What's new

Help, I can't reinstall SAMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldi

Platinum Member
Alright when I came home and tried to join SAMP, I couldn't find the .exe file anywhere, so I had to reinstall SAMP.
Every time I download it, my AntiVirus treats it as a threat and automatically removes the file. When I tried turning off the AntiVirus and install SAMP, there's an ''Error'' message that pops up during the installation.
Once you press ''OK'' the installation automatically cancels. Any idea what can I do?

Benson.

Donator
Oldi said:
Alright when I came home and tried to join SAMP, I couldn't find the .exe file anywhere, so I had to reinstall SAMP.
Every time I download it, my AntiVirus treats it as a threat and automatically removes the file. When I tried turning off the AntiVirus and install SAMP, there's an ''Error'' message that pops up during the installation.
Once you press ''OK'' the installation automatically cancels. Any idea what can I do?

What kind of antivirus is it?

Wolfgang

Donator
If it's 'AntiVir', I'd recommend you disable both guard and webguard. These two delete all the necessary dll files and some .exe (at some points). Perhaps some of your installation files were harmed and some essential files were deleted by the antivirus. Re-download after having guard and webguard disabled, that should do the trick. :thumbup:

Yassin

Retired Admin
The error messages that pop during the installation are probably due to the sampgui which is a type of GTA font. To overcome this, do the following:

1) Restart PC.
2) Disable Anti-Virus.
3) Download SAMP again.
4) Reinstall SAMP into your directory.
5) Enable Anti-Virus.
6 Play SA-MP.

Its simple, the antivirus blocks the download and install, disabling should help that. The fonts don't allow the install to go smoothly, so restarting your PC should help that. If there are any more questions, feel free to ask.

Jim

Retired Admin
I will leave this topic open for another day or so, after that it will be L&A.

Cheers,

Jim :)

Yassin

Retired Admin
Next time, this will have to be posted in Technical Support. Anyways, what's the status on your game?

Oldi

Platinum Member
Unknown said:
Next time, this will have to be posted in Technical Support. Anyways, what's the status on your game?
I somehow managed to play SA-MP, still kinda' bugged but anyway, thanks. :luvrcrp:

Status
Not open for further replies.