[Helper application] Aaron Gasport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emcio

Donator
Helper Application

Section 1

IG name (Main account): Aaron Gasport.
Alternate accounts: Kevin Clinton, Abdoelazim Tsjabala, Nero Gianelli.
Timezone : GMT +1
Screen shot of /stats on your main account :
18gq6e.jpg
Screen shot of your adminrecord (/myadminrecord)
2ihr1cg.jpg
How long have you played SA:MP? 2 years in total, I guess.
How long have you been RPing? 7 months of serious RPing.
How long have you been on the server? Something like 7 months?

Section 2

Why do you want to be a helper? (Min 100words) I want to help the people that deem neccesary. Often I see helpers helping in the wrong way. That's my opinion. If you really want to help someone you don't just MG and say where it is, you also don't say ; Find out ICly without any further information. What you do is, you give him proper direction where to look for or what to do. The steps the player need to take is essential to me. It's important that he learns how to discover things and not with only the help of other people. Many people actually do not see this which I do not like one bit.

Give an example of where you helped a newbie before giving full detail. (Min 50words) Well he was at the DMV in Montgomery he was mixing IC and OOC. So I took my time and helped him. He obviously cheated the quiz because he just didn't know anything. I told him the basics of RolePlaying and the difference between IC and OOC. I also told him how to use /me's and /do's. I really don't know what happened to the guy, I'd like to know what he's doing now.

What do you think is the purpose of helpers? (Min 100words) The purpose of being a helper is to be friendly and polite but also provide correct information. I've seen way too many (-ex)helpers in the past that were doing it way too wrong in my opinion. MG'ing names or not saying anything and just typing : Find out ICly without any further information. I think that you need to give the proper tips and hints to find something. The player needs to do something instead of being taken care of, they need to be pushed into the right direction so that they can learn and discover by theirselves and not with just the help of others. They need to put

If you became a helper, how much of your time would you dedicate to "helping", both IG and on the forums? A lot. I'm currently putting my time in just one faction ; BCSD. Whenever I get bored I'll just go off duty and seek for something to do. I think this can make my time usefull.

Section 3

What is metagame? (Min 50words) Metagame means using OOC information ICly. For example ; A guy crashed with his bike into a tree, he was RPing being hurt and was unable to move. I called the FD. I saw his motorcycle laying on the ground and used several /me's to steal it. I asked if the keys were still in the ignition, he confirmed. I then asked to /givesharedkey, because that's what neccesary for me to drive his motorcycle. He then, didn't answer me and waited for the cops, after that he said to the cops, "Officer, my bike is gonna be stolen by this guy" and pointed towards me. Then the Cop answered telling him not to MG because I already had RPly stolen his bike but was waiting for his /givesharedkey. This was a fine example of a random guy Metagaming. He used OOC information in an IC situation.

What is powergame? (Min 50words) Powergaming means doing stuff that is not in your reach. Let's say I arrest a suspect, I taze and cuff him and put him in the back of my cruiser. Normally, a person wouldn't be able to do anything, because of the schock he received and the cuff. If that person begins to RP /me breaks his cuffs, breaks the door(which I locked) and runs away. That would be impossible for a normal human to do, this is what we call Powergaming.

If a newbie asked you (Using the correct OOC method) what to do with the 4 numbers the just came up on the right hand side of their screen what would you respond? Please use your imagination and respond to any retorts you feel they may make (Retorts means follow up questions- and remember this is a brand new player) (Min 200 words) I would probably respond like : That number is the number for you paycheck. You get over to the Town Hall and type /signcheck *number*. In addition to receive this number you will need to have been playing a minimum of 31 minutes. If you don't know what time it is buy a watch from a general store and type /showtime. After you've wrote the /signcheck *number* you will receive money and experience points. If you have a job you will earn money by each payday. However, you need to be level 2 to get a job. Anyways, the experience points that you've earned can be used for several things. 1. You can /buylevel, this means that you will use the experience points to buy a new level, let's say from level 2 to 3. You can also use those experience points for your weapon skill. You need to be in an ammunation to use that command though. The maximum amount of levels of the weapon skill is 10. If you've achieved this, you'll be able to walk while shooting, with walk I mean, strafing from left to right. If you have the weapon 9mm, you'll automatically have 2 if you have weaponskilllevel 10 that is. The higher level you get the more money you earn, simple as that.

If someone approaches you on the street while you are RPing (Say RPing getting your car fixed with a mechanic) and asks in /b "Where can I buy a car" what would you respond? (Min 100 words) I would respond with ; You can buy cars from dealers and from players. I suggest you buy it from players because the mileage doesn't really matter. When you buy one from the shop it'll automatically have 0 mileage. It's nice to drive a car with 0 mileagle on it rather than a used one but I'd go for the cheap one. Anyways, after buying that you'll probably crash your car or damage it. The costs for sports cars are pretty dang expensive, I suggest you buy a cheap car to begin with. If you are unable to drive you vehicle because of the amount of damage, you can get the mechanic job and drive a towtruck. Or, you could also ask a mechanic for help.

