Not open for further replies.

Nadr

Banned
Helper Application

Section 1

IG name (Main account): Jennifer Stevenson
Alternate accounts: Derek Jones, Jequan Young
Timezone (Compared to GMT, eg GMT +1 etc) GMT -8:00
Screen shot of /stats on your main account (You may only blur out your faction and faction rank):
Untitled-1-1.png

Screen shot of your adminrecord (/myadminrecord)
Untitled-2-1.png

How long have you played SA:MP? About five years.
How long have you been RPing? About three years of serious RP, two of light RP.
How long have you been on the server? One year, I joined last summer around July.

Section 2

Why do you want to be a helper? (Min 100words)
I want to be a helper because I've played on RC RP for quite a long time, I know most of the server's script.
I've also been a Helper on RCRP since October of 2011 and I'm used to being able to read someone's question and answer it straight away. I also want to become a helper to become more 'known' or helpful to RCRP. Besides becoming known or being helpful, another reason I want to become a helper is to explore the new system and possibly the new script coming for helpers. I'm just a helpful person in game and in real life. I can't stand to see someone struggling. I make it my mission to fully answer there questions or call for help when needed.

Give an example of where you helped a newbie before giving full detail. (Min 50words)
Well I help people on a daily bases just by roleplaying. I correct their spelling and grammar. When someone asks me a question in /b or /pm, I usually answer them even when I'm busy. An example of when I a newbie a lot would be in November when a new player new nothing about RCRP. I seaked permission from an admin for us both to be OOC, I took him to the dealership, DPD and other landmarks so he knows how to get around. I showed him townhall and when to sign his check. I showed where to get a job and how to use the job commands. I ended up giving him 20k and a clover to get him started and we're not even friends today. I just helped him get started.

What do you think is the purpose of helpers? (Min 100words)
I think the purpose of a helper is to help new players and answer their questions. It's their job to help make new players into more experienced players to create funner roleplay opportunities for themselves and others. Helpers are their to make you feel more comfortable in the server knowing that questions can be easily answered. Helpers help you roleplay better and make the game play funner. Not only do helpers teach and help other players, but they can teach each other, themselves and even admins sometimes. Helpers are there to make the server more comfortable and aid players adapt to the server or simply help them get started.

If you became a helper, how much of your time would you dedicate to "helping", both IG and on the forums?
At least 72 hours in game per week and about 38 hours per week on forums.

Section 3

What is metagame? (Min 50words)
Metagaming is using OOC information ICly. Some examples of metagaming would be to say someone stole a car because they had to RPly shut down the engine since you can't turn off /hotwire'd cars. Or to see a gang's hideout on forums and snitch to the police. To watch a drive by video in the general OOC section and then arrest the people in the video for doing so.(Without obtaining the knowledge RPly.)

What is powergame? (Min 50words)
Powergaming has quite a few definition depending on the server you're playing on. In my personal experience, powergaming means forcing actions against other players, an example would be to do such as " Jennifer Stevenson punches the man in the face, knocking him unconscious. " That's not allowed as you're not allowing the other player to RP a different type of injury. Another definition of powergame would be to do things that are impossible for your character to do. For example " Jennifer Stevenson pulls the handcuffs off of her wrists, transforming them into a gun. "

If a newbie asked you (Using the correct OOC method) what to do with the 4 numbers the just came up on the right hand side of their screen what would you respond? Please use your imagination and respond to any retorts you feel they may make (Retorts means follow up questions- and remember this is a brand new player) (Min 200 words)

Well I would tell him that the four numbers could be something such as payday if it says something like " Payday: #### ". Payday is when you go to a town hall and sign your paycheck that you can obtain every hour on the hour as in xx:00:00. There are three town halls spread through out Red County Roleplay, one would be in Palomino Creek, one in Fort Carson and one in Angel Pine. Remember not to payday rush. Payday rush is when you rush your paycheck signing. Such as
" Non RP Driving / Parking Non RPly / Run inside the townhall /signcheck / Run outside town hall and jump in your car. "
You can level up using experience from payday, or put it towards buying weapon skill. You level up using /buylevel (confirm). You can level up when you have the experience sum of "level multiplied by ten". You can buy weapon skill by going to an ammunation and doing /buyweapon skill (confirm). With weapon skill you slowly advance the ability to use a weapon. At level 10 - you can strafe( move while shooting ), wield dual weapons such as colt 45s, and hold larger weapons to your shoulder rather then from your hip, making it more accurate shooting.

Another thing those numbers could be is if you have the GTA IV hud, it would be informing you of losing or gaining money. Such as " - $1000 " or " + $1000 " in grey writing.

If someone approaches you on the street while you are RPing (Say RPing getting your car fixed with a mechanic) and asks in /b "Where can I buy a car" what would you respond? (Min 100 words)

Well I personally will continue roleplaying with the mechanic if it's deep roleplay. But if it's just some normal, slow roleplay I would
" /pm him or /b you can buy a car by going to a dealership, either the Montgomery one which you need to be atleast level three to use, or the dilimore dealership where you can buy cheaper cars you need atleast level three or the bike dealership in dilimore which you also need level three for. Once you go to the dealership, you walk into the checkpoint and /browsecars or /viewcars. Once you find the car you want you press the 'buy' button and confirm it. "
But next time you need help please /pm someone from /helpers or use /n as I was roleplaying, but it's alright. I'm happy to help you.

