Not open for further replies.

John Collins

Donator
Helper Application

Section 1

IG name (Main account): John Collins
Alternate accounts: Gabriella Edwards, Mace Adams
Timezone (Compared to GMT, eg GMT +1 etc) -5
Screen shot of /stats on your main account (You may only blur out your faction and faction rank):

Screen shot of your adminrecord (/myadminrecord) In the above screen shot.
How long have you played SA:MP? Three to four years.
How long have you been RPing?Three to four years
How long have you been on the server?Two years

Section 2

Why do you want to be a helper? (Min 100words)
I want to become a helper again to continue helping people in and out of the server in both ways to improve their RP and on different features in the server. Most the reason is to give back to what I have got from the server, I know people like Jerome and Daniel spent countless hours when I first joined the server and was in the Fire Department they taught me more proper ways to RP things and different features in the server. Without their help I would have been lost. Now its my turn to give what I have learned to others to help them be able to come here and have a happy, and awesome time playing on the server. Without the help of helpers they would feel astray and leave for another server. But helpers make them feel welcome to the server.
Give an example of where you helped a newbie before giving full detail. (Min 50words)
Most the people that have been new to the server that I have helped the most where in the Fire Department and in the Taxi Co. as lots of times people joined or called upon the Fire Department as they were in MVA or had been hit by a car. When the Fire Department shows up and they see the extreme effort put towards someone hitting a tree they are completely amazed and then in the taxi co. I use to give free rides to people that told me they where new and showed them around taking them to the town hall. Then after that would take them to the general store, and electronic shop to get some needed items. After that would take them to the DMV so they could get a general licenses, if they were lucky and I had a cheap car they sometimes got a free car. Finally would tell them to ask if they had any further questions through PMÔÇÖs and left them aÔÇÖ sail. Now some times you may think giving them the money and car may be a waste as they get banned but you just hope for the best knowing you have helped them. ThatÔÇÖs what truly makes you feel the best.
What do you think is the purpose of helpers? (Min 100words)
The purpose of helpers is to welcome players and provide vital information, and any questions they may have to ensure their time on Red County Role Play is truly the best. ItÔÇÖs the helpers job to attract the attention of the new comers and make them not feel like no one is there to help with their simple problems. They provide critical information such as how to apply for a faction, most importantly how get a licenses. Since when someone firsts enters the server they are at a lost there is so much to do and see they donÔÇÖt know where to begin. Helpers are truly the key to keeping players in once they first join and ensuring they have a happy and successful time in the server.
If you became a helper, how much of your time would you dedicate to "helping", both IG and on the forums?
When I was a helper before I use to put alot of time to answering questions as in the Red County Fire Department their would be times of no calls and answering questions filled the time in so I can assure you more then half of my game time would be towards helping, aswell as helped the players in Red County Rolepay. I usualy check the fourms for questions I can assist with in the morning when I get up and in the evening when I go to bed, and of course when the server is down.

Section 3

What is metagame? (Min 50words)

Meatagame is using out of character information that you are not able to obtain or know in character. Like you get shot by a gang member, and fortunately he wasnÔÇÖt wearing a mask and saw his name, so you use his name in the 911 dispatch when you call the police. Then they will think you know it ICly and go arrest him when in the outcome the whole situation becomes metagammed.
What is powergame? (Min 50words)
Powergaming is forcing actions towards players role-play, that realistically may have not happen and they could have resisted to what you are doing, or do something else to obstruct your role-played action. For an example. you see a homeless person begging for money on the sidewalk, you decide your tired of these people in your neighborhood and punch him in his head, knocking him out to the ground. You never ask through a /do if he gets knocked out you just insist in your /me punches Ray in the head forcefully knocking him out to the ground. That is a clear example of powergame.

If a newbie asked you (Using the correct OOC method) what to do with the 4 numbers the just came up on the right hand side of their screen what would you respond? Please use your imagination and respond to any retorts you feel they may make (Retorts means follow up questions- and remember this is a brand new player) (Min 200 words)
I would first welcome them and then inform them, those numbers are used for when you visit the town hall which is located in Palomino, Angel Pine, or Fort Carson to sign your pay check. You will need to /signcheck #### once entering the building and going to the marker in front of the desk inside. To find the Town Hall in Palomino the easiest way is if you have a GPS to /navto General Store and select the Palomino one, as its just west of that location, and is a two story large building. You will receive your pay check each hour at XX:00, I would recommend making a hard attempt to collect your pay checks as you will need them to level up as well as get money from them. But do remember when collecting your pay check do not rush inside as it's considered "PR" which stands for "Payday Rush" and you will be kicked from the server or ajailed. Also be mindful of your parking outside the town hall or you may end up with a parking ticket from the Police Department, if you have any further questions regarding the town hall and in signing your pay check, or anything else in the server please contact us.

If someone approaches you on the street while you are RPing (Say RPing getting your car fixed with a mechanic) and asks in /b "Where can I buy a car" what would you respond? (Min 100 words)
I would immediately PM them not to use /b in peoples roleplays. But then would tell him you can buy a car by either by making a advert at the News Corp. which can be found North West of the Montgomery Trailers, if you have a GPS you can /navto News Corp. Then a more expensive way is to get a brand new car you can go to MickÔÇÖs Motors in Dillmore as that is the cheapest place to get a new car at. Then would simply inform him in the future use /n for questions relating to the server, as I have to get back to my roleplay.

