[Helper Application] John Gibson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Costa

Donator
Helper Application

Section 1

IG name (Main account): John Gibson.
Alternate accounts: Ronald Saint, John Field.
Timezone (Compared to GMT, eg GMT +1 etc) GMT+1
Screen shot of /stats on your main account (You may only blur out your IP, faction and faction rank):
sa-mp-431.png

Screen shot of your adminrecord (/myadminrecord)
sa-mp-432.png

How long have you played SA:MP? Abit over two years.
How long have you been RPing? Abit over two years.
How long have you been on the server? Abit over two years.

Section 2

Why do you want to be a helper? (Min 100words)
I have been a helper mod for a while, and I enjoy helping out people in need of help.
When I'm bored in-game, I always sit outside my house and do my best to give good, explaining answers in the newbie chat.
I know all the basic stuff on the server and a bit more, and why not share my experience and thing I know about to the newcomers who don't know
anything about the server? It's always fun to help a newcomer and then later RP with them when they have learned themselves and know how our server work.

Give an example of where you helped a newbie before giving full detail. (Min 50words)
Once I saw a newcomer run around, hitting random stuff. I started talking with him IC'ly etc.
He said he was poor and didn't have any job and such. ( He had just joined the server and still had the truth skin. )
I showed him around, got him some new clothes, explained how to get your paycheck etc, the most basic jobs to earn some cash,
I assisted him in getting a driving license.
I even invited him to my house to show home our awesome new furniture system!

What do you think is the purpose of helpers? (Min 100words)
The purpose of a helper is to share your experience with the newcomers on the server, aid them and answer their questions.
Not just giving a quick, horrible answer, but to explain and give a full sentence which explains more than one/two words.
If a helper doesn't help a newcomer, he might be bored due to the fact that he doesn't how to get started and he might start fucking around,
DM whatsoever.
If I see a random newbie running around on the streets, I always ask if he's new in town and needs some help.
So a Helper is a very important rule in the RC-RP community.

If you became a helper, how much of your time would you dedicate to "helping", both IG and on the forums?
I spend all my free time to aid newcomers. Even when I roleplay I try to help them.
So it's about all the time I am now online - Which is from five to ten hours, depending on what I'm up to.

Section 3

What is metagame? (Min 50words)
Metagaming is when you take OOC information to use it IC'ly.
An example:
[Donator OOC] John Ballona(Level 4) says: Free materials at Angelpine scrapyard, first one to arrive here will get them!
[Donator OOC] Alexandra Jona(Level 2) says: Omg, I'm going to be there first and get them!
** In about 3 minutes, Alexandra Jona reaches the Angelpine Scrapyard. **
And that's metagaming, since she saw the information in a OOC chat and did use it IC'ly.

What is powergame? (Min 50words)
Powergaming is when you force an action upon another player.
Let's say I am getting robbed by two men, both are holding a Desert Eagle at me.
I do a /me swiftly takes a sprint forward, kicking the male on the right into the stomach and grabs the other males Desert Eagle to the left.
/me quickly aims it towards the male on the left and pulls the trigger, shooting a bullet into his brain.
/me swiftly lowers the aim to the man on the right, pulling the trigger, shooting him into his heart.
In that case, I would powergame extremely as I forced the actions towards the men robbing me, it would also be other offences as Not Roleplaying Fear etc.

If a newbie asked you (Using the correct OOC method) what to do with the 4 numbers the just came up on the right hand side of their screen what would you respond? Please use your imagination and respond to any retorts you feel they may make (Retorts means follow up questions- and remember this is a brand new player) (Min 200 words)
The four digits on your right side of the screen indicates that you have a paycheck to sign. Every XX:00 you will most likely receive a paycheck, depending on the time you played. 31 Minutes means that you will get 1 experience points. 61 Minutes means that you will receive 2 experience points. 91 Minutes means that you will receive 3 experience points. Use /stats to check your current time since last payday.
( Note, if you wish to get even MORE experience points as bonus - Donate to the server. As a rank 4 donator you will get a total of 4 experience points in bonus - And $3,000 dollars! )
However, to sign your paycheck, you need to visit a town hall. You can find a town hall in Palomino Creek, Fort Carson or Angelpine.
Once your inside the town hall, there is a '' disc '' spinning around in front of a desk. Go to that icon, and write the command; /Signcheck [The four digits on your right side of the screen] and you will receive your paycheck.
To see how much experience you need to level up - Use /buylevel.
( Note: the cash you recieve from the townhall does automaticly get added to your bank account. )
- However, I would prefer taking this to /PM instead of /N to avoid unnecessary spam and such. -

If someone approaches you on the street while you are RPing (Say RPing getting your car fixed with a mechanic) and asks in /b "Where can I buy a car" what would you respond? (Min 100 words)
I would respond in a PM to him exactly as I would do in /N.
You can purchase brand new vehicles from Dillimore or Montegomery. In Dillimore you will find a bike shop and a cheaper vehicle shop, however you need to be level three to buy a vehicle from them.
There is also a vehicle shop in Montegomery, which is more expensive. You need to be level 5 to purchase a vehicle there.
BUT - You can purchase a vehicle from anyone at any level. So either make/look for an advert about the vehicle you wish to buy or check around for vehicles with the note '' For sale ''. As people has put a note inside them that they are for sale and the current price.
If you wish to purchase it, enter it and write the command /buycar. Your cash will automatically get taken from your in-hand money and transferred over to the sellers in-hand money.

