Not open for further replies.

Terry The Bear

Donator
Helper Application

Section 1

IG name (Main account): Daniel_Wise
Alternate accounts: William_Jackson
Timezone (Compared to GMT, eg GMT +1 etc) GMT +1
Screen shot of /stats on your main account (You may only blur out your faction and faction rank):
samp067uw.png
Screen shot of your adminrecord (/myadminrecord)
samp068jp.png
How long have you played SA:MP? 2 and a half-3 years.
How long have you been RPing? 2 years, and a few months.
How long have you been on the server? Since the beginning of September 2010

Section 2

Why do you want to be a helper? (Min 100words) I want to be a helper because I have always loved to help people that really need help with something. I think that I got enough knowledge about the server, and enough RP skills, to become a helper. I have always wanted to become a helper, but last time I tried, it ended up at pending, but I guess that was because I didn't have enough knowledge and skills. I have always tried to make new players that I am helping, to stay, and learn them about how we roleplay here, how the script is, and what not to do. I want to help the community and the new players because I feel it is my turn to give something now.

Give an example of where you helped a newbie before giving full detail. (Min 50words) I was driving in montgomery, when I saw a new guy, or a guy I was pretty sure was new. I stopped and asked him if needed any help with anything. He asked me if I could show him around and give him some tips. I told him where he could buy clothes, get his paycheck, where the jobs and side jobs were, car dealerships and so on. I told him in OOC chat how we roleplay here, what not to do and such. And then I gave him a few thousand as a start for him.

What do you think is the purpose of helpers? (Min 100words) Well, the purpose of helpers must be that they are here to help people that wants to know a bit more about the server and such. The helpers must have enough knowledge about RP and the server. Enough to help people with it. They should be able to take the time it takes to explain a new player how the script works, what's not smart to do and such. Another purpose is also that the helpers are trained to help, they've gone through tests and such, so the new players are guaranteed a good answer. And I guess another purpose of the helper, is to help people, instead of admins doing it, so admins can concentrate at more important things.

If you became a helper, how much of your time would you dedicate to "helping", both IG and on the forums? I would use a lot of my time to help new players when there is nothing very special going on at the server. So I will dedicate a lot of my time to help.

Section 3

What is metagame? (Min 50words) Metagame(MG) is when someone is using Out Of Character(OOC) information In Character(IC). Let's say Person1 walks over to Person2 and says IC: "Hello, Person2. What country are you from? And what GMT do you got?"And if Person2 don't know Person1 IC, that would be metagaming. In this case, Person2 should tell Person1 that this is metagaming, and then Person2 should either learn him that, or tell him to go and read some RP guides.

What is powergame? (Min 50words) Powergame(PG) is when someone force RP something. One form for powergaming is: /me ties the mayor up with the tie he had in his hand, then throwing the mayor into the back seat of the car, closing the door. So powergaming can mean that you don't allow the other part to RP.

If a newbie asked you (Using the correct OOC method) what to do with the 4 numbers the just came up on the right hand side of their screen what would you respond? Please use your imagination and respond to any retorts you feel they may make (Retorts means follow up questions- and remember this is a brand new player) (Min 200 words) The 4 number under your money, is your payday. You must go to the town hall in Palomino Creek(if you don't know where that is, you could call a cab if you have a phone. The number is 444. And the command for calling something/someone is /call. So in this case: /call 444. If you don't have a phone, you can buy one at a general store. The general store is right over the road from where you spawned. If you need money, you can withdraw some from your bank account(if there is any money on it). Then you could walk to an ATM and write /atm. You must then buy a phone, and call the taxi). When you come to the town hall, you must enter it(You must walk slow(ALT+[The keys you use to walk with]), if you don't walk slowly, the admins may kick you for PR(Payday Rushing),(you must walk slowly both outside the exterior and inside the interior), other wise you will loose your paycheck), and walk slowly towards the dollar icon that's hovering in front of one of the desks. When you walk over to the hovering dollar sign, you must write /signcheck [The number], then at the text box, info will come, about how much money you got at your bank account, how much interest you got(You get 1 dollar in interest per thousand you got at your bank account). Then you must walk slowly out of the town hall.

If someone approaches you on the street while you are RPing (Say RPing getting your car fixed with a mechanic) and asks in /b "Where can I buy a car" what would you respond? (Min 100 words) Well, I would have told him to ask me at the IC chat. And when he asked me ICly, I would have told him nicely that there is 3 kinds of dealerships. The first one, that would probably be the dealership he should visit first, was the car dealership at Dillimore, where they sell non-luxury cars, such as Clover, Walton, Landstalker and such. The other one I would have told him about is the bike dealership at Dillimore, close to the garage. That is where they sell motorcycles, such as Sanchez, Quad, Freeway, Wayfarer and a few others. Then I would tell him where the exclusive car dealership is, which is in South Montgomery.

