun and a good fit. They have excitement and good roleplay which is what a faction wants.

Section 4

Additional comments, here you should include any extra evidence of you helping newbies, or explanations for any bans you have undergone in the past. You may also add suggestions or comments about the helper team as a whole. I would like to say that the admin jails were for using OOC terms used IC, and one was OOC messing around which i haven't messed around since, and the date ban was for DMing and i haven't DMed since. Also think the new helper system will work better.

By posting this application I hereby declare that all of the above is true to the best of my knowledge, if I have lied and this is discovered by an admin then I will be banned IG and on the forum for 7days. I understand that if I have been banned from posting applications to be a helper either for a long period of time, or just temporarily I will not post this application until my ban time has run out or risk being perma banned from applying to be a helper and may face IG punishment.

Xtreme

Donator
To the thread starter,

The helper administration team is sorry to announce that your application to be a helper has failed the first stage of the application process. The reasons for this are as stated below:

- Failure to capitalize the Is when it is needed.
- Repetition (I would like... I would like... I would like... I know... I at least....)
- Very few spelling mistakes.

Please do not re-apply for the next 7 days. If you fail to follow this simple rule you may be perma-banned from applying to be a helper. Better luck next time

Yours faithfully,
The Helper Administration Team

Status
Not open for further replies.