What's new

[GUIDE] How to aquire a firearm

warcry

Silver Member
rcfm-png.18658
How to get a gun as a new player on Red County Roleplay
Warcry's guide on how to get a gun

Hello, guys. Lately I have been receiveing a lot of questions about how to aquire weapons on the server and I decided to make a guide for you.
When I first started playing on Red County Roleplay back in 2017 I also had the same question and I was just running around asking people for guns and I just kept on getting scammed for a while until I realised that the reason was the way I was approaching things.
Most of you guys get scammed when trying to buy guns because you run up to random people and just ask them if they're selling one, which obviously makes them take advantage of that and scam you. What I suggest you guys to do is to focus your character development for a little bit before trying to get a gun because it really matters. Your character needs a good reason to own a firearm, so focus on that.

There are a few ways to get a gun on this server, both legal and illegal. I'm going to start with the legal method, which is applying for a firearm permit on the SASP forums. If you get a firearms permit, you are going to be able to buy a gun from the Ammunation Store ( Either Deagle or 9MM for PFA A ). Please note that applying for a firearm permit and doing illegal things with it such as joining an illegal group is very unrealistic and should not be done.

SASP Licensing Center - https://sasp.redcountyrp.com/viewforum.php?f=119

Now, moving to the illegal way to get a weapon.

You can join an illegal faction; (https://forum.redcountyrp.com/forums/factions.1852/) and develop your character into gunplay. In my opinion this is the best way to do it as you're going to have a fun in the meantime especially right now when there's a lot of action between factions. Keep in mind that not everything resumes to having a gun and using it on people. I'm pretty sure that if you stick to roleplay, you're going to like passive roleplay more than shootouts at some point because the actual people leading factions at this point are very cool dudes that come up with great roleplay ideas for their members.

You can do solo roleplay and come up with an idea to develop your character to be a strawmen. I have been using this method for a while now and in my opinion this is also a great place to start from. You guys just got to get creative and figure out a realistic way that your character could use to get weapons. Besides all the illegal stuff, there's also more to it as you start engaging with people in character. If you wish to see an example of a strawmen's character development, you guys can view the following threads :

https://forum.redcountyrp.com/threads/like-seeing-all-that-shit-wasnt-enough.197231/ - This is my character, Dexter Welch. He's an ex military that has some connections with people that are still serving and are corrupt.
After killing one of Las Venturas Mafia's member, Dexter had to get rid of his weapon so he sold it to a local gangster from Blueberry. Due to the fact that he was also extremely low on cash at that time and basically hit rock bottom, the fact that he made money that easy made him and his friend, Lucas, consider getting in touch with their old colleague, Michael who could provide them weaponry and probably cocaine to push on the streets which they ultimately do after a few days.

https://forum.redcountyrp.com/threads/wrong-path-to-success.203609/ - @Bico character; He is using online methods to aqurire weapons and sell them to people for money.

https://forum.redcountyrp.com/threads/d-b-cooper.193199/page-8#post-2522157 - @Steelo ; Due to his daughter being extremely sick and his job not paying enough for her treatment, Steelo's character resorts to getting involved in criminal activities such as dealing weapons to support her.

https://forum.redcountyrp.com/threads/most-hated-c-ro.203201/ - @TyDolla
Tre Crooks is an Afro-American male hailing from the projects of Idlewood, he moved to Palomino Creek many years later, as a kid he was exposed to the local gang-members very early in life-- he was subjected to the norm at that point, he used to observe from a distance all day whilst he was assisting his father at their corner store. At the time of his adolesceence there was a gang within the area named the Eight Trays. As a young child, the lights, water and other utilities were turned off in the home constantly. His family was struggling to survive. In order to eat-- he had to steal, even for clothes and other necessities. The younger part of his childhood was him being sent to juvenile, and placement upstate due to his reckless behaviour. He'd often get caught for minor stick ups and robberies. He would ditch school, even pick up a smoking habit from hanging around the older guys. He'd learn how to hustle and earn an extra buck, everything from weed to cocaine. He was so facinated with the elders affiliations and jewelry that he was ready to do the most to obtain that himself. Growing up in the projects, he was constantly seen hanging around the other juveniles, specially a guy name Malik Cambell, who was one of his closest friends. With his money making mindset and Tres will to be seen by the elders-- the duo spent their wole days trying to earn their respect. At first it was just them sitting on the porch watching the others-- a pipe dream if you must. They'd often get in trouble together, fight together, and other things teenagers did at the time. Even being expelled from school at one point due to a massive brawl. Being influenced by the older presence in the area, he quickly gained knowledge on the street game. Tre Crooks was soon offered a rag and the street-name C-Ro by one of the OGs as a nod to his effort in the streets. After the blue flame wa slit in his heart, he was regarded as one of the top hustlers for someone in his generation. Years passed by and he climbed the ladder, during a time where major conflicts broke out all over Los Santos, the very well funded LSPD/FBI operations went against the gang culture in Los Santos, had alot of big figures fled the gang-scene to smaller towns in the county to stay off the radar and survive-- this were the beginning of a new era where Tre took the lead over of the Eight Tray Gangster Crips. Things started to get too heated down Palomino Creek, new loose sets were moving in and Tre and his affiliates were getting heat from every direction. They had to escape to Fort Carson to set up shop.

Any many more! Anyways, if you really want to document yourself on illegal activities, I suggest you guys to watch Gang Land Documentaries! They help a lot, since everything that they show is absolutely real.

If any of you guys need help with character development or photoshop, my discord direct messages are open and I am willing to help anyone in need!

warcry025

Last edited:

Horas

Bronze Member
This guide helped me strike a deal. Watch and learn, RP novices.

Seriously, it's pretty solid & informative.

Cargo.

Donator
I must say, guys. I was lost, and then I've seen this guide. It truly saves lives!

Moneko

Diamond Member
joining an illegal faction isnt always a ticket for guns tho. at worst ull get CK'd if ur character development is shit. when i was at my peak we never even sell guns to parkrats. sometimes getting urself in a circle might work but it doesnt matter in the end if ull end up getting reported for that shit. i never even have to use guns for a lot of my rp cuz my characters would be incapable of doing so or wont have to resort for that. rping for guns is plain bs imo and it doesnt take skill to tell the difference between a serious rper and a parkrat