What's new

[GUIDE] Helicopter Flying Guide | How to become a better pilot in Red County Roleplay

CrazyTetris

Bronze Member

rcrplogosmall.png

Helicopter Flying Guide

GUIDEIntroduction
Hello everyone I'm CrazyTetris, and today I'm gonna teach everyone the most easiest way of how to properly fly a helicopter/plane in Red County Roleplay.

Opening statement of the guide
Now a lot of people on the server are gonna be defaulted to WASD, up, left, down, right arrow keys on your keyboard, but I have a much easier, but advanced way of fixing that issue for you. I've had some people tell me that using the default keys is comfortable to use while flying the maverick or any type of plane/helicopter in the server, and sure if people are very comfortable with flying with default keys then this guide could be for you or not. This all depends if you like trying something new. Since the time of myself being in Los Santos Roleplay (LS:RP), I have been involved with the SASD faction quite of numerous of times, I have picked up on some neat also some new stuff while getting involved in their Air Support Bureau division, which now I run the Air Support Unit here in the server for San Andreas State Police.

I have spoken to other SASP members, and told them that my way would be a lot easier plus better in the long run, and once they tried it they were quite happy with the changes that they made in their settings. Through my time of being in LS:RP for SASD's Air Support Bureau, I was also defaulted to the normal key bindings as mentioned above, and I was finding myself struggling a lot to keep up within a pursuit while I was getting callouts for units that were on the ground. But then I was introduced to a new system that I have adapted too for a long time, which helped me out a whole lot more to finally keep up with pursuits whilst updating in the air. Now there will be some pros/cons to my way of flying, and the controls themselves. Keep in mind that you do not need to do this, but in the long run I highly recommend this for anyone that enjoys flying in the server.

Pros: You will have easier access to keeping control of your mouse to be able too look around in the sky, towards the ground, and all around you.

You will still need to do use WASD along with Q & E with your LMB and RMB, as this will generally help you control the helicopter or plane, depending on what you'll be flying.

Cons: If you are to use these keybinds for flying, and if you decide to get into the passenger seat of a car you will no longer be able to shoot anymore with your LMB, as it will be rebinded over to left alt on your keyboard.

Settings guide on how to setup the keybinds
So first off you wanna hit ESC on your keyboard, go into options
gTRNASj.png

Once you go into your option settings, you wanna click on controller setup then into redefine controls

KYeGZ9C.png

Than you want to select vehicle controls from redefine controls

zFAb7ha.png

You want to look for steer forward/down, and steer back/up rebind steer forward/down to LMB (Left Mouse Button) then rebind the second key of steer back/up to RMB (Right Mouse Button). Once that is done, you need to scroll down in the same list for mouse look as it would be unbinded, and set it to C. Once you're done with that, you're pretty much all set to go on flying your helicopter/plane.

Z9CEOVM.png

Closing statement of the guide
I will update this guide every now, and then if there's anything else that needs to be put into this, if you have any suggestions, comments, feel free to reply to this topic, or send me a PM on the forums here I will get to each, and every single one of you when I can. I'll also be looking for any kind of suggestions that can be added into the thread. Thank you everyone for reading this, and I hope this guide helps you down the road, as it has helped me.

• 18/01/2024 - Gave a general overhaul to the guide, to make it pop and look clean.
  • Edited the Pros section as there was mis-leading information when I wrote up the guide.
  • Added a changelog to the

Last edited:

kooloo

Donator
Nice guide! Another great alternative I've been using for years is C to lean forward and X to lean backwards since your thumb won't be on the spacebar while flying.

CrazyTetris

Bronze Member
Had a hard time figuring this out when I first started playing samp, good guide!

Nice guide! Another great alternative I've been using for years is C to lean forward and X to lean backwards since your thumb won't be on the spacebar while flying.
Thank you for your support, and your words mean a lot to me. I’ve used this flying system for a while, and still do to this day.

Limitless

Retired Admin
That's pretty interesting! Having to adjust the camera while flying has always driven me crazy lol
Unfortunately I'm already hardwired to use the numpad for flying and it'd be like trying to drive stick after driving only automatic for 15 years

CrazyTetris

Bronze Member
I've made some changes to the guide itself, with a general overhaul of it to make it pop out, and make it look a bit more nicer. I've also changed around the pros section area, as I was giving mis-leading information in regards to the WASD keys. Also added in a changelog to add in any updates/edits to the guide that has been put in.