Describe your favourite RP experience on RCRP in full detail (Min 400 words)
My favorite role play experience on Red County Role Play are busy days with many calls in the Red County Fire Department running continuous amounts of calls. As I enjoy being in the Red County Fire Department as IÔÇÖm a Firefighter/Emergency Medical Technician in real life. Therefore I am able to help the server out using knowledge I have and learned to give to members of the Fire Department as well as the Red County Role Play community. I enjoy responding to different calls not knowing what someone will create and treat them. As most other role plays like in the Police Department or a gang, you run into problems with people arguing that something wasnÔÇÖt fare. But in the Fire Department people are always happy you responded and roleplay along with you with little to no OOC chatter. Being on the medic unit in the Fire Department on a busy day you get to use all of your skills you have learned and put them together to do the best you can to complete the given situation, and when you have multiple members in the Fire Department online its even better. You can have extra people to staff a Engine so on a motor vehicle accident they can stabilize the vehicle followed by searching for any leaking fluids that may be coming from the vehicle. Then after the Engine Crew successfully stabilizes the vehicle they can work on removing the roof and doors if needed in order to extricate the patient. Then if you have a pilot for the Air life you can call them in for a transport to the hospital when you are in areas such as Flint County or Bone County far from a hospital. In the end sometimes six people put all their role play effort together for one person. Then you move on to the next emergency. One time I had a person that had been walking on the bridge fall to a plank on the constitution bridge when it was scriptly being built. We had our medic unit and technical rescue truck respond. They put together harnessÔÇÖs making them anchored to the rescue truck, then walked down the piers close enough to the played tossing a harness down to him. The player put the harness on and we RPly pulled the lead up which lifted him off the plank onto the bridge, which scriptly we /dragged him. This shows that how people when they become bugged or make a mistake OOCly can easly make it a lot more exciting way by calling the Fire Department. Since in the end you got yourself out of the glitches and had tons of roleplay that made many happy.
What is the best faction on the server, and why? (Min 400 words)
The best faction in Red County Role Play is the Red County Fire Department. Since every time you log on you get to respond to help people and is a vital role for the server. Without the Fire Department many of the rules would not be able to get followed. For an example but not limited to accidents, injuries, and fires. That each day occur hundreds of times in the server, and the Red County Fire Department responds to their best abilities to provide the medical attention to the players. The roleplay in the Red County Fire Department is unique. There is hundreds of ways each injury could be treated and multiple of different things someone may do first. Everyone works as one team to get the person treated and transported as fast and to the best capable force they can. Without the Red County Fire Department the role-play in the community would drop dramatically. ThatÔÇÖs why I recommend more people joining in. As you get to help out millions of players and your roleplay is not to win but transport them to the hospital in there benefit and sake. As there for as I mentioned before makes the OOC chatter to a very small limit. There is glitches and things wrong, that could be improved with the faction. But most does come down to the server, to make it the best faction people need to role play more often with them. Roleplay having frost bite after walking around in the cold for a long time. Or after a long time outside having a heat stroke from the heat. There is a lot of RP they miss and could be added. But it takes what it gets and is always improving each day. Since its not to many factions but SADVLA and RCFD that your actually helping players and they respect you for what you do. Most people get pissed at you on your gang account when you mess with them, most people get pissed when you arrest someone on your police department account. But in the Fire Department everyone respects you for what you do and thatÔÇÖs whatÔÇÖs most rewarding. Then in the extra time between calls you can relax and RP around the station or in general do things such as answering and helping other players. For an example my part time taxi job I sometimes do for fun. I do believe Red County Fire Department is the best in the server as itÔÇÖs the most crucial to most role-play and the server community in general.
Section 4

Additional comments, here you should include any extra evidence of you helping newbies, or explanations for any bans you have undergone in the past. You may also add suggestions or comments about the helper team as a whole.
Since being a helper a year and half ago I have tried my best in game to help people, aswell as welcome them to the server. I hope the time I did do it was apperciated, I really hope I get the postition to continue doing it. I think the helper status is going in a very great direction and happy to see the great changes made. Hopefully these changes will improve the server community in general and welcome people into Red County Role Play.

By posting this application I hereby declare that all of the above is true to the best of my knowledge, if I have lied and this is discovered by an admin then I will be banned IG and on the forum for 7 days. I understand that if I have been banned from posting applications to be a helper either for a long period of time, or just temporarily I will not post this application until my ban time has run out or risk being perma banned from applying to be a helper and may face IG punishment.

Xtreme

Donator
To the thread starter,

The helper administration team is sorry to announce that your application to be a helper has failed the first stage of the application process. The reasons for this are as stated below:

- Still a few grammatical errors and spelling mistakes. My recommendation to you would be to first place the text into word to spell-check it. You may re-apply in 3 days.

Please do not re-apply for the next 7 days. If you fail to follow this simple rule you may be perma-banned from applying to be a helper. Better luck next time

Yours faithfully,
The Helper Administration Team

Status
Not open for further replies.