Describe your favourite RP experience on RCRP in full detail (Min 400 words) Well, my favorite RP experience would be... When I was in SANews, and two other members of SANews was going to interview a wanted person by the police and aperture. We drove from Montgomery to Fort Carson, to pick up the person. We then drove the abandoned airport, to interview him. We took out all of the equipment that we needed. We set it up, and everything was ready. We were right about to go live, then the High Command person that were with us, found out this was too unsafe, so she told us to turn our phones off, and get into the news van. We drove towards the sea, from the abandoned airport, to the little cottage north of the AA. We then stopped there, and looked around us. Then we RPed taking out all of the necessary equipment to interview the wanted person live. We set it up, and done everything ready again. Then High Command person told me and the other guy to walk up a hill, to guard for the police/aperture, while she was going to interview the wanted person. We climbed up each our hill, and guarded. The High Command person began the interview, after a few minutes we heard helicopters and sirens. We shouted at the High Command person that they were coming, while we ran down the hills. We got the equipment into the car, while she was interviewing the wanted person. The other guy got into the driving seat, and the High Command person told him to get us away. We got out on the Abandoned Airport when we saw the helicopters, police cars and the black sentinels searching for us. They noticed us very fast, and begun chasing us. They shot at us, so the tires wen't out first, so I guess it was hard for the other guy to drive. Then they shot at the vehicle, to make it explode. They didn't use more than 10 seconds to do all this. So we jumped out of the car, all four(so the interview stopped), and we ran each our way. I didn't get far away before they shot me, so I had to RP injuries. The PD cuffed me, and took hand of me, while the sentinels chased after the High Command person and the wanted guy. I got questioned about who the guy was, why I was there, why I evaded and all that.

What is the best faction on the server, and why? (Min 400 words) My opinion is that the Bone County Sheriff's Department is the best official faction at the server now. I mean it is the best faction because I think it is organized, professional and new. When the scripting and mapping of it is done, then I am sure the faction will be awesome. Because then we got the prison, and we got the "Field Operation Services". There will be a lot of options, on how you want to RP, if you are a member of the faction. You can RP as a prison guard, normal deputy, detective and a few other options too. Well, the main reason why I think this is the best faction, is because of the prison. It will bring a new kind of RP with it. And not only a new RP for the prison guards, but also the ones that will end up as the prisoners. After hearing, and looking at the ideas for it, I am pretty sure it will end up as a success. Another reason is because it is a law enforcement faction in bone county, and that's something I have been waiting for. A law enforcement faction that is located, and working in Bone County, is something that I have wanted since a long time ago. It also allows people that don't get accepted at the application for being a law enforcement officer, to get a chance to be a part of the B.C.S.D. Such as Mechanic, Parole Deputy, Community Service Deputy, Inspector, Helicopter crew and Dispatcher. Another reason of choosing B.C.S.D. as the best faction, is that I have always loved to be a law enforcement officer. So when I heard the B.C.S.D. was starting up, I decided to give it a try. And I also think that the leaders of this faction, is the ones that is most suitable for this, of course, there is a few others, but these are a few of them. I am a member of the B.C.S.D. now, and so far, it's awesome. The leaders have so far showed us both humor, professionalism and skills, and all of the three things, I something I think is necessary to have/show while being a leader of something. And so far, they have learnt us very well. So far I have nothing bad to say about the faction, therefore this is the best faction on server so far, in my opinion.

Section 4

Additional comments, here you should include any extra evidence of you helping newbies, or explanations for any bans you have undergone in the past. You may also add suggestions or comments about the helper team as a whole. The permanent ban was by Muys. He banned me for "Possibly vehicle hacks", but I posted a ban appeal right afterwards, telling him that me and a friend of mine were driving off road, with our huntleys, and suddenly I got banned. But he told me he unbanned me right after he banned me. And the other kicks/ajails is mainly from when I was new to the server, and the last one's Iis because of stupid mistakes/thing I didn't know was not allowed.

By posting this application I hereby declare that all of the above is true to the best of my knowledge, if I have lied and this is discovered by an admin then I will be banned IG and on the forum for 7days. I understand that if I have been banned from posting applications to be a helper either for a long period of time, or just temporarily I will not post this application until my ban time has run out or risk being perma banned from applying to be a helper and may face IG punishment.

Xtreme

Donator
To the thread starter,

The helper administration team is sorry to announce that your application to be a helper has failed the first stage of the application process. The reasons for this are as stated below:

- Could do better with grammar. (i.e: learnt should be taught)
- A few spelling mistakes. (i.e: lis, I think you meant lies?)

Take note that the above are only examples, there were a few more mistakes which lead to the denial of your application.

Please do not re-apply for the next 7 days. If you fail to follow this simple rule you may be perma-banned from applying to be a helper. Better luck next time

Yours faithfully,
The Helper Administration Team

Status
Not open for further replies.