What's new

[HELP] Steam version + SA-MP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Specter

Donator
Hey guys! I'm not sure if I'm posting in the correct place but I guess it's okay since it isn't host/server related. I have the steam version of the game and I'm having a hard time getting it to work with Steam, tried several "solutions" but none of them worked. I can't ask for a Steam refund since the game was bought a long time ago. Does any of you know how to make this work?

Thanks!

Hitman47

Donator
Specter said:
Hey guys! I'm not sure if I'm posting in the correct place but I guess it's okay since it isn't host/server related. I have the steam version of the game and I'm having a hard time getting it to work with Steam, tried several "solutions" but none of them worked. I can't ask for a Steam refund since the game was bought a long time ago. Does any of you know how to make this work?

Thanks!

I believe you should downgrade it with a crack.. Try that. :thumbup:

JoelASDF

I suggest you copy the steam's version, so you have 2 GTA.

The normal GTA and a copy of the normal GTA in which you can install mods, edit it, or crack it, so that makes that you don't need to search for another GTA file.

Once you have two versions, you'll need to search for the gta-sa crack. Try searching gta-sa.exe 1.0 crack, and follow the instructions given whenever you find the file. SA-MP does Not work with steam's GTA SA (3.0) so you will have to downgrade it, which it will be simple (as far as I know) as replacing the main GTA executable with the crack and it will let you play.

Codac

Donator
To put it simply, the Steam version is garbage.
I can't publicly put a link to download the game, but if you want I'll private message you a link. Mod free, all you have to do is extract the game to wherever you want (I made my own Rockstar Games folder inside Program Files) and install SA-MP to that directory.

Also, the section this should be posted in is the help section. I wouldn't be surprised if an administrator moves it there.

Codac

Donator
Specter said:
Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I solved the problem and I'm back in-game, see you there! :D
Great to hear!

Status
Not open for further replies.