What's new

Help with Roleplaying

Status
Not open for further replies.

iPwnUrDadHD

Hello there. I need the help of some really good RPers around here but i just do not know where to start.

First of before you go an tell me to go "Read the RP guide" Thanks.. but no thanks. Because i have read the RP guide learned some from it..but it isn't enough for this. I need someone that can teach me Roleplaying into a much more in depth and detail with a specific subject.

I want to roleplay in this server as a hired hitman.. but i do not want to be that boring ass hitman that just kills and gets money.. i want to know how to exactly RP as a hitmen and how to RP getting into the situations that hitmen would be in and getting the jobs that hitmen have.

So please anybody that is interested and can help me PM me on the site and thank you very much.

Also since i haven't been here in a while.. happy late new year everybody :D

Mark_Fleur

Retired Admin
Hello there.

First off could you put your signature in a spoiler ie use [*spoiler][*/spoiler] as it is far too long.

Secondly you need, in m opinion, a strong knowledge of such things in real life. Not being a hitman in real life of course, but do some research. Just in case I have researched lots of poisons, I know their effects, the time it takes for them to act, how to produce them and if there is a "cure" as it were. Also I RP a doctor- which helps a lot as I both RPly know about the human anatomy and systems eg respiratory, circulatory etc and how you can use them against people in either torture or death.
Many people who like to RP murder/hitmen like activities usually stab people in the leg or stomach twist it around till they get the information they need then shoot them. What you need to do really though is be in complete control of the situation, you need to play on your victims fears. If they're scared of heights take them up onto a bridge, scared of water? Take the out on a boat, scared of water and heights? Go to a bridge over a body of water. An ideal way into getting information on where your target may be, or any other information they need is to attack lower "ranked" individuals, friends or relatives with less protection and get the information out of them. I've found that guns in an RP rarely intimidate people- buy a toolkit, tie them to a chair in a caravan in the middle of nowhere and put your toolkit down and just start sorting through it with /me's occasionally mumbling about the claw hammer, stanley knife and 3 inch nails.
Look up online: The fingernail factory
It's a nickname for where international spies get tortured and gives ideas. Likewise don't shoot people to kill them, it's boring. Hold their head underwater, slit an artery and hang them upside down by a meathook till all the blood drains out of them like you would with a deer. Freeze them to death, burn them, do something original rather than "/me shoots you in the head".

Getting the initial information is difficult, so is finding people and getting to them. Kidnap is always obvious. Saying you're a member of the police while wearing a mask is stand out hitman on this server. Driving behind someone about 10metres behind them RPly waiting till they stop while wearing a mask and get out and say you know them is also stand out hitman on this server.
Find out where they hang out, go there and ask around. If they have a nice car, be interested in it, offer to buy it, but always too cheap and then act like you're trying to get a good deal for it by being nice to them. If they hold parties then go to them, get them drunk and act friendly. If they like sex, get whores for him/her. Become their best short term friend is my suggestion. If you can't do that, become a "member" as it were, be there for them, offer them drugs and guns etc. If you can't do that then go about finding something that hurts them perhaps. Talk to people who know them- torture them for information on where they live perhaps. Act as someone who you aren't but never choose law enforcement unless you have the car and the skin! Always be original

As for getting the jobs in the first place you'll struggle without a doubt. Killing people is "big business" and shouldn't be taken lightly, perhaps offer the first hit for a certain group for free or a reduced price. Find out about gangs around and about and find out their affiliations, no point starting to work for a gang who is "friendly" or "allied" to every other gang ever in the existance in the world except one which has 1 member who logs in at midnight every other sunday...
While working for a wanted gang in a big war is dangerous it may be your easiest way to get work. They'll want hits on certain other gang members who they're enemies with occasionally- not always, but when worst comes to worst.
Also if you're good at your job don't be afraid to switch sides. If you're that good and you work for "The highest bidder" then the other side won't trust you at first but after a few hits they will and they'll forget about you killing their members. IF you are exceptionally good you can play both sides at once without them knowing. One side will have an unknwon hitman to the other side, the other side likewise, only you know that there's only the one hitman!

Remember though don't just go up to a group and be like "Do you want a hitman?", make it subtle. Go up to groups who look shifty and see if you can buy a gun or some drugs, or try and sell some. If they seem to be taking the bait then they're illegals, subtly suggest that you could be a useful pest eliminator for them if the price is right, give them your contact details, perhaps just your number, no name, no address and tell them to contact you. They might contact you in 2 minutes, or 2 week, or 2 months or never, but that's the only way you'll ever get anywhere with being a private hitman!