Describe your favourite RP experience on RCRP in full detail (Min 400 words)
My absolute favourite roleplay must have been when I was in The Italian Connection for about one and a half-year ago.
I were storing all my weapons I just created in all my three vehicles when a black sentinel containing two well dressed aperture agent pulls up out of nowhere, aiming their weapons at me.
Me, who is carrying weapons for around 250,000 dollars, did of course get a heart attack IRL and started wondering what's going on.
I roleplayed very nervous and listened to everything they said in game. So they forced me into their vehicle, the back seat of course, and then drove away.
I wrote in the donator chat and told them what's going on, and everyone started saying congratulations etc, you're going to get hired. So I got pretty happy when I saw that.
They brought me out into the Panopticum forest, next to the Blueberry acres, where they told me to get out of the vehicle.
It was a dark, cold night as we walked trought the forest towards some old, rotten tree houses.
Both of them were carrying around on big heavy automatic rifles ( M4A1 Assault Rifle to be correct ).
They asked me swiftly if I had any weaponry on me. Worried as I was, I said yes. But they just told me to leave it inside the vehicle, which I did.
So they took me into one of these rotten tree houses and started talking about my current faction, The Italian Connection, as I were rank 4 in.
They started by asking for my real name, what's the name of our leader, who are we friends with, who are we rivals with, what do we work with, what's the names of our ranks etc.
I gladly answered all the questions, thinking I was going to get hired. After about thirty minutes, they said we were done. So they forced me back to the vehicle, parked a bit into the woods, to keep it hidden.
Then they slowly started driving to Angelpine. I was getting worried once again that they would execute me or something, and I would lose all my weaponry I worked hard for. As our Don ( rank 7 ) requested me to get him weaponry
until the next day. So I talked a bit with them, they were kinda nice to me. But when we arrives in Angelpine Service Station, they took me into a Hotel room where they stabbed me with a syringe, and injected an unknown substance into my body which
made me forget everything that happened.

I must say, it was a really awesome roleplay.

What is the best faction on the server, and why? (Min 400 words)
I love two factions on the server - and those are Donum Dei and Aperture research. Not so odd, as most people wouldn't mind to get hired into them.
But why do I love them so much? Well, mainly because I LOVE their secret, epic roleplay which is hidden from the public. I have roleplayed a lot with both
and I love it. Once when I was a newcomer on the server I was assisting three hitmen with doing a contract on some police officer.
We got into suits, sat on the roof tops with M4's, Snipers, we had civilians driving around, looking for him. Then suddently we catched him and executed him, in an alley in Palomino Creek.
No one saw us do anything, and that's what I love with them. They are hidden, discrete and no one notices them. And the fact that's it's really hard to get into the faction is just a big plus. It keeps the DM'ers and such away
and brings some epic roleplay to the people who deserves it. However it's sad that the players in the faction has to keep their names secret IC'ly AND OOC'ly to avoid metagaming, that's just sad.

Aperture is lovely because it's like a secret faction who still is possible to see in the public. You can often see them driving around in a black sentinel, waiting for a backup call from either Police Department or Sheriffs Department - or just a base alarm when you have a trespasser. Aperture has been here since the beginning of RC-RP, and it's amazing how it's still here, doing the exact epic RP all the times. And I guess we have to thank Ian Burns for that!
Aperture is a faction who do different things. It's amazing how much roleplay you can find inside a such faction, you can't understand it if you aren't inside such faction.
But it's boring that Aperture members mostly have to keep their names hidden because of metagaming. I mean, people shouldn't need to hide their names. It's just clean stupidy to metagame as it would give you a permanently ban.
I remember when I was a newcomer, I always trespassed their base to get their attention and thinking that I had a change to get hired.

Any who, these factions are my absolute favourites. They both have a fantastic, creative RP which no other factions have.

Section 4

Additional comments, here you should include any extra evidence of you helping newbies, or explanations for any bans you have undergone in the past. You may also add suggestions or comments about the helper team as a whole.
Lots of stuff in my admin record is trolls.
And also, I'm currently a trial helper for this month, and I work hard to answer every question asked. I see it as an honour to be picked as a trial.
sa-mp-459.png

I got this private message today when I was assisting her. Always nice to hear that people enjoy it.

By posting this application I hereby declare that all of the above is true to the best of my knowledge, if I have lied and this is discovered by an admin then I will be banned IG and on the forum for 7days. I understand that if I have been banned from posting applications to be a helper either for a long period of time, or just temporarily I will not post this application until my ban time has run out or risk being perma banned from applying to be a helper and may face IG punishment.

Mark_Fleur

Retired Admin
To the thread starter,

The helper administration team is sorry to announce that your application to be a helper has failed the first stage of the application process. The reasons for this are as stated below:

- Very close, one too many spelling errors in the end (Some fast typing errors). Especially in the last question of section 3, for example stupidy I assume should be stupidity, suddently should be suddenly, and in the question prior to this, trought, should be through I presume? (Also "Kinda" isn't a word, it's slang for kind of, I know I use it a lot, but only in informal circumstances).
- A few grammar errors early on, for example putting a coma then starting a new line, indicating a new paragraph. Sentences don't go between paragraphs, when a sentence ends you may start a new paragraph, not during a sentence! Likewise don't leave spaces when using brackets. For example (This is fine), ( This isn't cool though ).

Otherwise you can't see whether the quotation marks are indicating the words in front or behind it are being quoted.

Please do not re-apply for the next 7 days. If you fail to follow this simple rule you may be perma-banned from applying to be a helper. Better luck next time

Yours faithfully,
The Helper Administration Team

Status
Not open for further replies.