Describe your favourite RP experience on RCRP in full detail (Min 400 words)

My favorite RP experience on RCRP would be in 342 Avenue Families when we were Roleplaying young for the first time. It had to do with using BMX's rather then vehicles all the time, Roleplaying fear of drugs and our 'parents' find out. A really cool time in that era of roleplay would be when we found a dead body in a trashcan and one of kids threw up. It's my favorite because we all had custom skin mods, different personalities and were really active to the point we had about fifteen on at the same time. We roleplayed that our parents were out of time sometimes and threw a party. We hung out in some back alleys getting high and sometimes drunk. It's just that it one of the most explored and funnest roleplay era I experience through out SAMP and I'm happy it was on RCRP. I developed OOC friends too during that roleplay.

Another one of my most favorite roleplay situations would be when I was running from the cops when I roleplayed young since I tied there shoes together and they actually Roleplayed tripping and their injuries while chasing me. I had to hide in a dumpster and jump a few fences. At one point I was riding a BMX when one of the officers tackles me off the bike and put me in the cruiser but never actually arrested me. It was one of my favorite situations because they roleplayed the fact that I was only fourteen and didn't just arrest me. They knew that my crimes were small and roleplay called my parents and got me grounded as well as house arrest. I ended up being left in the house with Officers actually there, roleplaying with me. I usually taunted them and just talked to them about things a kid would wonder such as how the real criminals they counter act, if they ever got tasered like they show on TV. Any funny times while he was on duty. They answered all my questions and continued to roleplay with me. Eventually I asked if I could see there gun, they took out the magazine, and dropped it on the floor by accident and roleplayed that a bullet fell out of the magazine, when they left the house I took the bullet and hit with the hammer, accidently shooting out a window at the Angel Pine police station, then they came back and continued to roleplay with me in a gentle matter.

What is the best faction on the server, and why? (Min 400 words)

In my opinion, RCPD and BCSD would be the best factions on RCRP. In general I like roleplaying a government official on any server. RCPD and BCSD have regulations and multiple admins in the faction who carry out administrative actions if you're ruining the faction's appearance or non roleplaying. What I mean is, PD and SD are moderated and supervised. It has active members which means more then 15 everyday and has a great recruitment process to keep the noobs out. Regardless of the ammount of players online, if you're in PD or SD you can ALWAYS roleplay. You can do things such as pull people over, check who's wanted and find them. You can even go off duty and do what you would do as a player that's not in a faction. You get to roleplay twice as much on one character.

It's best faction because there's solid rules and little corruption. There's times when weapons get leaked out but it's handled with within the week. Special weapons such as sniper rifles are strictly limited and almost never abused by the PD. High Command is always looking for ways to improve and enhance the faction, introducing and retiring high command to give other people a chance of roleplaing the bosses. On any server, the majority of the players would say the the police organisation is the best faction and they'd like to join it. The PD has lots of members, many Europeans and North Americans along with very intelligent people.

I enjoyed many roleplay situations in the PD. My favorites would've been the academy, SWAT and Detective training. The server and faction has so much diversity that the most unique things that you've never experienced before would occur. Just interacting with so many people daily makes this an all time best faction for me. Regardless of regulations, corruption or abuse RCPD would be my favorite faction due to the fact we interact with most of the server on a daily bases. Any roleplay is possible when you're in the PD. You can't technically roleplay illegal, but you interact with illegal roleplayers which is just as fun sometimes. I'm one of those people who need action, constant attention which is provided in good roleplay and just like to have a good time. You deal with /b whiners, but the RCPD matures people, to deal with people like that without whining in return. All the small and big details that I've mentioned, and many more details making RCPD what it is and makes it the best faction.

Section 4

Additional comments, here you should include any extra evidence of you helping newbies, or explanations for any bans you have undergone in the past. You may also add suggestions or comments about the helper team as a whole.

My 1 ban is a troll ban - [Not Specified] and I don't remember making a ban appeal.

A suggestion would be to make both helper user groups( normal and administrative ) moderators of the helper area, moving answered questions to the archive. Leaving only administrative helpers to moderate the helper applications section.

By posting this application I hereby declare that all of the above is true to the best of my knowledge, if I have lied and this is discovered by an admin then I will be banned IG and on the forum for 7days. I understand that if I have been banned from posting applications to be a helper either for a long period of time, or just temporarily I will not post this application until my ban time has run out or risk being perma banned from applying to be a helper and may face IG punishment.

Mark_Fleur

Retired Admin
To the thread starter,

The helper administration team is sorry to announce that your application to be a helper has failed the first stage of the application process. The reasons for this are as stated below:

- Lots of spelling errors including confusion between there and their.
- Several grammar errors such as putting spaces between types of punctuation. For example when using quotation marks " you do not need to leave a space:
"And then he said XXX" and after that I said "XXX"
Rather than " And then he said XXX " and after that I said " XXX ".

Otherwise you can't see whether the quotation marks are indicating the words in front or behind it are being quoted.

Please do not re-apply for the next 7 days. If you fail to follow this simple rule you may be perma-banned from applying to be a helper. Better luck next time

Yours faithfully,
The Helper Administration Team

Status
Not open for further replies.