One final suggestion is that if you hear of other hitmen working, then follow them around if you can, see who they work with/for then try and CK them yourself and steal their jobs. Just before they die do /me bends down and starts to pat your body. /do Do I find a phone, notebook or PDA?
Expect a /do Yes, if you don't get it then see if you can find their cars/house etc and RPly search them afterwards. When you get something then eg /do Yes I have a phone on me. Ask if when scrolling through the texts/contacts you find anything significant to do with your "job" and take that information- whether it be names, numbers, dates or potential targets. Go to their old bosses and say their previous hitman had an accident and you're his replacement, ask them for the details and bam you're off!

Note: I am NOT in the hitman faction. I am an advisor to several members of the faction (Who I cannot and will not reveal) because of my RL expertise in many areas which effect their "job". Neither have I RPly ever carried out a hit using the character "Mark_Fleur", this is merely all observation and intellectually based. If anyone wants more information, ideas etc so forth then feel free to PM me or post here- I see hitman "research" as a hobby of sorts that I do rather enjoy.

iPwnUrDadHD

Mark_Fleur said:
Hello there.

First off could you put your signature in a spoiler ie use [*spoiler][*/spoiler] as it is far too long.

Secondly you need, in m opinion, a strong knowledge of such things in real life. Not being a hitman in real life of course, but do some research. Just in case I have researched lots of poisons, I know their effects, the time it takes for them to act, how to produce them and if there is a "cure" as it were. Also I RP a doctor- which helps a lot as I both RPly know about the human anatomy and systems eg respiratory, circulatory etc and how you can use them against people in either torture or death.
Many people who like to RP murder/hitmen like activities usually stab people in the leg or stomach twist it around till they get the information they need then shoot them. What you need to do really though is be in complete control of the situation, you need to play on your victims fears. If they're scared of heights take them up onto a bridge, scared of water? Take the out on a boat, scared of water and heights? Go to a bridge over a body of water. An ideal way into getting information on where your target may be, or any other information they need is to attack lower "ranked" individuals, friends or relatives with less protection and get the information out of them. I've found that guns in an RP rarely intimidate people- buy a toolkit, tie them to a chair in a caravan in the middle of nowhere and put your toolkit down and just start sorting through it with /me's occasionally mumbling about the claw hammer, stanley knife and 3 inch nails.
Look up online: The fingernail factory
It's a nickname for where international spies get tortured and gives ideas. Likewise don't shoot people to kill them, it's boring. Hold their head underwater, slit an artery and hang them upside down by a meathook till all the blood drains out of them like you would with a deer. Freeze them to death, burn them, do something original rather than "/me shoots you in the head".

Getting the initial information is difficult, so is finding people and getting to them. Kidnap is always obvious. Saying you're a member of the police while wearing a mask is stand out hitman on this server. Driving behind someone about 10metres behind them RPly waiting till they stop while wearing a mask and get out and say you know them is also stand out hitman on this server.
Find out where they hang out, go there and ask around. If they have a nice car, be interested in it, offer to buy it, but always too cheap and then act like you're trying to get a good deal for it by being nice to them. If they hold parties then go to them, get them drunk and act friendly. If they like sex, get whores for him/her. Become their best short term friend is my suggestion. If you can't do that, become a "member" as it were, be there for them, offer them drugs and guns etc. If you can't do that then go about finding something that hurts them perhaps. Talk to people who know them- torture them for information on where they live perhaps. Act as someone who you aren't but never choose law enforcement unless you have the car and the skin! Always be original

As for getting the jobs in the first place you'll struggle without a doubt. Killing people is "big business" and shouldn't be taken lightly, perhaps offer the first hit for a certain group for free or a reduced price. Find out about gangs around and about and find out their affiliations, no point starting to work for a gang who is "friendly" or "allied" to every other gang ever in the existance in the world except one which has 1 member who logs in at midnight every other sunday...
While working for a wanted gang in a big war is dangerous it may be your easiest way to get work. They'll want hits on certain other gang members who they're enemies with occasionally- not always, but when worst comes to worst.
Also if you're good at your job don't be afraid to switch sides. If you're that good and you work for "The highest bidder" then the other side won't trust you at first but after a few hits they will and they'll forget about you killing their members. IF you are exceptionally good you can play both sides at once without them knowing. One side will have an unknwon hitman to the other side, the other side likewise, only you know that there's only the one hitman!

Remember though don't just go up to a group and be like "Do you want a hitman?", make it subtle. Go up to groups who look shifty and see if you can buy a gun or some drugs, or try and sell some. If they seem to be taking the bait then they're illegals, subtly suggest that you could be a useful pest eliminator for them if the price is right, give them your contact details, perhaps just your number, no name, no address and tell them to contact you. They might contact you in 2 minutes, or 2 week, or 2 months or never, but that's the only way you'll ever get anywhere with being a private hitman!

