What's new

[GUIDE] How to use better English in your Roleplay.

nutcracker21

Hello folks! I would like to share a guide how to use an better english in your Rp.

First, the use of English in /me

All subjects that begin with a person's name, he, she, it, etc. must be followed by the first form of the verb (s/es) because the /me format indicates the name of the character we are playing, so it must be followed by the first form of the verb. . Here's an example:

/me slides out his pack of Marlboro from underneath his vest as he fishes out for a piece.

/me reaches out his phone as he receives an unknown number incoming call.

and many more.

The format above is not necessarily completely correct, because basically I made this thread based on my own knowledge.

Third, the use of indefinite sentences (a/an)
A is used when the object to be mentioned begins with a consonant letter
for example (gun, drugs, bicycle)

Example of use with /me format:
/me receives a gun from John, saves it in his bag and leaves the criminal scene quickly.

An is used when the object to be mentioned begins with a vowel (a, i, u, e, o) and the letter whose name still contains a vowel (m, n, etc.)

examples (apple, intimidating, unaudible, eagle, orphan)

/me hands an envelope filled with currencies as he sends a friendly smile at him.

Fourth, use plural (more than one noun).

All nouns that end in letters ( x, y, h, s, o, ch, and z ) must end with the suffix ( es ). Apart from the letters contained, you must use the ending (s).

/me frowns his eyebrows in envy after he learns that Paul has received a lot of cash.

Last but not least, the use of "as"

"as" here is interpreted as "when/because."

Second, the English format in /me

using the gerund verb (ing). Finally, if you use the word as (subject he, she, it) it is recommended to use the first form of the verb (s/es).

Credit to : Agus Dapvagokil.

jcsef

Silver Member
you must also end every sentence with -.. to add emphasis

What the-..?

Hello sir, I am Trooper Cambridge with the SASP-..

etc.