Describe your favourite RP experience on RCRP in full detail (Min 400 words) Well this one was definitely with the Outfit. Well there was this trade we had going with a certain family. They came up to me and asked if I or someone I know needed materials. I thought about it and thought why not? So I went to the restaurant and told the story. They were quite interested because of the fact that we were in need of weapons. We could use the materials to make weapons so we decided to buy some. We gathered all the members, told 'em to come over to the HQ, which was the restaurant. We talked it over and told what was going to happen. We divided the money into two sport bags and went to the house with four vehicles. We had to take a different route because of the fact that the police was informed. Every one of us was armed and ready to fire. We made a special formation with the cars, the important guys in the car that was driving in the middle. We arrived at the our destinations and were welcomed by two individuals. The deal went good, we had a few difficulties here and there but it went nice and easy. The materials were all stored inside a black van. They gave us the van because of the fact that we had this deal that was huge and also profitable for them. So we were driving the van back to our property when we suddenly got attacked near Montgomery. They shot at us with Ak-47's and other automatic machine guns and rifles. We quickly secured the van and started to shoot back. They were about 4 people and we were with over 8. So the shoot-out kinda went in our favour, we killed 3 and one of them was extremely bad injured. He was on the verge of death. We asked for whom he worked for, he chose to remain silent. We took the guy's weapon and took him into our vehicle, we started to interrogate him. The problem was, he wasn't telling us anything. We forced him but without any succes. We then decided to put a bullet in his head and be done with it, dump his body into the water in Los Santos. Right at that moment when we were interrogating him, the sounds of sirens came into our ears. The RCSD was on its way to get us, a witness called 911. We managed to evade the cops by shooting at their vehicles. A bunch of 'em came and we succesfully evaded. We then killed the guy who came to kill us and took the materials to our property. We dumped the van into the water and made quite a few weapons with the amount of materials we bought. It was a very interesting RPing situation to be in, getting shot like that in all of a sudden by Hitman.

What is the best faction on the server, and why? (Min 400 words) Most people will say that the government factions are the ones with the most interesting RP but I'm kinda disagree with that. I'm a correctional deputy myself now, it's extremely fun in the B.C.S.D. The faction is new, people are getting used to our presence. It's a good thing that we do this kinda stuff, normally only the Red County part would be taken care off, sometimes chases would end up in FC without too much assistance. So I think it's pretty good that the B.C.S.D. exists. We are able to cover whole Bone County now. Also, when the prison gets scripted the RPing opportunities will expand. Gangs can make secret plans and RP serving time. Another faction that also appeals to me is The Outfit. I've been in the Outfit for quite a time and enjoyed every second. We RP'ed everything, showing how we work in the restaurant and what not. We went into shoot-out's, evaded cops and went to meetings. This was a very usefull experience to me, I learned how to RP properly. Seeing other good RP'ers around you makes you learn things way much faster. It gives you an opportunity to observe and fix the glitches in your RPing. Another faction that is interesting to me is the SADVLA. When I was in the SADVLA I decided to RP an extremely strict driving instructor named Tom Dixon. I'd fail people for the smallest mistakes. Most of them couldn't take it OOCly and started to file reports to the HQ. The HQ was fine with it, Tom Dixon was able to continue his job. My time in that faction was really really funny. For Example : I would tell a student to drive slowly. At that time another car passes by and overtakes us. My character couldn't stand that ICly so I would make the student overtake the vehicle that just passed us again. It was so interesting to RP that, people's reactions were mixed. Some liked it and others did not and starts whining. I decided to give up on that because of the fact it bored me and I had applied for the RCSD. My time in the RCSD was a good experience. We went to raid houses with hostages in it and I saw how the SWAT Team(had another name back then can't remember) were operating. They came with a helicopter and went inside the house from above. It was very interesting to see.

Section 4

Additional comments, here you should include any extra evidence of you helping newbies, or explanations for any bans you have undergone in the past. You may also add suggestions or comments about the helper team as a whole. Well, most of the bans come from the time that I just started. I fucked up loads of times and didn't RP much. Jazzy decided to give me one final chance to play and I took it. I can say that I've learned from that looking at the bans I got. It's been like 2 months or so for the last complaint against me, I can say that I matured in my RP. I help newbies as much as possible if I find that they have the right attitude and are willing to learn. I'm quite suprised actually that I've put this much effort in just a helper status. I hope my further encounters with newbies will satisfy the effort I put in.

By posting this application I hereby declare that all of the above is true to the best of my knowledge, if I have lied and this is discovered by an admin then I will be banned IG and on the forum for 7days. I understand that if I have been banned from posting applications to be a helper either for a long period of time, or just temporarily I will not post this application until my ban time has run out or risk being perma banned from applying to be a helper and may face IG punishment.

Mark_Fleur

Retired Admin
To the thread starter,

The helper administration team is sorry to announce that your application to be a helper has failed the first stage of the application process. The reasons for this are as stated below:

-On some questions you deviated greatly from the initial question during your answer while not fully answering the question.
-You made several spelling and grammar errors
-Parts of certain replies were incoherent.

Please do not re-apply for the next 7 days. If you fail to follow this simple rule you may be perma-banned from applying to be a helper. Better luck next time

Yours faithfully,
The Helper Administration Team

Status
Not open for further replies.