One final suggestion is that if you hear of other hitmen working, then follow them around if you can, see who they work with/for then try and CK them yourself and steal their jobs. Just before they die do /me bends down and starts to pat your body. /do Do I find a phone, notebook or PDA?
Expect a /do Yes, if you don't get it then see if you can find their cars/house etc and RPly search them afterwards. When you get something then eg /do Yes I have a phone on me. Ask if when scrolling through the texts/contacts you find anything significant to do with your "job" and take that information- whether it be names, numbers, dates or potential targets. Go to their old bosses and say their previous hitman had an accident and you're his replacement, ask them for the details and bam you're off!

Note: I am NOT in the hitman faction. I am an advisor to several members of the faction (Who I cannot and will not reveal) because of my RL expertise in many areas which effect their "job". Neither have I RPly ever carried out a hit using the character "Mark_Fleur", this is merely all observation and intellectually based. If anyone wants more information, ideas etc so forth then feel free to PM me or post here- I see hitman "research" as a hobby of sorts that I do rather enjoy.

This is the type of reply i wanted.

Your help has actually helped me a bit so far.. but the thing is.. im a decent roleplayer.. not a good one but decent.. and i want to roleplay as a hitman but i want to do it professionally. Now here is the problem im having

1 How can i get weapons. Yes i know you said using guns is boring and i agree with you.. your methods of torture and intimidation are very good. But a hitman without guns is no hitman. Now onto my problem. How can i get a weapon (guns) if Civilians cannot get guns? You have to be in a faction to get weapons and a hitman is never in a certain gang/mafia ain't that right? Or no?

2 How do i start? Like i can try all of your pointers but whenever i get in game and try i just do not know when to start! And then i will end up running pointlessly around Red County waiting for my paycheck.

3 My uhh "inspiration" for being a Hitman is Alexander Solonik a badass motherfucking hitman that killed over 300 people. Now don't get the wrong idea..im not a fan of crime nor do intend to do crime in real life and nor do i agree with people like him do in this world. But you have to admit some of them.. their work was pretty badass.. look him up if you get the chance. Now since im "inspired" by this guy.. he wasn't as creative or as intelligent as some like Richard Kuklinski who used everything.. from poisons to crossbows to his bare hands to kill people. Solonik was just a badass motherfucker that knew how to fight and get out of situations easily. Now what i REALLY want to learn is how properly have a good RP that is hand to hand combat. My character is an ex Military and ex Convict.. he supposedly KNOWS how to fight.. but i absolutely DO NOT know how to fight in game.. because whenever i try to do something "professional" im 95% sure that whoever im fighting will think it's unrealistic. If anything my character should beat any civilian or anyone untrained in combat unless they get a lucky shot or if im outnumbered. Which leads me to number 4.

4. Can one single person be able to beat multiple men in hand to hand combat? Without people complaining saying it is unrealistic because it is damn sure realistic if you know well trained fighting sport/style like Krav Maga

5. What level do you recommend me to be until i start all of this? I am level 1 but i have been here before so i know how to roleplay but that was.. a long time ago... in fact i even remember you Mark_Fleur when you weren't even an admin.

Now enough with the hand to hand combat and back to murdering.

Is creating a fake Arperture or Police ID allowed? Like you said i can tell them im with the police but what if they ask for identification?

What is your suggestion or having Allies? Not talking about having 30 men back you up. But what is your opinion on having that one person you trust who woks in your line of work?

Your torture suggestions just gave me some ideas but I really have no patience to read... i would appreciate if you would send me a few techniques of poisons or anything interesting that involves unique torture or murder techniques. I will research this stuff as well.. but since you already know some il be grateful if you send me some techniques.

Thank you very much for your very interesting Post!

Frisker

Donator
Well pretty much the whining comes if you try to beat 4 guys at once, since there aren't much people who could do that. Yes if you knew Krav Maga of course you'd pwn them but if you could do it, why couldn't anyone else do it in the server? That's the point, if one can do it suddenly everyone knows krav maga and all that shit :p
So it's just better not to even try to beat up 4 guys at once.

And the weapons, civilians can get weapons, you just have to find yourself a dealer. They're usually in gangs, and they may be unfriendly at first since they're paranoid of cops and shit. Just offer them reasonable price and try to get their trust so they deal you some.

Mark_Fleur

Retired Admin
1) Weapons- weapons I agree to an extent may be needed. You need to either get a weapon license and legally obtain a shotgun or handgun from an ammunation- but this does cost a bomb (The weapon license is 80k itself!). My second recommendation would to be trying to buy off of a gang- but again as Frisker said this can be risky- and if you ever die or get arrested you'll lose your weapon- even if it's by an OOC freak accident! Finally I'm not sure on the OOC legality of this, but I'll mention it as a thinking point anyway, you could join certain legal factions which have weapons and just store some in your car for a later date- don't sell them as this is OOCly illegal. But after you leave the faction as long as the weapons are OOCly allowed (Eg M4's and sniper rifles are NOT allowed outside of official factions) then you could just hold onto them.

2) At first you'll suck major balls, my advise is infact to get to level 2 first, do fishing and sidejobs etc so forth and go get yourself a car of sorts and carry on earning money for a little while. Eventually when you have a car, have a weapon of sorts and have an idea of what you're doing go and find someone and perhaps "experiment" on them. See if you can kidnap/capture them or sweet talk them and see if you can tie them up and RP well and see how well you can RPly kill them. If there's any /b complaining then read it and think about it, when people are in situations like that they get pissed off and look for the smallest of flaws. If you took them to a place that would be RPly packed with people and you don't realize (Eg an airport etc) then they'll rage at you and point it out, thank them and RP it, gtfo out of there :p lol Remember to takes print screens in F8 in case a complaint in filed to prove you're right ;) After that go up to a gang (If you RPed it well) and start chatting as best you can, gain their trust etc and offer your services, say you've done it before (Won't be a lie now ;) )- and if you want take pictures while you're doing it (The original "hit" aka cold blooded murder) using a camera and RPly show them to the gang members like "Yeah you think I'm shitting you?" Lol ;)

3) Cool inspiration is good for RP.

4) Once you reach level 10 you can learn new fight styles at the gym- get to that level and maybe taking on 2 people at once would be acceptable. But hitmen should never need to take anyone on except their primary target- if you're good ;) I know it's realistic in some cases there are people who could absolutley massacre 8 other people in hand to hand combat, but we can't distinguish that on the server, so for now 1 on 1 or maybe 2 on one is the best possible "fight ratio" you can hope for. Though describing yourself in /do as perhaps "Very wide and muscular, roughly 6 foot 2 inches tall" etc etc then it gets less RP for people to fuck with you in hand to hand combat.

5) As I said sidejobs and odd jobs till level 2. From there it's your choice, refer to 1) and you can see I suggested joining and official legal faction and getting some weapons from them and keeping the OOCly legal ones when you quit! Or just bum around a bit ;) Indeed I've not been an admin that long lol :)

Creating a fake badge is possible. You should say /me shows you a fake police badge and then do a /do saying- "If you can RPly identify fake from real police badges use a /attempt to see if you can identify this one". It's a 50:50 chance it'll either say successfully or failed, and you RP off that.

I'd suggest always have a friend or two. I've known hitmen who ask for backup from one of my other characters who is Icly a bit of a nutter that's where all my torture shit goes ICly, but yeah they ask for backup, split profits etc. easy job done sort of thing, but don't call them in EVERY job or you may as well work as a group naturally and that's not very hitman styling...

I may send you some suggestions if you're nice to me ;)

Frisker

Donator
Mark, I'm afraid that the legal faction weapons thingy isn't too allowed. I think it counts as faction weapons abuse, so I suggest you to even get the license as Mark said or the risky way of buying them from gangs.

Mark_Fleur

Retired Admin
Frisker said:
Mark, I'm afraid that the legal faction weapons thingy isn't too allowed. I think it counts as faction weapons abuse, so I suggest you to even get the license as Mark said or the risky way of buying them from gangs.

Hey I'm only an admin I don't know everything ;) Lol, okay just don't do that. But yeah the other two work- OR if you're a total boss try and mug a guy who has a gun, though if he pulls it out you're screwed RPly ;) lol, try knocking him out first :p

Also I'm worried at how much Frisker is keeping up to date on this thread- wanna be a hitman Frisker? ;) Think you got the balls? ;) lol

Frisker

Donator
Mark_Fleur said:
Frisker said:

Hey I'm only an admin I don't know everything ;) Lol, okay just don't do that. But yeah the other two work- OR if you're a total boss try and mug a guy who has a gun, though if he pulls it out you're screwed RPly ;) lol, try knocking him out first :p

Also I'm worried at how much Frisker is keeping up to date on this thread- wanna be a hitman Frisker? ;) Think you got the balls? ;) lol

Nah I don't wanna be hitman, I'm just keeping track on the thread to see how it progresses, so I can help this guy further. Y'know I enjoy helping people.

And your question, no, I never thought I would RP being an hitman since I know that I wouldn't be cabable of doing it. Not saying that my RP skills would be too bad but I lack the imagination and creativity of it, and the interest. I'd rather bust hitmen's balls in RCSD, law enforcement RP is the right for me, not hitman stuff.

I just like to help him, that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.